Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

I doubt. They never sold the early singles from Shine on box, and that was much more important. They seem to like to make hard for us to get their music.

2. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

I looked into reordering it but it wasn’t available anymore on the site. I sent an email to the person I’d talked to about cancelling the order to see if they actually had it in stock or not. I suspect they may never have actually had it in stock to begin with and that is the reason they sent me the wrong set (wouldn’t be the first time I’ve ordered stuff from this site that was listed as available only to get an email a week later that they didn’t actually have it in stock). And no, the 9 season Little House on the Prairie box set was probably not the same price as the Pink Floyd box... at least I hope not! I already sent it back.

Depending on what I end up hearing back from the rep I’ll either reorder it or wait a week or two to see how I feel then and order it somewhere else.

3. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

:idea: Why just get people to buy our stuff that they don’t have yet when we can get people to rebuy all of our stuff that they already have too!

I hope whoever first thought of this got a big promotion.

Luisboa likes this.
  4. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

It is a bonus disc. Stuff on it has a lower quality which they do not want to release separately. At least, that's the official story.

5. spondres

spondres Forum Resident

Mind you, the synchronization between s04e07 of LHOTP and the quad version of AHM is truly uncanny, especially late at night.

6. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

I received an automated email from them (importcds) this morning saying that they were unable to fill the original order which most likely means it wasn’t really in stock when I placed my order to begin with (despite that the “add to cart” button wasn’t replaced with a “backorder” button). This is the third time I’ve ordered something from them and had this happen. It’s okay though, if I still feel like I’m needing the box after a week or so I’ll find somewhere else (hopefully for not too much money).

7. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

And the quality could have been so much better for the BBC stuff. The bootlegs are much, much better, which is astounding. And the songs on the box segue in a bad way. Vegetable Man is missing the start! The alternate Arnold Layne clip is fantastic though, could have graced the Cambridge St/ation set. I prefer it to the more common version.

Kalli likes this.
  8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Un
    Unfortunately, Amazon-UK has the price way up to £370+ now for the Box Set. I almost bought it a few years ago in March for only £218, as with VAT Removal and even shipped, the price came out to around $245. Just as I wanted to check my credit card if they would match a future price reduction even lower, a few hours later the price jumped all the way up to £350+ IIRC. I just bought the Individual 6 Box Sets in the following months and cost about $240 total with Amazon-US prices at the time. I have seen the price on Amazon-UK the past year as low as £300, so you might want to wait and see if it drops again closer to that price or check EBay.

dzhason likes this.
  9. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

There's a thread specifically dedicated to non-content related posts like prices, shipping, etc.

Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Jerry Horne and Kalli like this.
  10. xTraPlaylists

xTraPlaylists I bring order to chaos.

11. AWESOM-O

AWESOM-O Forum Resident

Kalli and rontoon like this.
  12. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

I got an email from MD about a 15% off spring flash sale just now so I snagged a box from them and, due to the free shipping, ended up getting it for less than it was supposed to have been through importcds after shipping. Sorry for mentioning the shipping stuff here, I’ll update the other thread with more info about that... now for content related stuff...

Super stoked to dig into this when it comes, I think I’m going to start with the 7” singles as streaming the few songs from the singles that appear on Relics is what prompted my interest in the box initially.

I think I might actually have to get off my bum and finally set up my rear channel speakers that I’ve been putting of doing for a couple of years now so I can do some multi-channel “Echoes” and “Atom Heart Mother”. I downloaded the pdf list of the box’s content from the start of this thread, and see what all multichannel options still remain in the box. Bummed that Meddle was removed from the menu as I’m not wont to try to extract the files from the disc and listen that way, but for Meddle I may have to bite the bullet and see if I can figure out how to do it.

JulesRules and Runicen like this.
  13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

14. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

I've forgotten but were the files for a multi-channel Obscured By Clouds hidden in the original box, or was it only Meddle?

15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Forum Resident

Finally watched some of the 1970 footage today. I had forgotten how good Dave's vocals were on Grantchester Meadows, such a good version.

Also really enjoyed the AHM footage from Hyde Park, a pretty raw version sonically but quite involving. I noticed as our one cameraman scanned the crowd that there was another pro cameraman filming out front. Who was he working for? Who filmed the main footage anyway?

16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Only Meddle.

bobcat likes this.
  17. dzhason

dzhason Forum Resident

Oh man, I’m getting amped for this. The video footage I previewed the other day of them rehearsing “Cymbeline” and performing “AHM”, plus the live audio on the first set (sorry I don’t recall all the titles of the various volumes) from Stockholm and John Latham, was really killing!!!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Biscuit1970 likes this.
  18. central616

central616 Forum Resident

Why the didn't include Country Song on the box? The mix on the 1997 bonus CD is pretty awful...

19. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Importcds once sent me a “new” copy of Vol. 1 of the Neil Young Archives. The wrapping was opened and it was missing a few discs. That was a first for me. Got a significant discount.

dzhason likes this.
  20. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

I posted this in another thread but might be better here:

Do all the CDs on the Early Years box require de-emphasis filtering? Do they all sound very bright?

I tried it with the remixes of Obscured by Clouds, Meddle and Live at Pompeii CDs and got good results.

21. Sorry if the has been asked, I didn’t see it. How much of the slated Euro release ‘Transmission 1967-1968’ is duplicated material from the official earl years box?

22. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

All of it. And it's a bootleg.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  23. duneman

duneman Forum Resident

Wow - its available on Burning Shed, but I guess that's no guarantee.

24. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

If it's not released on Pink Floyd Records it's not an official release. Copyright loophole if Burning Shed is selling it.

After reviewing the track listing one can assume that the audio was ripped from the CDs and DVDs from The Early Years box.

I would never support something like this.

Zongadude, mozz, andrewskyDE and 2 others like this.
  25. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

I ordered the copy on Burning Shed with the hope that this could be the one where they *fix* the issues with the Early Years box, but as soon as I saw rontoon's post I asked for a refund.

Rooster_Ties likes this.