Issue with ImportCDs order via eBay. What would you do?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Strat-Mangler, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

I ran into an issue with ImportCDs via eBay. Unfortunately, they are ignoring my messages.

Is there a phone number I can use to call them?

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Is it a non-delivery issue or a condition not as described issue?

I had a non delivery issue with either them or an ImportCD like seller on eBay years ago. They didn't respond to messages either so in the end I just filed an item not received claim on eBay. I knew I had a 30 day limit so I didn't let it drag too long. I think you're best option might be to start a claim on eBay to deal with the issue.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  3. Strat-Mangler

I wanted to correct my title but got sidetracked and missed out in doing so. Apologies to all for the vague OP.

It's a very complicated issue. A real shame they're doing this. Guess I'll need to escalate via eBay. Thanks! :)

4. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Agree with eddie - if it's through eBay, just file a claim with eBay and be done with it. Makes any complicated situation simple.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I know how you feel...didn't get a chance to correct my you're/your mistake either :)

Good luck. Should be fine though.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

855-258-9650 - number I use for purchases from their site.

7. Strat-Mangler

The issue has thankfully been resolved.

Short version of the story is that I ordered a Led Zeppelin title and discovered a few hours later that some versions of that pressing have distortion in one song. The matrix info can show the difference but is the only way to know and since ImportCD sells new LPs, I couldn't have them open a random one to check.

Nevertheless, when asking to cancel that order, I was told it was too late in processing and couldn't be preventing from shipping out. The rep sent me a link with some instructions on how to return it without creating a PayPal dispute which I followed to the letter. Ended up with a receipt and another piece of paper, stamped from the USPS.

I informed them I sent it back. No sign of life. For 3 weeks, I requested acknowledgement they received it and a refund but it was total radio silence. Eventually, I decided to do a PayPal return in the hopes it'd get their attention. They finally refunded my money.

It was a frustrating experience but I'll still order from them. If it ever happens that I need to return something, I'll be damn sure to use the PayPal dispute approach as following their instructions clearly did not result in any taken action. But all's well that ends well.

Dave likes this.
  8. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

I don't know how you returned the item, but always use tracking and then you can sign up for tracking notifications via email. You'll learn that way if there are any delays/problems and also when the package is delivered. Then you don't need to actually rely on them to tell you they received it -- you have tracking proof.

9. Strat-Mangler

Their prepaid return label didn't provide a tracking number.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i've had this exact experience as have a couple friends. they are a maddening company to work with, but at least in the end things have always been resolved. glad it "worked out" for you too.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.