Acoustic Sounds Announces Anniversary Sales For The Rest Of 2019 + More !!!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Myke, Mar 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Just rec'd this e mail :

[​IMG]

2. Myke

3. Myke

@Steve Hoffman - I so appreciate your sharing Chad's story with us years ago. I've never forgotten, as it's so inspiring. Even made me consider keeping his voicemail, that one time he called to thank me for my loyalty !!!

4. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

rararabbits, SJP, audiomixer and 3 others like this.
  5. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Picked up Kenny Drew - Undercurrent for $2+shipping. Not very experienced with this format but figured why the hell not for so cheap.

6. snowwhat

snowwhat Forum Resident

I picked up 5 of the Everest titles last night. I don’t have the equipment to take advantage of the DVD audio, but the cds should sound nice, especially for about $4 each after shipping.

7. Myke

8. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

9. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Sorry, your thread said nothing about Classic HDAD so I didn't find it. I looked and it doesn't look like you mention it at all. I don't see why it's necessary to merge the threads! Mine is focused on alerting those who are interested in collecting Classic HDAD and DAD discs at killer discounts. That group may or may not overlap with those interested in Acoustic Sounds' ongoing 2019 sales.

Planbee likes this.
  10. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Strat-Mangler and ChmnOfDaBoard like this.
  11. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Thank you for the heads up. Ordered 15 items and these are great prices. Don’t know much about the classical ones I ordered but I am betting these sound great.

Jim

12. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I already got a shipped notification for the order I placed this morning. I ordered about 17 items. I've really enjoyed all the HDAD and DAD titles I already have in my collection, so I'm confident these will be great as well. For those new to these HDAD/DAD series, do some searches here on the forums. Most of the old threads are locked down, but there's good information contained in some of them.

oldjollymon and Jgirar01 like this.
  13. Myke

You're right, it was in that part of the e mail that I didn't screenshot, as it wasn't my focus of importance, as much as the other two. Having of course, viewed the e mail, they presented themselves today, as that whole. My mistake.

sw61139 likes this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Two bucks each, just bought nine. Figure I should like at least a few of them. Nice add!

15. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Picked up Dr. John and Kenny Drew. Thanks!

Myke likes this.
  16. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

I gather the Everest titles are touted for their sound, but are there any in this set that are "must haves" for the music? (Still working my way through search results, and not sure how long these will be on for this price.)

Also, I've found several mentions of pitch issues (speed variations?) reported for the Classic vinyl, but not much on the digital versions yet. If you get yours before the sale ends, please post feedback on the sound. Thanks!

17. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Does anyone know if these DAD discs be ripped to 16 bit FLAC to put on a phone?

18. zongo

zongo Forum Resident

I don't know for sure about these particular titles, but the ones that I have of these DAD and HDAD type discs sound truly excellent. Great mastering, and the format seems to work well.

Fractured likes this.
  19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

[​IMG]

Not a bad haul for about $100 -- just enough to qualify for free FedEx shipping that got these to me in 3 days.

Especially considering paying the original retail price of these would have cost about $600 (at $30/each) around 10 years ago when these were first released.

Craig.

20. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Dignan2000 and black sheriff like this.
  21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Yes if you have the right eqpt and software (neither of which are uncommon or hard to obtain).

puffyrock2 likes this.
  22. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Received my Kenny Drew - Undercurrent DVD-A from Acoustic Sounds today (for $2 + shipping). Wow, this sounds fantastic. What a steal.

CraigVC likes this.
  23. Myke

24. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

If I'm correct...
    on the first page, the only 45 RPM vinyl that was eligible for the discount was 'Rumours'.
    Maybe I was a-hallucinatin' tho.

25. Myke

No, there was an SRV too, lucky for me, of the 3 I just paid for 5 days ago, Ted Nugent's S/T was the only one on sale. The selection is very selective, but quite a few out of the 542 total, are on sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.