New UHQR by Analogue Productions/QRP - Axis: Bold as Love*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

2. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Who's on First?

808_state and Admerr like this.
  3. durkn

durkn Well-Known Member

I would like to see them do something that isn’t based upon revenue but based upon an album worthy of doing. Not upon the same old...

Pick the right album & the revenue will come.

I opened & played three different one-steps in the last three days & I enjoy them.

There are other albums that are more deserving based upon sound & may push the limits of our systems more. The first one that comes to mind is: The The - Soul Mining

paulieb00 likes this.
  4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Not pretty much, very much every reissue out there is garbage to Tom Port. How can he possibly say a $50. available reissue is better than one of his $600. hot stampers?

SoundDoctor and jhm like this.
  5. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yes. My point is he sometimes doesn’t know what he’s selling. He gets caught up in his own line of crap. He sold me an 80s mono reissue as an “original” pressing. He might as well sell a two tone as an original too.

6. IGD Positive

IGD Positive Forum Resident

7. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Well said! My feelings around Jazz (not trying to derail the thread) is that it might be the one genre where the music has aged better than any other. With so many unheard treasures out there that many have never heard and now with these wonderful launches such as the Tone Poet series (as an example) people are discovering more and more of this incredible music that they never would have listened to.

Some here have talked about the music of their generation, what they have grown up listening to and future wishes for audiophile treatment, just cool as can be reading comments like this. Keep in mind "Kevin Gray" has gone out and mastered some pretty amazing Rock albums, so don't count him out on newer released gems. Heck, he did a wonderful job on "Consolers of The Lonely"!

I am 61, ok 62 this Thursday, and I am still growing up listening to the likes of Kurt Vile, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Parquet Courts, Ex Hex, Cage The Elephant, and Courtney Barnett to name a few. 6/21 is one of my most anticipated release dates of the year as the new Raconteurs album is landing along with "Cornbread" and "Mr. Shing-A-Ling" from the "Tone Poet" series...talk about some fun times...

But back to the UHQR of "Axis"...yesterday you shared with us a post how you were able to turn your 19 year old daughter on to this album and how you thought she would last for maybe one song, then the two of you got to hang and listen to the entire first side and the time it meant to you. That speaks very highly for what a vinyl release this special can do, working some very special magic I say...I shared that post with my wife, and we both agree that it is one of the most awesome posts we have ever read on this forum!

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  8. Nitrous

Nitrous Forum Resident

Please get StationToStation done on UHQR. That should sort it.

AshS, SoundDoctor and scotti like this.
  9. Captain Rogers

Thanks Doc, could you confirm which release exactly I thought the latest was digital. Aplogies in advanced.

10. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Maybe if we agree to prepay.

11. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I'm curious too. Is the current Ziggy a repress of the AAA?

12. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

A UHQR Station To Station would certainly be a cause for celebration, seeing as how we would be getting a fantastic album in a proper, fine form for a title that hasn't already been beaten to death yet by the audiophile reissue labels.

Gimme a UHQR of The Feelies Crazy Rhythms, too.

A6mzero, SoundDoctor and scotti like this.
  13. Captain Rogers

Great moment, I hope to share one like that with my daughter she' she's older.

Carter DeVries and scotti like this.
  14. Captain Rogers

Or a Both UK and US UHQR 2LP - MONO and STEREO Box Sets

15. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Now, this might be just a lucky guess on my part, but the odds on seeing that get the UHQR treatment might be around one in a billion...

Around the same odds as me seeing my two favorite Can albums "Ege Bamyasi" and "Future Days" with the UHQR touch. If I ever win the lottery, I would pay to have those released this way...

16. bluejimbop

bluejimbop Thumb Toe Heel Toe

Wicked!

17. Captain Rogers

From what I've read the 2016 and 17 and possibly the Five Years box uses the plates from the 2012 AAA Vinyl/DVD-A set. I really wish I had picked that up a few months ago. Saw it for 25

SoundDoctor likes this.
  18. neilspeed

neilspeed Forum Resident

So what is the final consensus after listening to the UHQR Axis stereo version? Does it sound better than the currently available pressings? I am not interested in the packaging etc. just please let us know how it sounds so that can decide whether we should run out and buy it before it sells out :waiting:

19. teag

teag Forum Resident

No one has really had a chance to listen to it yet. So keep waiting for the reviews before ordering. No rush at all....

giantleech likes this.
  20. IGD Positive

Huh? Plenty of people have weighed in and said the stereo version is incredible and better than any currently available pressing.

rxcory, Twinsfan007, AtlTrav and 3 others like this.
  21. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Can't believe they are going for so low a price. Grab one before the collectors catch on. It's a pretty awesome sounding pressing - at least the 200 gram version.

Twinsfan007 and markmck79 like this.
  22. IGD Positive

23. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

24. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I agree. Remember when they gave the AP Tillerman a F rating

25. dachada

dachada Senior Member

does anybody have the stereo box numbered over 2000 or 3000?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.