2019 AXPONA Show Report

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by -=Rudy=-, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IGD Positive

IGD Positive Forum Resident

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

3. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

AVShowrooms report on their favourite rooms.

Chris C and Art K like this.
  4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

At the 11:50 spot, they start to talk about Klaus and Odyssey Speakers. Who has heard these speakers, as they sound like they must be fantastic (at least to these three). By the way, I love the overwhelming passion, when that guy in the middle goes crazy when one of the other ones mentions a product that he loves! Makes me happy that they all seem to like the Audio Note UK products, as I'm about to audition them.

5. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

The highlights of the show, well..... oldcuster at least :thumbsup:

Kyhl likes this.
  6. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident

7. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

Thanks for the posts here. I attended on day one. Winners for me were the PS Audio room. The new speakers and their electronics sounded superb in such a large room. Kudos on their room design and layout. (I still love that little Sprout100 too!) I believe the system source was Qobuz, as were many systems throughout the show. Also regarding Legacy the photo you posted shows a pair of floor standers and a pair of stand mounted speakers. I couldn't believe the sound coming from the smaller stand mounted versions. Stellar!

displayname likes this.
  8. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Just not sure what he could be talking about? Speaker cone feather duster included.:laugh:

9. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Rudy, Thank you so much. I went to AXPONA 2018 and loved it, could not make it this year, hope to make it next year.

-=Rudy=- likes this.
  10. UCrazyKid

UCrazyKid Grand Puba of Funk

Great review of the show! I attended it as well but I don't think I saw nearly as much as you! Great pictures.

rem 600 likes this.
  11. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff Thread Starter

Looking back, I really didn't visit as many rooms as I have in years past--I found I got more out of the show by taking it at a relaxed pace, spending more time in fewer rooms. It is tempting to want to visit all the rooms to catch everything new, but I figure the rest of the audiophile press covers that.

Shawn likes this.
  12. -=Rudy=-

Having heard the Hana cartridges at two shows now, I could say it's a contender. It has a musical sound that isn't at all harsh or bright--very nicely balanced. The elliptical versions (EH and EL, high and low output moving coils respectively) start at $475, I believe. Shibata and Microline versions are also available for more dinero. But there are many good ones out there that would probably pair nicely with the unipivot arm that Mike Moffat designed for this rig.

13. -=Rudy=-

Sorry I missed this! But thankfully you got the correct answer earlier. (I don't visit here often--too busy on work, life, and doing work behind the scenes here as well.) The Joseph Audio room always sounds good, and he often uses the reel deck to demo his speakers. A visitor brought in a reel of a well-recorded live performance which was a treat to hear over that system.

Fremer sometimes uses a GoPro, or goes handheld. I know. What I wouldn't give for a Steadicam. I'd love to do video myself, but won't do it for that reason, plus I can't stand the sound of my own voice. :laugh:

Chris C likes this.
  14. DonC

DonC Forum Resident

It’s so rare that I’m quoted in print. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.