Who's attending the 2019 Axpona Show audio expo in suburban Chicago?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Shawn, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn

Shawn Senior Member Thread Starter

Similar to my thread last year, I thought I'd start this one to see who's attending AXPONA April 12-April 14 in Schaumburg, IL (same location as 2018).

AXPONA - Audio Expo North America

I thought last year's event was really well done, and will be going on Fri and Sat. Anyone else?

I'm looking forward to checking out PureAudioProject's speakers most of all.

2. BD2665

BD2665 Forum Resident

I'll be there Saturday for sure and possibly Friday as well pending availability to take the day off from work.

Shawn likes this.
  3. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Try to also hear the new Spatial X5 and X3 models. Let us know how the Spatials compare to the PAPs.
    New X Class Announcement — Spatial Audio Lab

Frost and Shawn like this.
  4. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I usually attend on Friday.

5. Shawn

Shawn Senior Member Thread Starter

I'll definitely try to check them out. The X line is out of my budget but it will be worth hearing the comparison.

6. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Oh yeah, AXPONA is must see TV for me. Friday for sure. Interested in hearing the new EAR phono preamp make its debut. Would also like to check out the spatial audio (they had better not sound too good!) and Buchardt speakers. Klipsch speakers will also be there making their first appearance I believe.

Turboholic likes this.
  7. timind

timind phorum rezident

I plan on attending either Friday or Saturday. You mentioned two of the companies I am most interested in hearing. I also hope to hear Audio Note speakers as I attended two years ago and was totally underwhelmed by AN's exhibit.

8. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

By all means let us know what you think of all three brands, and anything else that grabs you.

timind likes this.
  9. gudnoyez

gudnoyez Forum Resident

I will be there Saturday and Sunday looking for streamers, NAD, Cambridge Audio, Blusound, Lumin, and others if someone can recomend a good Streamer besides those mentioned, please do. I plan on checking out the MastersoundD and the Rosso Fiorentino product line in the Audio Thesis room. Lots of stuff to see 1 day was not enough last year that's why I hope this year 2 days will be enough time to see all the Audio items I'm wanting to check out.

10. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I’ll be there either Saturday or Sunday.

11. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Spatial Audio will be showing in two rooms.
    510 with Modwright driving the X3 and the X5.

696 with Linear Tube Audio driving the X3

timind likes this.
  12. Ken Clark

Ken Clark Forum Resident

Likely Saturday for me, and it will be the first time I've been to anything like this.

Fruff76 likes this.
  13. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Yes! Great show

14. Frost

Frost Forum Resident

Ill be going sunday maybe saturday too. Shopping with a good friend for new speakers for him, so might go home sunday with a show demo!

timind likes this.
  15. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

i hope they open the vendor area as soon as the doors open this year. always a great way to shop for new vinyl. elusive disc had a really good selection last year.

16. BigE

BigE Forum Resident

I’ll be there on Saturday. The Schaumburg venue is a great improvement over the Rosemont shows.

LinnsondekLP likes this.
  17. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I will be there. Trip booked.

timind likes this.
  18. Ecjjr

Ecjjr Well-Known Member

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it.

19. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

Not trying to crap, but I don't think I want to go. I just plunked down $2k on a new TT, Pre, and Cans. I'm loving my system. I was encouraged by someone I know to go, and I can only think: Why would I go hear things that sound better than what I just bought when I'm only getting to know my new equipment? It hardly seems like the time to build system upgrade mojo. Does that make sense? I've never been, so I'm checking my reality. I hope everyone who goes has engaging audio experiences!

Shawn likes this.
  20. usethefourth

usethefourth Well-Known Member

Going there for the first time with the wife. Not really looking for buy anything as much as look around and hear systems I'll never have a chance to hear in my life (lol)

21. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

I'm visiting the grandkids this weekend in Algonquin. I was planning on hitting Siren Records Saturday in McHenry. I did not know about this show. I might want to take my 16 year old grandson. Thanks for the heads up. I'll read the link.

Shawn likes this.
  22. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

23. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

I sent your link and the youtube video overview of the event to my son. Looks like my grandson and I are definitely going to be there. Those of us that are going need to pick a place to meet. I'd like to attach faces and "real world" personalities to the folks here. And the first one that calls me "creepy internet guy" gets a punch in the nose! ;)

24. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I'm packing up now, actually, and will be at the hotel (across the freeway) by mid-afternoon tomorrow (Thursday), and will depart mid-day Sunday as usual. Let's hope the weather is way better than last year's fiasco!

The artists performing on Friday and Saturday nights are worth staying around for if you are into their type of music (Seth Walker and Shelby Lynne, respectively).

The Renaissance is far and away better than the Westin--they did a good job with it for the most part. It was a chore to cover everything since it is so sprawling. I am going to do it mostly solo, so I am not holding anyone up.

They had us waiting at the doors prior to opening. They should have started with a gunshot at the entrance since a lot of us really wanted to get in there first. :D I need a couple more interconnects so I will be hitting up Morrow Audio's table (they bring a lot of used cables, from all manufacturers, which I presume are all trade-ins).

It's worth going, regardless. (Yes, I'm an enabler. ;) ) I'm also not looking for any major components, as I'm set for the time being. But I see other things at the show. I'll see accessories, room treatments or tweaks that enhance what I have already. I can talk to manufacturers or reps about the components I own, and hear new products that I have only read about. Some of the seminars are worth seeing--I saw one by room treatment guru Bob Hodas that was well worth the time spent. There is also the networking, meeting up with friends and fellow audiophiles and discussing our common interests (since the rest of the world doesn't "get" us :D ). You can even hear a couple of the brands @Steve Hoffman has recommended or reviewed over the years, like the Sonist loudspeakers which are in attendance every year.

The Revealer, Steve Hoffman and Shawn like this.
  25. samurai

samurai Step right up! See the glory, of the royal scam.

I'd appreciate impressions of the Salk SS9.5 from anyone who gets the opportunity to hear them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.