Acoustic Sounds 15% Off Sale Includes Analogue Productions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by moomoomoomoo, Feb 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moomoomoomoo

moomoomoomoo WhoNeedsRealityWhenThere'sMoreSleepToLookForwardTo Thread Starter

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

nice! i was just thinking about how nice it'd be for them to have a sale like this again soon.

3. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

Thank you, I scored a couple Miles SACDs, a couple Three Blind Mice LPs and the Misty SACD. Herbie Hancock's Thrust SACD was not eligible but grabbed it too. Glad to give them some more biz!

hutlock likes this.
  4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I got the Nat King Cole Story- Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl. Would have liked to pick up a few others AP releases but that was a big purchase for me.

How often do the Analogue Productions go on sale? There expensive enough even on sale that I can only justify a couple at a time.

CBackley likes this.
  5. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Not very often, as far as I can tell. Right there with ya on only being able to pick them up a couple at a time.

As with the Music Matters Blue Notes, I try hard to make room in my limited budget for some of these lps. They are very special pressings, and if they go OOP will only be even more out of reach.

floyd likes this.
  6. Only a couple of times per year.

floyd likes this.
  7. moomoomoomoo

I hope APO keeps doing SACD.................... imo, they have the highest quality standard of any company in the USA.

Myke likes this.
  8. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Part of me says that hi rez bits are hi rez bits, but has anyone compared their downloads to HD Tracks, 7Digital, etc.? If I've answered my own question, great, no need to break out the :-popcorn:

9. moomoomoomoo

I haven't done deep comparisons, but I have noticed that my older Oppo 95 is very picky about encodes. I have more trouble with HDT than others. Some of the 192's sound like a destroyed record until I re-encode them, & some 96's & 192's have clock issues. Thank goodness for that ole' standbye, Trader's Little Helper.

10. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Too bad the Texas Hurricane box set isn't on sale. Pretty expensive as is, IMHO.

johnny q likes this.
  11. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Vinyl or SACDs ? When I bought the individual vinyl copies, there was a ridiculous difference in price for just the box.

Edit : Yep, just rechecked on the AS site. Box is $400. Individually is $330. :shake:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  12. Strat-Mangler

Unfortunately, 2 albums aren't available individually in 33rpm format, for some stupid reason. :(

13. Myke

I was referring to 45 rpm, which is what I bought.

14. Strat-Mangler

Yep. I explained the reasons for wanting the box as opposed to buying the titles individually.

15. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Is the 45 cut of the LP with Tin Pan Alley available individually? That one is worth the coin. (I bought the box when it came out, but that record is so over the top it's unbelievable and I'm not usually one for hyperbole).

16. Myke

Bill Hart likes this.
  17. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Also seem to apply to this weekend’s sale, at least it did for the AP discs in my cart

18. floyd

floyd Senior Member

What’s the code? I don’t see one, at least on my mobile version of the site.
    Edit: I see it for music direct. I was looking at Acoustic sounds and did not see a sale.

19. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

15PERCENT (only for in stock items)

ermylaw, waaguirr and floyd like this.
  20. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks for the code!

I picked up a few AP titles:

The Doors - Waiting for the Sun 45rpm (completes my collection of Doors AP 45rpm’s

Beach Boys Surfer Girl AP 45 (this one I really went back and forth on between the 33 and 45- it is such a short album I believe that the grooves on the 33 should be nice and spacious and sound pretty damn good- but there have been so many raves about the 45 I decided to go for it.

Duke Ellington Masterpieces AP 33rpm. This one from Michael Fremer’s 100 best in print all analog records. The 45 is backordered so it was easy to go for the 33 lots of great reviews for that one- seems to be Acoustic Sounds top seller right now.

I also picked up some “regular” (non AP) AAA vinyl:

Paul Simon self titled and Still Crazy After all These Years - a nice way to know I am getting the US copies which are AAA.

Gillian Welch: The Harrow & The Harvest this is another from the Fremer list. I listened to some of her music and like it so (that is naturally the biggest factor)

I noticed the AP Elvis 24K Hits is in stock again. I had neglected getting that for some time as I had the DCC and SACD but then it was out of stock everywhere and I ended up in a “panic” buying one on Amazon for $90 now it is back in stock at Acoustic Sounds for $75 minus the 15%. If anyone is interested.

I also made a similar size order at Music Direct as they are also running a 15% off sale. I’ll post about that over on that thread.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  21. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

Funny you mentioned the Elvis Presley 24k Hits, I just placed an order for that one last night from them with the 15 percent off came to $63.75. I also threw in the Kenny Drew dvd audio for $2. I figured it was time to get some Elvis in my collection besides Costello.

floyd likes this.
  22. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I grabbed 3 SACDs from the “Limited Stock” list

Billie Holiday - Songs For Distingue Lovers
    John Coltrane - John Coltrane Quartet Plays
    Ben Webster - Gentle Ben

And a bunch of their $2.50 and $5.00 blues CDs and SACDs

23. snowrs

snowrs Forum Resident

1 AAPB 1483 Muddy Waters / Folk Singer
    1 AAPJ 111 Various Artists / The Sound Of Jazz
    1 AAPJ 8192 Dave Brubeck Quartet / Time Out
    1 ASUV 065 Charles Mingus / The Black Saint And The Sinner

24. moomoomoomoo

I'm not having much luck finding the "limited stock" SACD list. Any chance of a link?

25. Myke

Down the right-hand side > By Availability > Limited Stock. SACD|Acoustic Sounds

moomoomoomoo and PhantomStranger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.