Chris Robinson's new Black Crowes project

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cable hogue, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeffHunt

JeffHunt Stray Cat Strutting

And I'm a Stones fan as well. Excuse me for not knowing every single facet of their history.

And I'm not a big Zeppelin fan. And I did not realize until last night that "Boogie With Stu" was a reference to Ian Stewart. Nor do I have the boxed set, nor have I read that book.

Excuse me for not being worthy enough to bask in your glow.

The Beave likes this.
  2. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

Some of us just care more than others, Jeffrey. Some of us just care more than others. Ian Stewart plays a rather large part in the formation and continuation of Stones history, I just assumed EVERYONE knew about Ian Stewart.

Especially some big time DJ. I realize he didn't play on Luke Bryan records, but come on man, brush up on the real stuff sometime.

And don't act all butthurt, you know how I am, especially about the Stones.

The Beave likes this.
  3. Former Lee Warmer

That's one word for Hagar...

jmorton likes this.
  4. jmorton

jmorton Forum Resident

I usually love reunion speculation but Hagar’s version is very ... nihilistic. The whole “everything is horrible but it’s happening” angle of rumors is unique to him tbh.

5. Former Lee Warmer

I'm going to reserve comment.

Dude is like Beetle Juice; if we say his name too much, he may appear.

6. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Jackie and CR are currently onstage with Bob Weir.

7. SundaySound

SundaySound Well-Known Member

That was completely unexpected! I cannot believe how good ATCF sounded - soooo much better than v 1.0... I really wasn’t sure CR had it in him like that anymore. Nice to hear him sound so alive :wiggle:

8. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

There was a comment earlier about Hogg singing Crowes songs better than CR nowadays that I didn't really agree with and this hammers it home for me - we've all had a dig at him on here over the past few days (justifiably so imo), but man, when he's on stage he's incomparable

All the lineup talk as well, it turns out I'm quite happy just to hear him singing those songs again. Damn, I think I'm an ATCF fan!

9. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

High Head Blues was great from him, really good

Former Lee Warmer likes this.
  10. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I just hope that if any of the 2020 rumours are true, that they manage to reboot the proposed anthology that Gorman referenced in a podcast. Can’t find the link, but he mentioned it’d feature a lot of unreleased tracks and was originally being planned to coincide with the 25th anniversary.

highway chile and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

That's the real dream, open the vaults!

12. Sully79

Sully79 Forum Resident

To add to that, during Wiser Time I thought I could really see him slotting into CRB - I think there's life in that old dog yet

Former Lee Warmer likes this.
  13. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

He (Joel Robinow) is rumoured to be Adam’s replacement.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Former Lee Warmer and Sully79 like this.
  14. Robamorican

Robamorican Forum Resident

I missed it last night. Wasted my time watching hockey.

Glad Chris sounded good. I hope he can form a new band for the CRB fans and kill it.

I also hope Magpie releases a killer album and doesn't look back.

15. jmorton

jmorton Forum Resident

This is my hope as well. Hope Magpie tries to get on some Festival bills like Chris does. Raises your profile.

Chris didn’t sound “good” to me so much as he sounded full of energy. If that makes sense. Like he was trying harder this time

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. jmorton

jmorton Forum Resident

This is something everyone can agree on. It’s a shame that the only two “official” (live) versions of Title Song don’t feature Marc Ford. Need to break open those vaults.

17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think he did sound good, but you're right that he also sounded full of energy. Maybe relieved that whatever has been going on behind the scenes is out there and mostly done with, so he was loose and having fun.

Vinyl_Blues and Sully79 like this.
  18. cable hogue

cable hogue Forum Resident Thread Starter

Same. Tells me all I need to know about whatever went down between Chris and Adam. Would've made perfect sense to do a final bow together, with CATS also on the bill.

19. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I remember when CR fell out with Alan Forbes and lots of people on Instagram piled on, included the Gormans. Rose Gorman (wife?) said something to the effect of CR tramples over everybody. Sad really.

But it's all about the music (except with As The Crow Flies)...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident

I don’t understand why everyone is claiming that ATCF is a cash grab. CR is playing tiny venues and the tickets are $25 to $30. Hardly a cash grab.

Additionally, he seems to genuinely be enjoying himself on stage. I don’t see it, sorry.

Vinyl_Blues, budwhite, Quincy and 2 others like this.
  21. jmorton

jmorton Forum Resident

No one is saying (as far as I know) that ATCF is a cash grab. A Crowes “reunion” with a bunch of session guys and no Gorman would be a cash grab. The criticism of ATCF is C-Rob calling Magpie Black Crowes cover band and then forming one himself. It’s not a cash grab it’s just hypocritical

22. Former Lee Warmer

The only official versions of "Exit" have Luther on guitar...

23. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

What was the line-up yesterday other than Jackie Greene and Chris?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. veon

veon Forum Resident

Absolutely criminal

25. TSWisla

TSWisla Forum Resident

It has been repeated over and over. Just look at the post above mine!! Too much hating on CR!

Hypocritical I’m fine with. Cash grab I can not accept!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.