Spider-Man: Far From Home

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BeatleJWOL, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member Thread Starter

And, we have a trailer. No real Avengers: Endgame spoilers in this one, although people are digging!

This looks incredible. I can't wait!

2. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

SJ plays a great Nick.
    And Mysterio! I've been waiting patiently for him to show--in this era of CGI, he was a sure fire villian

3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

But I thought he died in Tony Stark's arms!??!

I didnt appeciate the rough language at the end of trailer.

Karnak likes this.
  4. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Yes, very excited for this one. I really loved the first one and I'm excited to revisit the characters. While I have a soft spot for the Tobey Maguire films as I grew up with them, Tom Holland is excellent as Spidey and I love the vibe and world of his films. Also: Jake Gyllenhaal is such a great actor and I am really looking forward to seeing him. I believe Tom Holland stated before this casting that the actor he most wanted to work with was Gyllenhaal, so he must have been thrilled.

I think I'm going to skip Captain Marvel as it doesn't interest me at all (though I will read the summary on Wiki, in case there are any details I need going into Endgame) but I am stoked for Endgame and Far from Home.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Zoot Marimba likes this.
  5. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

You’ve never read a comic book, have you?

scobb, Walt, SandAndGlass and 4 others like this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Kev 'cheer-leads'.....as usual!

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  7. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Interestingly, the international version of the trailer has "loser" dubbed in at that moment.

BeatleJWOL and Daniel Plainview like this.
  8. BeatleJWOL

I don't know anyone so hype for Mysterio.

vince likes this.
  9. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The original Mysterioso's ONLY saving grace was the amazing Steve Ditko costume. This d-lister rated right up there with the Ringmaster and Paste-pot Pete! As far as the man-child Kevin Smith goes, imagine if Sean Penn was still playing 'Spicoli', ridiculous, right? It's exactly what this guys doing, still cashing in on a fake persona that's WAY past it's sell-by date. And what's up with his absurd crying at these superhero flicks. Can't imagine how his daughter feels being named after a comicbook villain (Harley), dude's such a tool!

10. BeatleJWOL

That's a lot of reaching.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm ready...love Spidey...
    \[​IMG]

12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Something tells me @The Zodiac has read more than his fair share.

Daniel Plainview likes this.
  13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Whoa... major spoiler trailer released today. Do not -- I repeat -- do not watch this if you have not yet seen Avengers: Endgame. I'm warnin' you...

[​IMG]

14. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Cool. I'm glad he's not wearing that other over-the-top techno suit all the way through. Obviously after the recent epics it's hard to come down in tone, but I'd still prefer a more down-to-earth Spider-Man doing smaller stuff in NYC in his solo movies.

15. MHS3

MHS3 "Long Live Rock'n'Roll"

Looks great ,not to sure about Aunt May knowingPete is S-M, anyway i will be there.

16. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Oh look, Mysterioso's shooting light beam stuff, and his are green! So different from the Witches red stuff or Capt. Marvels yellow stuff!;)

17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Since he got that suit from a certain inventive genius who may not be around to maintain it anymore (let's just say the warranty is void), it's possible Spiderman will have to go back to the old suit before too much longer.

They actually established this in a previous movie, but that was another set of actors / writers / directors and another time.

SandAndGlass and MHS3 like this.
  18. BeatleJWOL

A final scene in Spider-Man Homecoming showed Marisa Tomei's Aunt May walking in on Peter with his...

... mask off.

Vidiot likes this.
  19. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

Multiverse!

And thus beginneth the method of future integration of X-Men and Fantastic Four characters into the MCU...

Vidiot likes this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Who can remember? I have too many Spidermans in my brain as it is. But it makes sense that this character would know the truth. In fact, I think at one point there's like a dozen people who know (and that doesn't even include all the people on the train that Peter Parker saved).

21. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Bring in Cap and Iron Man from Earth 982! Avengers Assemble... sorta...

melstapler and trumpet sounds like this.
  22. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

The MCU hasn’t bothered with the tiresome trope of secret identities until Spider-Man... it does make sense for him not to be known to the whole world, because he’s still trying to live a regular life and go to school, but I think it’s good they aren’t wasting time on scenes where he’s lying to Aunt May... though I suppose there will be some of that stuff with the students and teachers on the school trip.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  23. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

who is the other character ?

24. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think the first time Marvel did this was with the Fantastic Four, where they just lived in a high-security building and had enough money and super-powers to keep the riff-raff away, but could live and work under their real names and not wear any masks or have secret identities.

Marvel Studios almost has to do something with Fantastic Four, because it was so thoroughly screwed up by Fox before. That's a massive, powerful, epic story -- I'm thinking particularly of Dr. Doom, the Silver Surfer, and quite a few other adventures -- that could now be done very well as super-high-budget movies. Casting would be absolutely critical... to me, they never quite got that right in any previous films.

Mysterio, who was one of the most interesting Spiderman villains in the comics. There, he was an out-of-work special effects technician who used tricks (flash bombs and other illusions) in order to pull off amazing capers. Now... I dunno who or what he is. It's fair to say the character went through a lot of changes over time. I'm glad they're not rebooting Dr. Octopus or Green Goblin again.

25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Kev...again......
    @1:24

BeatleJWOL likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.