Counterpart starring J.K. Simmons

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chazro, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogertheshrubber

rogertheshrubber Senior Member

Agree! Fantastic show !

2. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I love the premise and really liked Season 1. I just feel that Season 2 has too many peripheral characters. The last episode was really good and I'm sticking with the show. I don't want/need everything explained to me regarding plot but the overabundance of characters and not knowing which universe the scene is taking place in all the time is too confusing. I thought Fringe was an extremely good and complex show (and had to read season recaps sometimes to remember what happened in previous seasons) but it wasn't confusing in the same sense. Same with Person Of Interest. I also think of the word "prime" as meaning first so I wish they didn't call the alternate universe Prime.

3. Veltri

Veltri ♪♫♫♪♪♫♫♪

I binged the two seasons to date, two episodes a day, and that might be the way to go. It wasn't too convoluted that way since everything was fresh.

The good acting, storytelling and visual cues make it pretty clear where the scene takes place.

If there's a third season I would like to see more of the other world.
    I want to know if the Expos win the World Series.

4. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Latest episode was good. A lot more coherent. Finally everyone seems to be finding out about each other too. Will be interesting to see what happens when the two Managements meet...if they do.

5. glennzo

glennzo Forum Resident

6. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Dang. Even though it's a little hard to follow at times, I hate to see such a thought-provoking, well written and acted show get cancelled.

7. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Dammit, that is the worst news I have heard so far in 2019 (and I had a brother get injured in a car wreck 10 days ago-don't really like him though) I came on here to post about how excellent this weeks episode was and I find this out. REALLY hope this finds a new home. so much potential for more intrigue in the future with the newest developments

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, I can live with it being canceled, though I love the show, in large part because the series finale was excellent. Two fascinating seasons, a lot of shows give us less.

audiomixer likes this.
  9. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

It got all wrapped up; no loose ends. Great show!

Lownote30 likes this.
  10. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I thought the ending was great. It provided enough closure if this is indeed the last season ever, and it also provided a new course should the show continue on some other platform.

jlocke08, Lonson and audiomixer like this.
  11. Locutus67

Locutus67 Forum Resident

I am sad to see this one cancelled, but at least it wrapped up the storylines quite well.
    I still feel it's use of James Carr's 'Dark End Of The Street' at the end of the first episode was fantastic.
    I'd never heard his music before, so I'm grateful for the intro via an amazing song.

I'm not sure continuing the show will maintain the interest given the Berlin/Cold War arc was pretty much concluded. It might end up becoming just another espionage type show & my interest would wane.
    Still, I'm glad we had 20 episodes though of a great show that will stand up to repeated binging over the years.

audiomixer and jlocke08 like this.
  12. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

Is welding the crossing doors closed really going to end this show? Give me a sledgehammer and let me into one of those interface rooms and I will give us a season 3 :cool:

13. audiomixer

All done...

14. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

not so fast my friend. show is actively being shopped to other outlets for a season 3 or possibly more. somebody please snap this great show up.

15. audiomixer

All done...

16. Lonson

I'm rewatching Season 1 on blu-ray. Several of the stars of the show are the musical composer and arranger and the cello soloist. I really enjoy the sound and the playing and the writing.

Mid Season 2 something dawned on me that gave me a deeper emotional connection to the show. I'm really enjoying the viewing, and will continue into viewing Season 2 On Demand.

Kiko1974 and audiomixer like this.
  17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident Thread Starter

The man never rests! JK Simmons is co-co-starring in the upcoming season of Brockmire. I think he and series creator/star Hank Azaria are gonna be a special kind of funny!;)

jlocke08 likes this.
  18. I didn't know it was released on BD. I'm going to check its price on Amazon and if it's region locked or not.

audiomixer likes this.
  19. Season 1 on BD it's released by Anchor Bay, I think it will be region A coded.

20. Lonson

It seems to be Region A.

Kiko1974 likes this.
  21. audiomixer

That’s why I subscribe to the pay channels. It’s always on demand.

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Just realized that this got canceled after two seasons.

That sucks. This and Colony are two excellent sci fi shows cut down too soon.

GentleSenator and ibanez_ax like this.
  23. I didn't know Colony was cancelled. It sucks that Counterparts has been cancelled, I think there still was much history development before it became boring, the second season was great and third season could have been great too with many plot holes to tie.

24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

yeah, i really, really enjoyed this show. really fleshed out and well-developed overall, save for the assassin gal from the other side. they didn't seem to quite know what to do with her in season 2. lots of closure in the second season at least.

25. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Counterpart was science fiction without lasers and space ships and aliens. More importantly, it didn't have explosions every 15 mins. It was destined to fail. :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.