Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

My fav RS album. Ordered Saturday - arrived this am. Package in perfect condition. Will no get a chane to listen until weekend.

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Glad to hear it.

Mine was sent in an over-sized bubble envelope, so one corner has some minor dent, which I think will straighten out when I unpack it, and do some careful adjusting.

This thing seems to be yo-yo'ing as it is already back up over $46.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

:yikes: :help: :doh: ...y'all convincing me not to buy vinyl from Amazon.

latheofheaven likes this.
  5. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

You're wealthy Myke, you can handle it! :D

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

A. Far from it. I sure don't have a record store inside my home, as you do.
    B. Anyone with real wealth demands better service, better treatment, not the opposite, so they must return items.

hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  7. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Sounds like you kind of lead a charmed life there my friend...

Sounds like maybe some of us unlucky guys should get together and maybe rough you up!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

aoxomoxoa and Myke like this.
  8. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

aoxomoxoa, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  9. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

aoxomoxoa, hutlock and struttincool like this.
  10. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

A word of caution about the seller VINCERON, the stuff I've received PRIME shipped has been loose shipped in big boxes arriving with corner dings. The stuff he ships directly are returns that he is passing as new or like new. I will not make any more purchases from him.

oldjollymon, Myke and latheofheaven like this.
  11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Don't the horror stories dissuade you. I've gotten LOTS of vinyl from Amazon. The vast majority these days come in quality record mailers (including my most recent order received last week) and most of the remainder come in something like a box with sufficient bubble wrap. I don't recall anything really terrible or - more importantly - a record arriving damaged. And even if it is, you can just return it.

lightbulb and latheofheaven like this.
  12. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Mr. H and hutlock like this.
  13. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

For you old gits who haven't entered the digital age and are still buying old shellac: calm down, my order was for a 2x SACD set!!

:hide:

:winkgrin:

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks for the caution. I'll wait and see how what I purchased is delivered. Mine was marked as "new" and "fulfilled by Amazon." What you described as PRIME shipping can be said for a lot of the LPs I've ordered from Amazon, so I don't think there's anything particular about this seller -- it's just how Amazon fulfills/ships vinyl in my experience. I will certainly be wary of ordering from VINCERON directly, though!

(By the way, I see that the Amazon price for this LP has gone up to around $24. Still less than directly from VMP, but perhaps a safer bet and likely better packaging.)

Craig.

15. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

I read that $24.99 listing, collectible - acceptable with major water damage but the vinyl is mint, lol. I ordered about a dozen items from him and the trend is what I observed. I guess I'm used to seeing the Frustration-Free boxes inside a larger box or shipped alone in the Frustration-Free packaging. The beauty is that you are receiving from Amazon and if there are issues you'll have hassle free returns, and it's just time wasted. I had to deal with the seller directly for my return and he's not pleasant at all.

oldjollymon likes this.
  16. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Yikes, I didn't look very closely. I only glanced and saw the $24.99 price and assumed it was for "new." Turns out that "new," fulfilled by Amazon is now up to $32+. Which is no advantage at all if you have a VMP subscription and can order directly from them for $29! It seems that the $19.99 sale for "new," fulfilled by Amazon, is no longer available.

Matt I likes this.
  17. aoxomoxoa

My copy of the Donald Byrd album was in perfect condition. I received at the other day and paid 20 bucks for it. I will add that I bought from that seller before and have had no problems

latheofheaven and Rekkerds like this.
  18. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

Mine was also sent in bubble wrap envelope. Sounds like it survived the trip a little better than yours.

19. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Curtis Mayfield Box Set arrived and packed pretty much the same as the Kinks Village Green Box. Glad Amazon got it together, finally.

20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

awesome.

latheofheaven likes this.
  21. How does that one sound? Digitally sourced I presume?

22. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Was it loose in a big box?

23. aoxomoxoa

No it was packed with air bubbles

latheofheaven and Matt I like this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

I have no idea what the source is but all the pressings I've gotten from VMP are good.

latheofheaven and Guitarded like this.
  25. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ditto. I only have a few but they are very well done across the board.