New UHQR by Analogue Productions/QRP - Axis: Bold as Love*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Was starting to get a little nervous after seeing some orders from Jan. of 2018 getting ship notices.
    Ordered mine on 12-27-17 and got shipping notice today for both. :D

scotti and SoundDoctor like this.
  2. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Ordered!

Gordon Johnson and SoundDoctor like this.
  3. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

Enjoy!

AtlTrav likes this.
  4. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

I now have two FedEx emails in my inbox that are identical except with different tracking numbers. One is for two Hendrix boxes, and one is for a Bill Evans box. Both say Delivery Monday by the End of Day.

Monday night we party!

5. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

Ok, a little relieved but I got no shipping notice.

6. Meddle_Guy

Meddle_Guy Forum Resident

Ditto!

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  7. djost

djost Hyperactive!

I just got my two Hendrix records (mono & stereo) today. And, ETA for Bill Evans "Portrait In Jazz" is this Friday. Life is good.

8. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Wouldnt wait too long. Possible defects and all.

9. SoundDoctor

Most copies so far seem to be defect-free, so I wouldn't worry about it. There's probably a 1/100 chance (if even that) that you will get a defective copy.

10. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Records are an imperfect media. Ive been doing this long enough to know that its never a good idea to sit on sealed items for long periods of time.

Unless, of course, one is planing on keeping the item sealed for investment purposes.

Hopefully theyve taken greater care than usual with these pressings. But Id hate to pay a bill for an lp only to find out weeks or months later its defective.

11. SoundDoctor

Records are definitely an imperfect medium overall but I've had some PERFECT records...

12. jasonsouza77

jasonsouza77 Vinyl Enthusiast

i agree a million percent. its a must buy imho

AFA and SoundDoctor like this.
  13. SoundDoctor

I feel like once everybody realizes how great this Hendrix UHQR sounds, prices will shoot up just like the MFSL "Abraxas" One Step did. It may get even higher than "Abraxas." All of those people who are complaining now about "$100 for one record?! No way!" are going to say "$100 for that record? Sounds like a bargain!" in a year.

AFA and jasonsouza77 like this.
  14. Until the next time it gets reissued.

15. SoundDoctor

But I doubt there's anything more to mine out of the tape than Bernie did with the UHQR. It's simply that good. I don't think any other copy of this album can top the stereo UHQR, period. And most rock recordings don't sound as amazing as this (though there are many great ones), so this will be an extremely valuable collectors' item in a few years.

jasonsouza77 likes this.
  16. jasonsouza77

jasonsouza77 Vinyl Enthusiast

hi Doc, yes same thing ran through my mind when I placed my order for the uhqr's in dec '17. still dreaming of the abraxas 1-step though. also feel price inflation will be similar to abraxas in the secondary market :)

SoundDoctor likes this.
  17. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

At this point it's not really about the price. It's about opportunity. The Mono pressings were pre-ordered a year and a half ago. We pre-ordered to avoid regret. We know what we're getting into. I know what my Classic Record's sound like. Now I want to know what it sounds like on Grundman's updated mastering chain and impeccable QC during the pressing process on premium vinyl. Mine gets delivered tomorrow. If it sounds as good amazing, I'll probably put an order in for a stereo version.

18. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I wonder how many monos are going to remain sealed.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  19. SoundDoctor

Hopefully not many because it's too great to not play. Sadly, that may not be the case.

jasonsouza77 likes this.
  20. Experiencereunited

Experiencereunited Forum Resident

Are u being phesicious? Many lovr the 2010. Personally I love most of the Marino 2010s. i do feel Axis is one of the weaker ones from the 2010 batch of rereleases though. I find I actually enjoy the 2010 MOV more for Axis the the USA pressing as well.

21. Echidna Arf

Echidna Arf Well-Known Member

But they only pressed like 2000 Abraxas vs 5,000 Hendrix... I don't think it's gonna go that high, there's more supply.

djost likes this.
  22. SoundDoctor

Yes but Hendrix has a bigger audience than Santana typically does afaik (and I love Santana too - saw them in concert a few years ago). So it may be closer to equal than you think.

23. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

$100 for a record is expensive and not a bargain, imo. If they sell for more on the secondary market then great but it will still be expensive. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to afford to buy lots of these expensive records but I would never call them a bargain or think less of people not thrilled with the pricing. I remember years ago many of us hear were debating if the Classic Records 45’s at $40 were too expensive or later the AP Top Jazz series at $50 and so in. Great records but certainly not a bargain cost wise at least in my opinion.

Shawn, Admerr, Gordon Johnson and 2 others like this.
  24. SoundDoctor

I meant that if the prices go up to "Abraxas" levels on the Hendrix UHQR that people may reflect on the $100 original price and call it a bargain in comparison to the secondary market prices. None of this is a bargain (except if it's the best sounding record you've ever heard, then maybe) really...

25. The thing with Abraxas, there was never a really good sounding pressing, so it was highly sought out, plus the fact that they made only 2500 UltraDiscs help drive prices too.

There's been a couple really good sound Axis releases already, which was not the case with Abraxas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.