Rewatching Game Of Thrones-Where To Start

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Etienne Hanratty, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etienne Hanratty

Etienne Hanratty Forum Resident Thread Starter

With the new season nearly upon us, my wife and I are planning to re-watch some of Game Of Thrones. My preference would be to start from the first season whereas she’d like to begin part way through. Is there a consensus on this? Any suggestions appreciated

alexpop likes this.
  2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

AS an 'on-the-fencer' until a few years ago, I'd say from the beginning......
    Those baby Direwolves!..... I don't think I would've even gave the show a chance, if it weren't for those 'cuties'!

Ms. Daisy and Etienne Hanratty like this.
  3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I was on board in Season One and have chosen to rewatch from the very beginning. Just cracked into season two last night, got some work to do in order to finish in time!

Etienne Hanratty likes this.
  4. Etienne Hanratty

I’m quite prepared to binge, but my wife tends not to go beyond a coupke if episodes a session.

5. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

I have rewatched this more than once. To get the best overall vibe of the story... start at season 1

6. Raf

Raf Senior Member

67 episodes to rewatch … 38 days to go until the season 8 premiere … better start now.

7. Etienne Hanratty

Now you put it like that, I’ll have to.

Raf likes this.
  8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

9. alexpop

Watched it a few times. Though if your binge watching for the first time you better get cracking as season 8 starts next month.

10. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

I watched the early seasons a couple of times now. By now I developed the habit of rewatching the most recent season before I watch a new one. Once they are done, I'll probably watch them all from start to finish at some point (more than once, for sure).

vince and Etienne Hanratty like this.
  11. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

If you've got the time, rewatch from the beginning. I did a complete rewatch in November/December. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the show/how much you remember, but it does reward long-time viewers and people who pay attention to the smaller details.

12. Etienne Hanratty

I’ve pretty much only watched it through once. Most of it, I think I can remember but I’m aware of bits I’ve missed-I can’t remember for the life of me where Paul Kaye’s character came in, for example.

13. vince

When I last watched them all,
    I realized how much I missed that little 'cat-and-mouse'-thing Varys and Littlefinger had going on...
    I guess that's why I more hoping for less battle and more talking.

14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

You can't jump in the middle with this program, GOT is basically a huge spiderweb and it all starts in episode 1. It will help to refresh the memory and you might pick up some new insights by going back to the very beginning.

15. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

I made it all the way through Season 7, Episode 1 and then got sidetracked last year. (Blame Ed Sheeran?) So at the beginning of February, I started over again. I think it's even more enjoyable the second time around. Currently up to the beginning of Season 4.
    My vote is to start at Season 1 and binge hard! :)

Etienne Hanratty and vince like this.
  16. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

At the beginning, series one. I'm just going to settle for re-watching the last episode of series seven before eight starts.

17. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

18. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

GOT writer Bryan Cogman says these are the episodes from each season to watch before Season 8:

Season 1: E1, E2, E9 & E10

Season 2: E3, E6 & E9

Season 3: E3, E4, E5 & E9

Season 4: E6, E8 & E10

Season 5: E8

Season 6: E5, E9 & E10

Season 7: E3, E4, E7

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'd start from the beginning. : )

20. Start in the middle of season 4.
    ;)

I kid, season one at the beginning is best.

21. vince

"Let's start at the very beginning,
    a very good place to start..."

22. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I had never seen a full episode before this week, but I finally threw in the towel and started watching from the beginning. We're gonna try to watch 2 or so a day and get it done in a few weeks. Good show -- I see why it's so well-regarded and why it's won so many awards.

23. alexpop

Season 8 available in 4K December 2019.

Season 1-8 complete big box bd about $300.oo December 2019.

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My bet is that all of Game of Thrones will be available in 4K HDR before too much longer. HBO would love to squeeze every dime they can out of this thing.

BTW, it got a whopping 32 Emmy nominations this week, which is a record (at least in the past 15-20 years).

25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

That (4K set) is what I'm holding out for. I had sold my individual season 1-6 blu-rays over a year ago. I can't wait to feast my eyes on this series in 4K on my new 77" OLED.

All the emmy nominations are well deserved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.