Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Although I really wanna get Animals (the surround mix has been ready for what, 10 years?), I think it's a wise decision to push the Animals box one more year.
    We need those demos and those live recordings of the In The Flesh Tour to be au point. Are you reading this, James Guthrie? Yes, I'm talking to you! :D

Max Florian and ODShowtime like this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

That should keep us all entertained until the official announcement. Part of the fun is guessing! Unfortunately I can't play. :ignore:

3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

A year or two at most, IIRC.

4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

More time to look for some decent recording(s) from the band's 1977 tour, I hope!
    I'm also okay if they would officially release some audience tape (e.g. Oakland) on the Animals set.

RangerXT, Larry Schmidt and NunoBento like this.
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

More time to save up for all the money I'm gonna be spending! This box, Animals, Abbey Road, new Court of the Crimson King. It's a good thing my fiance loves me so much! :p

6. NunoBento

Just move your head up and down or right-to-left! :D

Max Florian likes this.
  7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Like this? > :agree: :shake:

NunoBento likes this.
  8. NunoBento

YEY! :D

9. Hush

Hush "Fate, up against your will"

Absolutely desperate for the Animals reissue, whatever it may be, so to hear it may another year away is a bit disappointing.

But, I'm sure this will make up for it for the time being. I've never been the biggest fan of AMLOR, but it'll be interesting to see what they do with it, if anything at all.

Bring it on!

Azza200 and andrewskyDE like this.
  10. NunoBento

About "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason". Being the first album post-Roger and lacking the crucial contribution of Rick, I kind of understand where all the hate towards it comes from. But still, I love it. Half of it is first class Floyd.
    "A New Machine" and "One Slip" obviously sit bad along the Floyd cannon, but stuff like "Sorrow" and "On The Turning Away" and even "Learning To Fly" are top drawer Floyd.

11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I was into it when it came out but lost interest in it over the years. After cranking it up today I can say with 100% certainty that I'm into it again. :righton:

12. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

welp, Pulse on blu-ray sounds sweet. delicate sound of thunder on blu-ray also sounds good.

maybe knebworth 1990 or venice 1989 remastered.

some HD video of marooned performed in oslo 1994?

Runicen, RangerXT and rontoon like this.
  13. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

I guess the box everyone is waiting for will now be called "the middle years"?

ODShowtime, mando_dan, Kalli and 4 others like this.
  14. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Were any of the non-Dark Side nights at Earl’s Court filmed with Hey You etc in the setlist for consideration for PULSE?

15. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

Very good and long-awaited news!
    I read all messages and wishes of content of such edition. It is a pity that the most part of desires will not come true. It is difficult for me to present on whom contents will depend: I do not believe that Roger and David will be able to agree upon these questions.
    Possibly, it will be a question of TWO various editions "73' - 83'" & "87'-2014"

16. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

A few pages back mentioned "Animals" surround delayed? This is just a supposed box set with a Blu-Ray right, the SACD is still 2019 ?

andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  17. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I’m in.

:drool:

Runicen, Mr. H and rontoon like this.
  18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

AFAIK the release date is still a moving target. Acoustic Sounds advertised the SACD for a 2019 release. Aubrey just mentioned 2020 but maybe that's for a box?

I don't know of any of the other Earl's Court shows that were filmed aside from the one that was broadcast and released.

The Later Years does not involve Roger Waters so nobody to disagree with.

drum_cas, JediJoker, zinan and 6 others like this.
  19. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Hope it’s got massive pulse type led’s on the box

20. Big Pasi

Big Pasi Forum Resident

To my knowledge, no other nights were filmed. Unfortunately. :realmad:

NunoBento, coffeetime and rontoon like this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Aside from the Endless River, I don't own any Floyd albums past the Final Cut. If they are going to be included in this box, that'd be gravy. If not... I'll just add them to my order!

Runicen, andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  22. NunoBento

All right, this is just a first draft and subject to a lot of revisions and fill in the gaps.

Keeping the concept of gathering the material by the year of conception, as in "The Early Years", his is what IMO we should expect (and also what I want).

Pink Floyd - The Later Years (1987-1995)

CD 1 - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason Stereo Remix (the rebirth of that long lost project with Rick parts mixed in)
    BD 1 - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason Surround Remix
    BD 1 - A Momentary Lapse Of Reason promo videos (Learning To Fly, One Slip, On The Turning Away)
    BD 2 - Would You Buy A Ticket For This Show? - Live at The Omni '87
    BD 2 - Hangar Rehearsals - Live in Toronto '87

CD 1 + 2 - Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Live at Nassau Coliseum '88 (EXPANDED album with complete concert)
    BD 1 - Delicate Sound Of Thunder - Live at Nassau Coliseum '88 (EXPANDED film without the cheesy animations)

• 1989-1992
    CD 1 - "La Carrera Panamericana" complete Soundtrack (Pan Am Shuffle, Country Theme, Mexico '78, Big Theme, Small Theme, Carrera Slow Blues)
    BD 1 - A Venezia - Live in Venice '89
    BD 1 - Live at Knebworth '90
    BD 2 - La Carrera Panamericana (1992 film)

CD 1 - "The Endless River Naked" (TER tracks without Youth production - what was initially supposed to appear on TDB Deluxe Edition)
    CD 2 - "The Big Spliff" (sound collage that was never released and - contrary to some people's belief - unrelated to TER)
    CD 2 - Fractals: The Colours of Infinity (complete tracks that appear on film)
    BD 1 - The Division Bell promo videos (Take it Back, Marooned, High Hopes)
    BD 1 - Fractals: The Colours of Infinity (film)
    BD 1 - The Story (BBC documentary)

CD 1 + 2 - Alternate PULSE (featuring other selections from the tour, including "Soundscape")
    BD 1 - PULSE (Newly restored for Blu-Ray and new 5.1 remix)
    BD 2 - Bootlegging the Bootleggers EXPANDED (Audience footage from TDB tour synched with professional audio recordings)

Now what we need is some really cool names for each volume and this time I want the long lost MASTURB/ATION set to be included! :D

EDIT: I edited the post to join the years 1989 to 1992, due to lack of material. Now the ser features 5 volumes, which I think is close to what we'll get.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    St. Troy, Azza200, RAZORMADE and 17 others like this.
  23. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Well that's pretty much listing everything from that era. :laugh:

24. Big Pasi

Big Pasi Forum Resident

Well... there's still edited versions of at least Learning To Fly and One Slip.
    And... what songs were edited on the single vinyl version of Division Bell?

25. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

I’d buy this in a heartbeat!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.