Bob Dylan "Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Tour Recordings" (14CD box set; 7th June 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

Is it 4 doubles (the four shown to the right of the box) and 6 single discs?
    Is the ‘fold out’ thing shown at the front a booklet?
    Looks like 1 of those CDs is a rehearsal or something ‘different’.

That would indeed be 14cds.

2. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

So excited for this! When Live 1975 was announced back when, I could hardly contain myself. And now this! (Whatever it might be). And a movie. Absolutely love this tour and all that surrounds it (including my once favorite playwright and still beloved—and now missed—Sam Shepard). I’ve hardly been able to pull myself away from MBMT, especially after just finishing the Heylin book, and here we go again—in the best sense! Can’t wait. (Realize not much substance to this post—just unbridled euphoria and enthusiasm—but feels right for the moment of this first glimpse).

3. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I hope they make more than 99 copies. It would not be fair if I got all 99.

4. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

i saw where this is an ad in the new tour program.

5. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

By the way, thank you @Mbd77 for that image.

Today, Mother's Day, Grandma JoJo received 50 tulips from our son which was surprising exciting enough, and which reminded her that they both attended Cream's farewell concert at the Royal Albert Hall in November 1968; she was seated, he was floating in her amniotic fluid. This just topped it...

I ran a little 3D model of the box in the image using some sprauncy computer-related stuff and my calculation is that no more than 14 CDs will fit inside it. I will not eat my hat if it turns out to be more or fewer because, believe it or not, I'm human.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

7. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

That makes A LOT of sense to me. In which case, this disc (or discs) could be a real treasure.

asdf35 likes this.
  8. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

My Amazon Spain is still showing up, but absolutely no information (other than the 56 euros). Is this listed on any other Amazon site?

9. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

its from the new tour programme, that different looking disc may be the doc itself

10. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

What if that "different" disc isn't a CD but a DVD?

11. WildHoneyPie

WildHoneyPie Here's a autobiographical song for ya

[​IMG]

Found this on twitter (the guy who posted this originally on Instagram posted it in February !)

12. DeeThomaz

Also plausible. But we didn’t get a DVD with the ‘66 box despite a wealth of highly coveted tour footage in the vault. Will that pattern hold?

13. DeeThomaz

February? It’s been out there since February?

MRamble, HominyRhodes and asdf35 like this.
  14. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

Nice find....February!!!! We could've been guessing ourselves into knots this whole time.

DeeThomaz likes this.
  15. WildHoneyPie

I was curious about others reactions to the news and saw this in a thread with a Instagram account of seemingly someone who assembles these boxes posted in February.

HominyRhodes and DeeThomaz like this.
  16. WildHoneyPie

[​IMG]

Sadly the back of the box doesn’t give any show listings ...

17. DeeThomaz

The ticket that’s reproduced on the top is for the 2nd Toronto show. But whether that reflects any of the contents of the box is anybody’s guess. That show doesn’t happen to be one of the five 24-track recorded shows (for what it’s worth).

18. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Thanks to you guys for finding those photos. I'm relieved to see that it will probably be priced for the proletariat.

Can the show listings be far behind?
    :-popcorn:

19. bem

bem Forum Resident

If it is only 14 (and I'm one of those who thought they'd dump everything) what would the 14 maybe 14 plus DVD be or is it 13 plus DVD be?

20. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Beauty! What a beauty! (The box, not you...:))

HominyRhodes and Guy Smiley like this.
  21. LonesomeDayBlues

LonesomeDayBlues Forum Resident

Damn, that looks like a classy set! Bring it on already!!!! I hope the DVD and rehearsal disc speculations are realities. Either way, that box set looks nice and the music will no doubt be amazing.

22. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Agreed. Can’t wait for this. At some point I hope they give the 1974 tour with the Band a similar treatment.

23. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Will Gordon be on this? :)

24. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

25. Dylan! The gift that keeps on giving! Looks like a great set and I’m glad that it’s looking somewhat economical in terms of size and price.

As much as I enjoyed the Live 66 box set, it was tiring towards the end. I love it of course but this set looks to be more accessible. 14 to 16 soundboards with a dvd is perfect. Don’t get me wrong, I’d take a bigger box but if this has the very best quality shows then it’s something I’ll return to in the future.

Thanks to those of you who have shared the pictures. Exciting times yet again!!