Woodstock 50 is officially **OFF**!*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Nomadicarchivist, Nov 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

That's great, of course. But I think it would look awkward if they're backing a hologram Jimi.^^

2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

At least one of his bros is sitting on a guitar there.

[​IMG]

Hep Alien and gregorya like this.
  3. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

I call bull on most of these people lip synching (aside from Waters who does). Yes' vox were live everytime I've seeen them, as were Ian Anderson's (painfully so). Journey threw out one singer for lip-synching and got a guy who doesn't need to.

footlooseman likes this.
  4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Roy hologram plays with alive orchestra. Tupac Hologram performed with alive Dr. Dre at Coachella. Upcoming Zappa thing will mix real people with vintage Frank.

5. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

Apparently, although Woodstock first appeared in Charlie Brown a couple of years earlier, Charles Schultz didn't name the character until after the festival, inspired by the bird in the Woodstock logo.

Another interesting fact, originally the character was female but Schultz reassigned the gender to male when he assigned the name...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It all looks so weird IMO.

7. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

You know what would be interesting? Organizing a festival completely equipped with vintage gear!
    Old amplifiers, old microphones, old audio mixing desks, old food wagons etc. Only classic rock bands and fans allowed.
    No access for internet and cellphones in the whole area, and the staff would use walkie-talkies for communication.
    And no sponsors' signs if possible. That would be like time travelling back to the 1970s for the next couple days!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Hep Alien likes this.
  8. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Are they shipping in mud for it?

9. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

No just that usual something rhyming with bug.

10. PeterGriffin

PeterGriffin Forum Resident

Bunch of grumpy old hippies in this thread

MRamble and andrewskyDE like this.
  11. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

I never said that Yes was. I said MOST are. However, they are still ripping people off byy calling themselves YES. Howe can't play at the right tempo anymore and the other 4 have nothing to do with the music they are playing. Why not call this band the Steve Howe band instead? $$$$$$$$ In reality you didn't see Yes in the last few years just a band calling themselves that.

12. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

As I understand it, Caitlin Jenner is the face of the company bringing the mud in and it's all going to be re-cycled through a Kardashian spin-off makeup company for it's restorative properties.

All Down The Line and Fullbug like this.
  13. sixtieswerebest

sixtieswerebest Forum Resident

I'll bet they show footage during breaks.

It's not a hippie event, the hippies grew up and started corporations. Or croaked.

All Down The Line likes this.
  14. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

With all due respect, I don't want to argue semantics, but you mentioned Yes in the same sentence as lip syncing so by association you imply they may lip sync which is not true. If you know they don't lip sync why mention them?

I also will not argue whether I saw the real Yes as the two bands I saw, Howe version or Anderson/Wakeman version, call themselves Yes so that is why I referenced them. By your reasoning, the only real Yes band is the original band that did not include Howe, Wakeman, and White as they joined later.

There are very few classic rock bands that still have the original members so where do you draw the line? Are the Stones not the Stones because they only have 3 original members? Is Deep Purple not Deep Purple? Members come and go so I accept the bands for who they are now and not who they were 40 years ago.

15. sixtieswerebest

sixtieswerebest Forum Resident

They're going to do Altamont 50. J/K

funknik and audiotom like this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Btw what's better? Old hippies or nowaday's hipsters?

17. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

Neither ......:angel: ;).

PeterGriffin and andrewskyDE like this.
  18. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

I am not saying replacements are never a good thing, but if the music they are playing on stage is not music they had anything to do with then they are a cover band...4 of the 5 guys on stage with Howe had nothing to do with the music they play on stage...its your money and time

19. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

Actually when I saw Howe's version of Yes, Chris Squire was still alive and playing, I enjoyed the concert but not as much as the recent Anderson/Rabin. and Wakeman show.

But too each his own. Everyone has different taste.

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

by miles: Old Hippies...Hipsters are wanna be Hippies that fail miserably...

21. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

While it’s nice to see good original Woodstock era musicians such as Crosby, Zombies, Canned Heat, Santana, etc. And, it’s nice to see a little contemporary hip hop such as Chance, Common, etc. However, the embrace of retro copy cat and bad mainstream modern rock such as Imagine Dragons, Greta Van Fleet, Cage the Elephant, etc. is lousy. There’s no Grizzly Bear, Deerhunter, Fleet Foxes, Beach House, Better Oblivion Community Center, Mdou Moctar, Foxygen, Animal Collective, Arcade Fire, etc. The contemporary rock concert director for this is out to lunch.

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Wow, nice lineup.

23. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

Nice to see Rival Sons on the set list. :cool:

Stormrider77 and warewolf95 like this.
  24. BlueTrane

BlueTrane Forum Resident

Actually, Phoebe from BOCC is there as part of Boygenius. I get your point, tho'.

25. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Where's Phish?!

:p

TheDailyBuzzherd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.