Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I think tonight will cause a ****storm amongst the fan base, I have no doubt about that at all.

mrjinks and GodShifter like this.
  2. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Season eight. I don't understand all these folks who hate it. Seems that so many went in The Long Night, for example, with preconceived notions of who they thought should kill the Night King and what characters they thought would die. Then when the episode didn't play out as they thought it should, somehow the writers got it wrong.

And GRRM should have taken the helm or kept his mouth shut until after the season was over.

3. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

We're supposed to call a show out if we think it doesn't deliver. I enjoy those posts every bit as much as the ones that love everything. I look forward to hearing both what you think they did right... and wrong.

GodShifter likes this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Perhaps it will be the Iron Bank controlling everything....they have all the money, the weaponry.

[​IMG]

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Been reading a ton of chatter about 'new' dragons (children of Drogo) so.....how would you feel about some new dragons being introduced right about now!? I think if they flashed to some eggs or baby hatchlings momentarily, it might be acceptable. If they show up full grown and have ANY affect on the outcome of the story it won't play well!;)

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  6. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I would toss my TV over the balcony.....hell no.

SJP, GodShifter and GentleSenator like this.
  7. rswitzer

rswitzer Forum Resident

Some silly predictions:

Predictable
    The Hound & Arya take care of the Mountain
    Yara finishes of Euron
    Qyburn get roasted by wildfire or dragon fire
    Cersei tries to kill Tyrion, Jamie intervenes . . . unsuccessfully, and Bron saves them both
    kinda hope none of this happens as it's too predictable

Less Predictable?
    Daario Naharis infiltrates the Golden Company, saves Daenerys and takes her back to rule Essos. She leaves her nephew to rule Westeros with Sansa as warden of the north.

8. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

I don't know why but I just imagine Euron is going to get impaled to a ship's mast by something.

9. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

This would be the Marxist version of the story's political themes. The shift, full force forward, through primitive accumulation and to the eventual triumph of capital.

L.

Deuce66 likes this.
  10. Potential Energy

Potential Energy Forum Resident

The Battle of the 2 Queens, both who have/had 3 children, the dragons being Dany's of course and both who could possibly be pregnant.

Not a coincidence that this is airing on Mother's Day.

11. Chris from Chicago

No. It wouldn't play well. But even if there were baby dragons... they'd be little and ineffectual.

And... not knowing the biological and reproductive ways of dragons. I'm pretty sure all three of Dany's dragons had wieners. So the idea of Drogon's babies saving the day would be even more ridiculous.

12. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

How did you come to that conclusion?

13. Chris from Chicago

Fair question. They were named after the men in Dany's life.

14. mongo

mongo Senior Member

I think it only feels rushed compared to the slow build up of the previous 7 seasons.
    Things are obviously coming to a head.
    JMO.

AndyNicks likes this.
  15. mongo

mongo Senior Member

I see him getting fried.

16. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

I've been binge watching the previous seasons to refresh my memory. Ayra killed two guys, then cooked them into a pie. That's some straight-up Hannibal Lector chit.

Plinko and John Bonham like this.
  17. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

She must've heard the same story Bran heard; the one he told about the 'rat-lord'.

dmiller458 likes this.
  18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Being that dragons are mythical creatures I think it's safe to assume when can't assume anything about them. Maybe males and females can have babies; maybe there is no 'sex' for a dragon. In any event, the whole baby dragons or other dragons (if this becomes the case), won't have anything to do with the outcome of the next couple of episodes; for the future of Westeros, though, perhaps.

IF they do try to employ other dragons into this episode then GoT officially jumped the shark on a dragon that had white hair and purple eyes while wearing water skis and a leather jacket.

It will be interesting to see the twists and turns this episode takes. I think there are many directions it go, but every time I've tried to predict much of anything I've got it wrong, so nothing more from me here until after this episode.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  19. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

20. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

At this point I don’t care who ends up on the Iron Throne. Just end it. That episode was brutal.

21. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

A little too 'time-kill'-y on the 'Arya-in-the-$hit'.....
    but..... it's almost over.

GodShifter likes this.
  22. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I watched this with my father and at the end he said the same thing, essentially.

A couple of random thoughts:

Varys thinks Jon would be the 'wiser' ruler after his series of mishaps and miscalculations? Interesting.

It's very difficult to kill Frankenstein.

One dragon did what probably four could do in this episode. The dragons have proven to be 'vulnerable'? Not Drogon apparently. He's like a nuclear weapon.

At some point, how much destruction is enough? Is the over kill supposed to show us how over the edge Dany has gone? Point made.

Arya becomes a life saver (or tries) instead of a death dealer. Also interesting.

More later.

23. Chris from Chicago

Okay...

Visually stunning. But I felt little emotion watching Varys die. I was somewhat sad to see the Hound go.

Crazy town that Dany would hope to lead the kingdom of ashes. There's nothing left. And those that survived will never bow to her.

Cersei should've died more horribly.

I would think words would come easier. They're not.

24. AndyNicks

AndyNicks Forum Resident

Loved It!!!

bluemooze likes this.
  25. ascot

ascot Senior Member

After that episode I have a strange urge to listen to "Disco Inferno."

Kassonica likes this.