The last movie you saw in the theater

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris DeVoe, Oct 31, 2018.

1. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I saw The Mustang today. I really, really liked it. :). And I will leave it at that, because I think the less you know about the details and outcome of the movie, the more you will enjoy it. (it’s about an inmate who bonds with a wild mustang as part of a prison rehabilitation program)

SandAndGlass likes this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Captain Marvel

3. Jerrika

Jerrika Mysterious Ways

The Beach Bum. Sometimes you just need to see a comedy. You get tired of serious movies after a while.

SandAndGlass and Chris DeVoe like this.
  4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I saw Dumbo tonight.

Decent movie.

Fell in love with whoever was doing Eva Green's trapeze double.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  5. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

...I saw WONDER PARK. Nice.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

Gone With The Wind a couple of weeks ago with the family. Was really excited to see it on the big screen. It did not disappoint!

budwhite likes this.
  7. WLL

WLL Popery Of Mopery

Did you notice the part, just after the intermission, when Scarlett go
    Es to Atlanta --- that, " jokingly ', comes out in favor of African-Americans being deprived of the franchise?
    It certainly is a classic romance, and to people of my father's generation, it was kind of the all-time achievement of the Golden Age Of Hollywood - we saw it theatrically on its last?? pre-TV reissue, in 1973m
    In the Nineties I got cable again and it was showing serialized on TNT or TBS and I got caught up in seeing it again and wanting to bond with my father and so I ended up staying at home and watching it rather than seeing Spike Lee's Malcolm X film:laugh:! Spike would probably not have been amused:nauga:
    A couple years back, it showed up on AMC on Thanksgiving and I turned it on just to see George Reeves' bit and I got caught up in seeing it again:yikes:! (Spoiler) - It almost seemed like the scene of Scarlett"s marital rape by Rhett had been slightly trimmed:confused:

Grunge Master likes this.
  8. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

re The Sisters Brothers

To weird and quirky I guess

I think it started so and so but got better and better and finished really strong. Reilly was really good!
    Nice score from Desplat too

9. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Yes, I liked the score too.

10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise) Thread Starter

Saw 2 films this evening, unintentionally themed on religiously-motivated battles.

The first Kesari, is an Indian film about how 21 Sikh soldiers had to defend a fort on the border between India and Afghanistan from an attack by 10000 Muslims. Really powerful.

The second was Hotel Mumbai, about the 2008 terror attack on the Hotel Taj. Dev Patel gave his most powerful performance in years.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

Yesterday - "Mildred Pierce" (1945 with Joan Crawford)

Jeff Yerkey and Antmanbee like this.
  12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Last thing we saw in the theater was Captain Marvel. About to run off later today for a screening of How to Train Your Dragon. Shazam is later on this week.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  13. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

The trailer for this looked very good, but I’ve read reviews saying there is so much carnage on screen. I can handle some carnage, but not overwhelming amounts. For that reason I will probably have to pass.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  14. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

I think the most recent film I saw was "The Post". Or it might have been "God's Own Country". I don't go to many movies.

GOC is not for the squeamish. ;)

15. Chris DeVoe

That's fair. While many of the deaths are off screen, a lot of them are on-screen and will definitely shock and disturb any reasonably sensitive person.

brownie61 and SandAndGlass like this.
  16. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Gloria Bell. Julianne Moore's performance was quite good. she gave it her all. John Turturo not as much. in the end the movie just seemed kind of pointless.

brownie61 likes this.
  17. Chris DeVoe

Just saw The Hummingbird Project, with Jesse Eisenberg heading a team building a fiber link from Kansas to New York to enable split-second stock trading. Interesting film, and they didn't get too much wrong technically. A number of stock traders located in Kansas City to take advantage of 1 millisecond ping times via Google Fiber.

18. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

I was going to see a $5, 2D movie today, in the afternoon, through the AMC Subbs program.

But, the AMC web site was down for most of the day. It came back online, late in the afternoon.

I really hate their web site...

19. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

Crashed because of Avengers tickets.

Chris DeVoe and SandAndGlass like this.
  20. Chris DeVoe

Just saw an Indian film called Junglee about a family that runs an elephant sanctuary. The son left to go to Mumbai and train as a veterinarian, and returns home for the tenth anniversary of his mother's death. He has to deal with ivory poachers and kick a lot of butt.

SandAndGlass and budwhite like this.
  21. SandAndGlass

You did right then. Series carnage from beginning to end. Very graphic.

22. SandAndGlass

Long Shot.

A ruder and cruder movie in the vein of All About Mary.

An "R" rated movie, all the way through. Not even close to a PG-13.

Requires a lot of "suspension of disbelief". More than I have.

It does have some funny points, mostly raunchy funny though.

23. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I've been waffling about this one, and your review has me in the no column now, as everything you said is what I feared. I can't believe how long it's been since I've been to the theater. It used to be it was January and February when there would be nothing I was interested in playing around here, but that seems to have moved to the spring now. I'm hoping it picks up soon.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  24. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Shazam!

Chris DeVoe and MHS3 like this.
  25. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

2 today, the first The Long Shot was pretty good, lots of funny lines and the always beautiful Charlize Theron. The other, The Hustle sucked, total waste of time, Rebel Wilson once again in a bomb.