Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

It's good. But any extensive Van Morrison compilation that omits Wonderful Remark has made at least one mistake.

mrjinks and hutlock like this.
  2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

True, but every Van fan is going to have a favorite missing. That’s the nature of his catalog.

That said Wonderful Remark is a great track.

lightbulb, noname74 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Maybe too cheap? :shh:

Thanks for the link. :)

puffyrock2 likes this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

looks like lots took advantage of the price drop too. now 1-2 months out for shipping!

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  5. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

6. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Stones in mono box (15 cd) for $96

8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

9. Tom M

Tom M Forum Resident

10. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

11. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

12. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

latheofheaven likes this.
  14. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

The J Geils cd went up to 30 bucks. They have an Amazon fullfillment warehouse cd of the Rolling Stones Mono box for 84 bucks. But, don't quite get the condition description. Says something like comes without a box. Which seems kind of shifty to me. But, i emailed them for specifics about the condition. Boots of this for 30 bucks on ebay. The vinyl is way pricey for the Rolling Stones mono.

I bought the Bowie Space Oddity, Amy Winehouse Back to Black and a Lana Del Ray because of the tips listed before. Thanks all. I have to stop and pass up this stuff but half price so i jumped on it. Don't think i'll do the mono box spent too much lately.

I didn't get the j geils, too late. I forgot to mention i purchased Tools first album ep called Opiate too. 7 bucks. And Misfits ep Die Die My Darling 7 bucks also. I've become obsessed with the band Dead Moon got one of their lps for 15 bucks and Danzigs newest Black Laden Crown on a picture disc for 16 bucks. Looked cool in a customer photo, not big on picture discs but i don't have this album. At the same time i got the Ella and Louis Cheek to Cheek complete duets 4 cd set for 31 bucks. Too much stuff.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    latheofheaven and ad180 like this.
  15. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

I have Opiate. It is a very good pressing / mastering. Not QUITE as good as believe it or not the 2LP picture disc of Laterallus, but quite good, especially for the price!

Greenalishi likes this.
  16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

17. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

Your comment about the Rolling Stones reminds me of a similar order I placed with similar comments. Apparently without a box (in my case) meant that it was originally shipped without a box and the purchaser gave that as a reason. I received it in a box in great shape with shipping stickers placed on the outer shrink wrap. I got a huge discount for a hard to get box set.

Greenalishi and JasonA like this.
  18. Kurt RUhlin

Kurt RUhlin Forum Resident

19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

What's wrong with Lawrence Welk? :hide:

Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  20. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

The EU and US press are different for this Rhino re-issue. The EU one does not have an embossed cover and the vinyl is cut by some random mastering engineer. The US one has an embossed cover and is cut by Chris Bellman.

Which version is this one?

floyd, Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Searching the UPC code from the US Bellman version into Amazon brings up this copy.

22. Marko K and Greenalishi like this.
  23. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Yes, and it's listed as being from 2009, suggesting it is indeed the US Bellman. But it is also listed on Amazon as being an "import".

I worked the other way, and used the Amazon ASIN # to find the corresponding UPC, then entered that into discogs. That brings up both the US 2009 issue, and the 2013 EU issue as having the same UPC.

In short, it's unclear which version Amazon is selling. The fact that it's listed as the 2009 version, and is Amazon USA offering it would indicate it's the Bellman. But I wouldn't bet my life on it..

24. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

It also matches the EU version, which has a different mastering but the same UPC. Since both this title and the Mitchell are listed as "imports", I think there's a good chance neither is the CB mastering. Hope I'm wrong!