The last TV shows(s) you watched...

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by progrocker71, Feb 7, 2013.

1. George P

George P Notable Member

2. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The Brady Bunch

Jimmy B. likes this.
  3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Luther S01

LilacTeardrop, brownie61 and Hawkeye like this.
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Mmmmmmmmmm, Ruth Wilson. :drool:

jlocke08 and Scope J like this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Just finished Season Two of Star Trek: Discovery last night. A little too predictable slam-banging, pushing the needle more towards lackluster, just to re-set the stage for Season 3. This is Star Trek, for crying out loud...you have to show the viewers something they hadn't already plotted out in their own heads! You can't just go into it like fans are not already thinking three steps ahead of you, and believing you're doing a good job!

FWIW, I really like the freshness in this franchise, even if it makes the average trekker crazy.

Gonna rip through the rest of Counterpart Series Two with J.K. Simmons tonight; saw the episode that flashed back to set up the whole series last week, and can't wait!

jlocke08 likes this.
  6. MHS3

MHS3 "Long Live Rock'n'Roll"

Happy Days
    All in the family
    Man With A Plan

Jimmy B. likes this.
  7. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Star Trek. Season 2 Finale.

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I decided to get the Lost set and am now on season 3. I don't love it but the theme of faith vs science is keeping me watching for now. Some things I wish were changed: the filming is very claustrophobic. I understand this is probably necessary in the hatch, and underground sets but come on--you've got wonderful island scenery and sets; why zoom in so tight on the characters' faces. You can't even see their body language or hands in many extended sequences. It's annoying. Also the blatant audience manipulation with what they show in some characters' actions that is then directly controverted in the backstory sequences is getting old.

My patience is already wearing thin with the whole mythology and lore themes. They just killed off Eko after spending the end of season 1 and much of season 2 developing him. Why? There appears to be no logic to it, as opposed to top tier shows like Wire or Sopranos where there were compelling reasons why characters died. Really obnoxious. My patience will not last if they continue to ask the audience to indulge in certain characters or backstories if it doesn't go anywhere important.

9. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Some Looney Tunes on Boomerang lol.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  10. George P

George P Notable Member

11. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

I binge watched several hours of "What's My Line" on You Tube.
    I mostly FF to the Guest Celebrity portion of each show.

12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Game Of Thrones

Tokyo Ghost likes this.
  13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

New Amsterdam.

Getting caught up.

LilacTeardrop and Splungeworthy like this.
  14. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Robert Redford's The West (2016)
    Finding Joy
    The Chase
    Mastermind Australia.
    Project: Blue Book

15. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Gentleman Jim - surprised there isn't a thread about this one yet. Only one episode in and it's a very high quality project. The lead actor is a force of nature, chk it out on HBO!

16. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

Mindhunter

jlocke08 likes this.
  17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Rawhide...

18. greenscreened

greenscreened Forum Resident

It's Garry Shandling's Show - Home Sweet Home

George P likes this.
  19. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I just finished watching the series finale of a show I've mentioned here and elsewhere, You're The Worst. It was, without a doubt, one of the best finales for a comedy show, hell, any show I've seen. It was brilliantly structured, touching, hilarious, and very true to the character arcs that developed over 5 years. This was not a well watched show, as most of the ones I watch tend to be, and it probably won't stand out when we look back on this era of "Peak TV" (although it absolutely should), but for those of us who stuck with it to the end it is a joy I will miss greatly. And be forewarned-Aya Cash will be a force to be reckoned with.

Mylene likes this.
  20. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

Watching the second film in the Swedish TV crime series The Fjällbacka Murders (2013): The Sea Gives, The Sea Takes, adapted from the novel by Camilla Läckberg.
    Love a bit of Nordic Noir!

21. Vinyl is final

Vinyl is final Not Insane - I have a sense of humor

My daughter said I simply MUST watch OA. I got halfway through the third episode and nixed it. It might make a nice movie, but not a gillion episodes moving on at a snail's pace.

It looked like it was going to be good, but it just became a prisoner/escape movie. I have better things to do with my time.

22. Eyedok

Eyedok Forum Resident

My favorite after dinner shows are Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds and Law & Order SVU.

23. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

Bosch Season 5. Highly recommended.

Kamaaina1 likes this.
  24. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I'm on Amazon Prime watching the Tick (old series) and the Tick (new series).

25. Girlpower

Girlpower Senior Member

I love BB and particularly Law & Order SVU. I just can't believe they're in their 20th season. Crossing my fingers for a few more.