Terminator: Dark Fate*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I can dig Linda and an all female cast! Indeed...

2. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Arnold in training post heart surgery. I'm going for a run.....:righton:.

melstapler likes this.
  3. Deuce66

4. Steve M.

Steve M. Forum Resident

When's it due to be released?

5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

November 22, 2019.

Steve M. and melstapler like this.
  6. Deuce66

Arnold wishing Linda a happy b-day a few days ago she turned 62.

[​IMG]

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Happy Birthday, Linda!

It’s assumed that Arnie is playing another aging terminator, but the possibility exists that he’s actually playing a human in this one. Perhaps the T-800 is modeled after a human.

I zoomed in on the pic and can see what looks like “metal” beneath the “cuts.” There goes that theory.

kanakaris and Deuce66 like this.
  8. Deuce66

Terminator - Dark Fate

James Cameron Reveals New 'Terminator' Title Is 'Dark Fate'

“That’s our working title right now.”

Although Cameron said that he was taking a back seat to director Tim Miller for the new movie — “I’m kind of like the Pips — he’s Gladys,” he joked of his executive producer position — he did take credit for the return of two key faces from the franchise for the latest installment. “I said, ‘I can’t be involved in this film at all if Arnold [Schwarzenegger] is not in it,’” he said, adding that Linda Hamilton’s return was something he “strongly recommended,” explaining “Fans are going to want to see her again, and they’re going to want to see the real Sarah Connor and what time and dealing with these tragic futures has done to her.”

He even went so far as to tease what that might be. Events have, he said, “hardened her even more, but in a way that made her much stronger… Maybe less likable, but stronger. And ultimately, she becomes a really important character in passing the baton to the new characters that come in. It’s a very female-centric film, which I’m glad Tim embraced those themes.”

Terminator: Dark Fate will be released Nov. 1.

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

The only thing that I am looking forward to with this movie is in seeing how fast it takes Cameron to disown THIS film just as he has done with the last three Terminators when they underperformed. :lol:

10. Deuce66

Well he had nothing to do with those sequels....the new one will pick up where II ended, completely ignoring everything that came afterwards.

The title is now official: Terminator: Dark Fate

11. No, he didn’t have anything to do with them but he was consulted on a couple and gave his tact approval for at least one.

12. Deuce66

That's possible, I know that he gave the last one a promo plug to help out Arnie, I have yet to see it, heard it was a complete mess.

13. kreen

kreen Forum Resident

Yeah, I don't like the sound of that.

14. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I guess if Carrie Fisher could rejoin Star Wars, then Linda Hamilton can rejoin the Terminator franchise.

sunspot42 and Encuentro like this.
  15. TheVU

TheVU Forum Resident

I kind of assumed she would have been vaporized in 1997 when the machines took over.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  16. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Cameron is not directing it. So, deflected skill sets...Dark Fate.

17. SandAndGlass

People who you think are gone, some how have ways of reappearing.

My understanding has been that we will again be seeing Sigourney Weaver in the Avatar sequel's.

18. Deuce66

She's not the only one, almost every major human character who died is coming back except for Michelle Rodriguez. I think Sigourney is playing a brand new character though, not a reincarnated or cloned Grace Augustine.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  19. SandAndGlass

Too bad, I liked Michelle.

20. Deuce66

Junkie XL to Score 'Terminator: Dark Fate' (Exclusive)

MARCH 22, 2019 1:06pm PT by Aaron Couch

Junkie XL to Score 'Terminator: Dark Fate' (Exclusive)

Terminator: Dark Fate, the upcoming Terminator sequel that brings series creator James Cameron back as a producer for the first time since 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The film is from director Tim Miller, who collaborated with Holkenborg on 2016's Deadpool.

"It's great to be working on another project with Tim," Holkenborg said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The original Terminators were such iconic movies, and having James back as a producer with Tim directing is an amazing dream team. It's going to be a fantastic movie to be part of."

Holkenborg's scoring credits include Mad Max: Fury Road, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Tower, the most recent Tomb Raider movie and Alita: Battle Angel.

Terminator: Dark Fate, from Paramount and Skydance, is the first Terminator film to feature original star Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor since T2. Arnold Schwarzenegger is also back, with series newcomers including Natalia Reyes and Mackenzie Davis.

For Holkenborg fans in the Los Angeles area, the Terminator news comes as he prepares to make a public appearance March 29 at Synthplex, a festival described as celebrating all things synthesizer. He will be joined in conversation by THR contributor Byron Burton in Room ABC at the Burbank Airport Marriott Convention Center.

Terminator: Dark Fate opens Nov. 1

Encuentro and SandAndGlass like this.
  21. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

I’ve only watched the first 2 Terminator movies. Do you guys reckon this will be a good one?

22. Deuce66

Arnold Schwarzenegger Impresses with First 'Terminator' Footage at CinemaCon

APRIL 04, 2019 11:03am PT by Carolyn Giardina , Pamela McClintock, Aaron Couch

Arnold Schwarzenegger Impresses with First 'Terminator' Footage at CinemaCon

Terminator: Dark Fate, which sees the series creator return as a creative voice for the first time since 1991's Terminator: Judgment Day.

Little is known about the upcoming film from Paramount and Skydance. But the curtain was pulled back at CinemaCon Thursday during Paramount's presentation. Paramount studio chief Jim Giannopoulos described it as a “return to the intensity, grit, and spectacle of the movies that first captured our imagination decades ago."

It will follow up T2, with Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to star, and original lead Linda Hamilton back for the first time since Judgment Day. They are joined by series newcomers Natalia Reyes and Mackenzie Davis.

Deadpool filmmaker Tim Miller is directing the project, and said it "feels like a true successor to Jim's iconic film." Before showing footage, Miller noted the sound and visual effects were still works in progress, asking the crowd, "please be gentle."

Deesky and bherbert like this.
  23. Deuce66

There's a good team behind this one, I think it has a chance of doing justice to the first two movies.

SandAndGlass and bherbert like this.
  24. Deuce66

May 12/2019

“I like to spend every #TerminatorDay in a dark room thinking dark thoughts & our edit bay is the perfect place! We're here putting the finishing touches on our FIRST TRAILER-we're just weeks away from releasing this ****er into the wild & we're very, very excited.” -Tim Miller

[​IMG]

SandAndGlass, Encuentro and sunspot42 like this.
  25. Hopefully it uses the art of the trailer and not the art of the spoiler.

Deuce66 and Encuentro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.