Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

I love the whole formula Conrad Thompson uses in all his podcasts... Prichard (Something to Wrestle With), Schiavone (What Happened When), Bischoff (83 Weeks) and now with Jim Ross (Grilling JR).
    I also enjoyed Conrad when he appeared as a guest on one of Taz's latest podcasts to discuss the upcoming Starrcast II in Vega$.

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'd love some 3 DVD sets of AWA and WCCW materials. The current sets don't even scratch the surface.

Mr. H, MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yeah, good stuff although I don't listen to Tony as much as I would like because I don't have WWE Network and can't watch along as they watch old PPV's. Not as interesting when you can't see what is going on.

4. jmobrien68

I love when Conrad calls Bruce out on his BS and his Vince/Triple H ass kissing.
    Conrad makes his money in the mortgage business... although he's got his feet in the pool now, he is beholden to no one in the wrestling world (except maybe his father-in-law -lol- ) unlike Bruce who is back to being Vince's paid yes-man.

MikeInFla likes this.
  5. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

You probably won't get any 3 disc sets anymore given their focus is on the WWE Network and not their DVD business anymore. You would be better off subscribing to the WWE Network if you wanted to watch old stuff like that. There is a pretty decent amount of World Class content on there.
    I wouldn't be shocked if it came out his entire reason for doing the show was to just get back into the fold at WWE.

905, MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. MikeInFla

I really enjoyed the episode of Dark Side tonight that covered the mysterious death of Gino Hernandez. I've said in this thread before that in the 80's I was a WWF snob. I didn't watch anything else so all of WCCW, AWA, etc is somewhat new to me over the past 5 years. I really wish I would've paid more attention to other territories in the 80's. From what I saw Gino was the perfect heel and I can only wonder what else he would've done had he lived. This is turning out to be an excellent series, I sure hope they do a Season 2. I read where they have an episode 75% done on Dino Bravo and if there is a Season 2 it will be the first episode.

JamieC likes this.
  7. MikeInFla

8. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

Stormrider77 likes this.
  9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

There's a certain irony in TNT WANTING a wrestling show all these years after they were so desperate to get rid of one.

MikeInFla and 905 like this.
  10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

It was AOL/Time/Warner that was uninterested in WCW. Wrestling and the Braves made TBS on cable.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. RayS

Yes, obviously the players have all changed since the WCW sale, but if Time Warner continues to provide the time slot(s), WCW draws a real price and Time Warner doesn’t have to eat all those contracts. They were so eager to disassociate themselves from the industry that they burned money left and right.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. MikeInFla

Ric Flair was rushed to a hospital Thursday morning after suffering a medical emergency, TMZ Sports has learned.

We're told Flair was in the Atlanta area when something went wrong. The 70-year-old WWE legend was initially taken to the emergency room to be treated.

The specifics are unclear at this point -- but we're told the situation is "very serious."

We reached out to Ric's camp for comment -- so far, no word back.

EDIT:
    UPDATE: Well, that’s a relief. PWInsider reports that during a conference call to promote Starrcast, Ric Flair’s son-in-law Conrad Thompson said that Flair had a scheduled surgery today and it’s not nearly as serious as TMZ made it out to be. Flair’s family appreciates the concern, but the surgery was one that Flair needed. He made the decision to have it before his trip to Las Vegas instead of waiting until after the trip. He wouldn’t give any more details as he wanted to leave that up to Flair and his wife.

Original: TMZ reports that Ric Flair was rushed to a hospital this morning after suffering what was described as a ‘very serious’ medical emergency. He was in the Atlanta area when something went wrong and he was taken to the emergency room. The exact details are said to be unknown at this time and those close to Flair have yet to provide an update.

Flair had a medical scare two years ago. He was placed in a medically induced coma for eleven days after his intestine ruptured. He was in critical condition at that time and almost died. He healed and then married girlfriend Wendy Barlow, who stayed with him through his recovery.

411 wishes the Nature Boy a speedy recovery and send our thoughts and prayers to his family, friends and fans.

Dugan and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Matthew Tate

goldberg will be wrestling the undertaker on june 7th :yikes:

14. jmobrien68

Oh yeah! Well Triple H will be wrestling Randy Orton on june 7th as well :yikes::yikes:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Matthew Tate

yup good stuff

16. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Because you know, We totally needed to see that match again.

MikeInFla likes this.
  17. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Thinking of Goldberg, I would be nervous walking into Jeddah as a Jewish man, observant or not.

Dugan likes this.
  18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

He has nothing to worry about. As long as Iran is a current and direct enemy of both of them it’s a “the enemy of my enemy is my friend” situation.

19. Matthew Tate

i was having a discussion with 3 of my friends and talking about the greatest in ring performer and 3 of us agreed its probably HBK but the other guy said he's overrated as hell and not even top 10 o_O

20. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

No where near my top ten. Quit way too often and bought his own hype. Better than most in the ring when he was on. Stunk out the joint when he didn't care.

21. Matthew Tate

i honestly like to see your top 10 then. HBK won PWI match of the year 11 times. the next closest person is less than 1/2 of that.

22. RayS

I think I've seen every single PPV (with some fast forwarding, admittedly) since I laid down my first $9.99 on Day 1 of "The Network". I am tempted to just skip this one entirely. The last event left a really bad taste in my mouth. Maybe there's a show house the same night with John Cena, Daniel Bryan, the female "superstars" and Sami Zayn that I could go see.

23. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Just heard that Ashley Massaro committed suicide. Dear God!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Matthew Tate

yup it was hinted at by a few wrestlers when she passed but no one would flat out say it

25. Matthew Tate

here are my top 20 in ring performers all time

1 HBK
    2 ric flair
    3 bret hart
    4 undertaker
    5 ricky steamboat
    6 Christopher daniels
    7 mr perfect
    8 HHH
    9 sting