Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. EndorphinMachine

EndorphinMachine Forum Resident

This release seemed an evident choice, so to me the only letdown is it being limited to 8000. Hope it'll reach Europe and I can find now.
    After that, it a re-issue of the half-speed BOTT and we're all set. Bring it Colombia!

2. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

What was great about the Original Basement Tape release is that it nicely captured the zeitgeist by serving up the definitive release of the original 14-track demo reel / acetate, presented in the hand-stamped plain white sleeves reflective of how the first (rock) bootlegs delivered those recordings to us.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

It is a beauty - even the "basic" one:-

[​IMG]

#

4. Percy Song

Searching For A Gem is reporting that the RSD test pressing replica will be limited to eight hundred. I think (hope) this is a typo and eight thousand is the correct number:-

[​IMG]

#

5. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

No way will it be 800 copies

ronbow likes this.
  6. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

I have one of these but I think with the heavier weight and signature stamp. Looks the same as this one.

7. Percy Song

Yes, the signature stamp and serial numbers are on the reverse of the sleeve. The millionaire edition was signed by Garth, apparently.

8. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Yea, same packaging all, except for the details
    • 130- & 180-gram black vinyl editions, hand-stamped autographs, limited 2500 each
    • 200-gram pink vinyl, actual autographs, limited 1000
    Oh yea - the “poor man’s obi” (insert) is pink on the 200-gram edition, blue on the others.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    oldjollymon likes this.
  9. It would be really nice if they would issue the acetate on CD for those of us who bought the big box (where it should have been included in the first place) but who don’t go in for the semi-annual vinyl fetishism.

Mr. H, veon, Martin Byrne and 2 others like this.
  10. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

At this point it would almost be charming to have intentionally incorrect liner notes. :)

11. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I’m no millionaire, but here’s my copy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Percy Song, George P and DeeThomaz like this.
  12. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

A very intriguing release, but I will not be standing in line for hours prior to the doors opening, stampeding into the store, and then getting physical with other patrons in hopes of snapping one of five copies. The RSD concept is a good one in that it attempts to generate interest and get consumers into brick and mortar shops, but it can also create a very unappealing shopping environment.

13. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

+1. An intriguing release indeed, but i won’t be standing in line either.

I find it much more worthwhile to call my favorite record shop right after the RSD madness on the slight chance they may still have my title(s) in stock, or simply go right to ebay to find one that is “reasonably”-priced, and not marked-up too heavily.

14. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Yeah, last year after experiencing the very unappealing in-person experience of RSD at a local shop (and missing out on the one title I wanted, "King In The Ring"), I subsequently obtained it via an Amazon seller for the list price without the headache of RSD. The irony is that "King In The Ring" was reissued as a standard vinyl title last fall.

CBackley and ronbow like this.
  15. Percy Song

It is not impossible that a post-RSD special limited 2CD edition of MBMT will be released with the test pressing as the bonus disc. I'm not threatening a hat-eating episode if it isn't but it isn't out of the question. Predictable but not inevitable.

Blue Note likes this.
  16. Percy Song

I am a millionaire because I didn't buy this version... :)

17. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Oh, I’ve bought much more expensive records than this. It’s storing them at the homeless shelter that’s the problem.

18. Percy Song

Huh! You should try living in a shoe box in the middle of the road; there were one hundred and sixteen of us....

DeeThomaz and stepeanut like this.
  19. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

the missing diary pages attached but printed backwards would be a nice touch

20. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

Well -- given their track record, I don't know that it would have to be intentional.

edit:
    I just realized that this was most likely your point. :nyah:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    RayS likes this.
  21. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident Thread Starter

Agree. Does no one else feel degraded by the RSD “experience”?

22. Percy Song

I'll let you know after I've experienced it on 13 April. Are there really scrummages and the like? You got me worried.

All my other RSD "experiences" have amounted to leisurely typing a credit card number into a box on my screen followed by the click of a mouse sometime after the actual event and seemed quite pain-free. This time I'll be throwing women, children and small furry animals overboard ***** in my quest for the BOTT Test Pressing replica. I'll have to weigh up my chances against the other male punters - I don't want to lose my good looks for the sake of an LP and the food in the hospitals around here is shocking. Hopefully they'll be as old and feeble as I am; but I'll take my walking stick just in case an opportunity arises to take one or more out of contention. :)

***** Obviously I'm exaggerating here. I'll ask them politely to make way in the first instance and then count to five before doing anything drastic.

CBackley, Myke, Bobfan2 and 4 others like this.
  23. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Just don't get a scratch on "Idiot Wind" during the melee. THAT would strike me kind of funny.

24. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Luckily going to my local store on RSD is nothing like that.

25. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

To be more authentic, that cover should say either "GWW" (not Dylan) or Great White Wonder. The "Basement Tape" part is OK.