Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

The really have it in for the guy ala Kevin Spacey. Let Asia Argento take some of the heat now.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

It was kind of a joke, but yeah. My point is that this is one writer/director that will be very difficult to replace.

Eon Productions has a similar situation with their new Bond film, because writer/director Danny Boyle just quit the picture, which means it'll be delayed at least six months (if not a year). When you consider that a film like Guardians 3 or Bond 25 could make a billion dollars, losing $1 billion in a year's interest while waiting to find a new guy is a huge problem.

I think this is a valid argument. And now that Disney owns the Fox Marvel characters (all the X-Men and the Fantastic 4), there's about 100 new characters they can now incorporate into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

alexpop likes this.
  3. alexpop

Still don't know why Boyle quit/was fired. Everything was going hunky dory for three months..seems it was over a disagreement on casting a Russian villain ( choice of actor ) Craig apparently makes all those decisions. Guess finding a cut n paste anybody YES man director at this stage now.

4. alexpop

Eon productions. Daniel Craig will be 52 when Bond 25 is out, projected date now Winter 2020, no Bond film had been released in the summer. Gives Wonder Woman some breathing space, sequel out November 2019. Same time as Bond 25 originally planned November /December 2019.

5. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Yawn

6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Looks like Vol. 3 is being put on hold/shelved for now.

'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' Production Put on Hold (Exclusive)

Crewmembers, who were assembling for preproduction, are being dismissed and are free to look for new work.

The production of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is being put on hold for the time being as Marvel and Disney regroup on the project, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Sources say that crewmembers, which is, at this stage, a small group that was prepping for preproduction, are being dismissed and are free to look for new work.

The Marvel project was originally to have been directed by James Gunn and was to have begun principal photography in the winter, either in January or February. The project was crewing up and was to have gone into full preproduction mode in the fall.

7. alexpop

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Vidiot and marmalade166 like this.
  9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

"Suicide Squad" Sequel: Well, there's an easy act to follow.

If one of the worst films in recent years gets a sequel, just goes to show you it's all about sequels and "universe" tie-ins now. The movies are now synonymous with trading baseball cards.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Ghostworld likes this.
  11. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

They are still selling the GOTG 1 & 2 DVDs/BDs, which I imagine Gunn is still getting some money from. If so, I don't really see the difference in him directing GOTG 3.

12. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Ghostworld likes this.
  13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It's a sad day when a writing "talent" like Gunn is so prized. I mean, he didn't even create the GOTG characters. But he got lucky and the film was a hit, so suddenly he's gold for being in-tune with l0w-brow, low-expectation America, I guess.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  14. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

glad they put 3 on hold I wouldn't go see it without gunn. wait a bit maybe things cool down a bit and get gunn back. meanwhile the characters can make appearances every so often to keep the flame burning.

longdist01 likes this.
  15. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

16. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

In 1978 my HS history teacher said America hasn’t gotten over 1865 and I thought wha you nuts. I understand now.

17. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Thread lockdown in 3... 2... 1...
    :-popcorn:

18. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Have you ever read the GOTG comics? They are pretty far removed from the film versions, and in some cases completely re-imagined. He took a load of extremely marginal Marvel characters and reinvented them for the big screen in a brilliantly unique way. No luck involved. Pure skill on his part. Even hardcore Marvel fans were wondering why on earth (or not on earth) they were making a GOTG film and most didn't think it was going to be very good.

The fact it was a big hit is all down to Gunn's writing and direction and some great casting. Almost zero to do with the original source material.

19. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

'Oscar Winning' Suicide Squad! The first film was indeed one of the worst big budget films of the last few years. However it seems ideal for Gunn who can write great material for an ensemble cast like this.

I do think, if he is allowed to work his magic and isn't messed about with, this could be the first real great DC film since the Nolan Batman's.

marmalade166 likes this.
  20. alexpop

Watched Vol 2 recently and it’s brilliant.
    What’s happening with Vol.- 3 ?

21. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Not much according to Kevin Feige (President of Marvel Studios).

22. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Hated Thor Raganok. Same stupid cookie cutter jokes as Guardians of the Galaxy. Should be a good mix.

23. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm glad to hear he's taking this over. And won't miss Will Smith not being there one bit.

24. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I’m saying it again Jake gyllenhaal as Adam Warlock. He’s perfect. The weird, arrogant, too good looking superhero

25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

He's already been cast as Mysterio in Spiderman 2.

Ryan Gosling.

Ghostworld likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.