Are there other record stores with sites like Bull Moose and Silver Platters?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Bill Mac, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

The online inventories (new and used) of Bull Moose and Silver Platters are normally up to date and easy to search for specific titles. So are there any other record stores with sites like Bull Moose and Silver Platters? Thanks in advance :)!

Bull Moose
    Silver Platters

2. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Dusty Groove in Chicago

panasoffkee and Bill Mac like this.
  3. Bill Mac likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I’d never heard of Silver Platters until seeing your post, but one thing that caught my attention is that they are using the same software platform, which would account for the similarities.

If I recall, the Bull Moose team developed this system, so they’re perhaps licensing it out as another revenue stream.

Bill Mac likes this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions and thoughts on Silver Platters software :)! I check Dusty Groove often but had not heard of Siren Records. The Silver Platters' website is almost a mirror image of the Bull Moose site. I did not realize that the Bull Moose team developed the software system. Thanks again!

cdash99 likes this.
  6. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

7. jcure

jcure Forum Resident

8. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

I love Silver Platters. I was inSeattle and found tons of stuff at great prices that I haven’t been able to find in Vegas and I also do phone orders with them .. great stuff. Amoeba does phone orders as well but not everything is on their site .. FWIW

Blair G. likes this.
  9. bresna

bresna Senior Member

I've been using Euclid Records for a long time but I will add that I have had a few items that I ordered get sold locally before they could pull it off the shelf for me. Ditto Dusty Groove.

10. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Can anyone recommend a good online record store that can be trusted for quality vinyl?

I don't use vinyl myself anymore, but I'm looking for a new (must be new) copy of the gold vinyl edition of Stevie Nicks' Bella Donna for my daughter, which we bought once through Amazon, but (despite appearing to be sealed and new) had multiple scratches and mucho skipping.

I don't mind spending a bit more to know it comes from a place that takes quality seriously.

11. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

12. St. Troy

St. Troy Still superior.

Thanks!

13. purevinyl

purevinyl Forum Resident

:thumbsup:

14. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I've bought from Silver Platters store on discogs three times since March. Never bought from them before. Good store. All records were packed well and as described.

George P likes this.
  15. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I have used these two (they are actual record stores) as well sometimes for RSD stuff and they have always packed well but can be a bit pricey on the regular stuff available elsewhere:

Port of Sound Records Vinyl Records

Graywhale --> they use the same software as BullMoose

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.