Ridiculous picture disc scam on eBay

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

I've reported him a number of times on Ebay about the Budgie so-called promo picture discs and they have done nothing about him, I am sure they leave him alone because he some who is still able to sell them at the prices he charges!

2. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Sniping is totally legal. Not sure what your contention here is. Or are you saying your bid sniper program didn't work? Regardless, eBay certainly doesn't want people not getting their bids in. Higher price equals higher fees.

3. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

It is probably more likely that ebay does not take down a seller's sales based on random complaints from other users that have no legal standing. It sucks, but that is just the way it works.

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Looking at the eBay sellers ad...there's he says that is lie. Is it rare? Yeah it is. He made the darn thing so he must know how rare it is! So no lie there. He didn't call it original, authorised or whatever. No lie there. He makes hardly any claims is basically relying on buyer ignorance.

At best they can ban him for selling pirated goods but they allow people to sell bootlegs so...I think if the labels and artists started complaining eBay would do something but not if there's a few random users complaining.

5. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Look closer at the pictures. These "picture discs" literally do not exist, the seller is just digitally superimposing images onto a turntable using a computer program. They're just a bunch of pixels on a screen, not a photograph of an existent product. If you buy from this seller, you will receive nothing.

6. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

IHe's had at least 114 transaction, no negatives and I've seen these picture discs on eBay before, going back over a year at least. Theres a few sellers doing the same thing (probably all connected). If he was sending out nothing since Dec 17 (when he joined) he'd have had a lot of complaints by now and would've been banned (I've seen that happen although it wasn't anything to do with lps) and had plenty of negative feedback.

I can actually get one of these made myself locally (assuming the place would ignore the rules of course :) )

7. GodBlessTinyTim

I think the depths of deception run pretty darn deep on eBay. I'd be surprised if any of those positive ratings are from real human beings, or if any buyer has received a product. Anyone know someone who knows someone who bought from one of these merchants?

8. Muzyck

Muzyck Pardon my scruffy hospitality

Either that or the seller is just using marketing materials from the shop churning this crap out because the pictures look much better than the actual product.

9. craig mack

craig mack Active Member

I actually risked it and gave it a try. I ordered OutKast Ms Jackson picture disc. It actually arrived! It’s def not an official release. More like a fan made collectors item. I think the pics he posts are photo shopped but he makes the records as they’re ordered.
    The disc is thick, has the OutKast pic on one side the other is white, the thin clear grooved vinyl is on top, like fused together. Definitely not like any other picture vinyl I have, but cool none the less. The record plays well too. I was really surprised to get anything at all I thought it was a big scam too but figured what’s money back guarantee would save me if any issues arose. I think he changes his account so often because these albums are bootleg aF./
    I’m gonna frame it and hang it on the wall.. he told the truth it is rare, just not official..

Reese and Greg Gee like this.
  10. craig mack

craig mack Active Member

Also I gotta add, I got it for $170 still too much I know..

11. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

So, basically he's got a lathe cutter thingy.

Lost In The Flood and craig mack like this.
  12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Essentially or knows a place that will do them for him. I know a place locally that can do them.

13. GodBlessTinyTim

Well I'll be damned. Could you upload a picture of the actual product?

14. craig mack

craig mack Active Member

Here’s a couple I’m trying to upload

15. craig mack

craig mack Active Member

Err I tried to cut n paste didn’t work. How do I upload from an iPhone? It was asking image url

16. GodBlessTinyTim

It's kind of a pain in the butt, you have to upload them to a site like Imgur and take the URL from there. Don't worry about it if you don't feel like the hassle.

17. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

If you want to email it to me I'd be happy to post for you.

craig mack likes this.
  18. craig mack

craig mack Active Member

Sure shoot me an email I will send pics.. thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.