Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. I just received a "like new" item that was completely trashed. It's always a crapshoot with Warehouse Deals.

Mr. H, black sheriff and Shawn like this.
  2. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I ordered the Fagen Nightfly too. The few times I have ordered from warehouse deals I have been happy with what I got but that was some time ago when a bunch of Beatles Magical Mystery Tour box sets that had slight damage I think mine just had some damaged shrink wrap and was otherwise ok. Let’s hope this is a similar deal. I had to wonder when the poster said there were 9 available what the deal was.

jason202 and passion4music like this.
  3. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

The last thing I got from them was Mark Knopfler's Privateering, maybe two years ago. I believe it was described as like new as well. The gatefold jacket was held shut with clear packing tape, and they'd slapped a sticker on it as well. It still has a bit of sticky residue on it as a result. I kept it because it sounded fine, and at the time it was impossible to get that record in the US for anything less than ridiculous prices.

4. sw61139

sw61139 Well-Known Member

Most items I've received from Amazon Warehouse Deals were like-new or new, sometimes in damaged packaging or repackaged. I only received one totally crap item ever from Warehouse Deals. It was a Samsung Galaxy S4 "Condition: Used - Very Good - Item is in original packaging, but packaging has damage." The phone was totally trashed. They refunded my payment and told me to keep the phone.

5. sungjoo75

sungjoo75 Forum Resident

Mine just arrived today and the vinyl is sealed. :laugh:

sw61139, floyd and jason202 like this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

It's a crap shoot.
    I hate it when the put stickers on the jackets

Dennis Metz likes this.
  7. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Could they be talking about the MoFi version? It sounds like that one came in a box of sorts.

10. Matt I

Matt I Forum Resident

From my experience it usually means that Amazon originally shipped it to a customer without a box. Simply stuck shipping labels onto the shrink wrap. A little damage occurs, and because it was shipped without a box we are overly critical on our inspection and return it back to Amazon (who wants to pay full price for a damaged record when it all could have been avoided with a little common sense). In the return process we are asked why we are returning the product, and the logical choice is product was damage and the reason was that it wasn't in a box. Amazon Returns' interpretation is that the product box was missing.

If that is the case, be prepared to peel stickers off the shrink wrap, or remove the shrink wrap and problem is solved. The damage is usually minor, corner dings etc. If it is bad, return it, nobody wants a big coaster.

jasonsouza77 likes this.
  11. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

stickers
    [​IMG]

12. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

Take a warm blow dryer to the sticker to loosen up the adhesive. It should peel off.
    Although they shouldn't have stuck it on like that.

superstar19 and marcb like this.
  13. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Or a bit of Goo Gone. I've used that product many, many times and always removed the sticker perfectly and not harming the actual product.

Shawn, jrice, dasacco and 1 other person like this.
  14. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Two excellent tips that i've never heard of. Hair dryer and goo gone. I've used nail polish remover to very messy mixed results. Thanks all.

I received Kyuss's first record for 12 bucks on a warehouse deal. No wrap but perfect in every other way.

I didn't jump on the Stones box warehouse deal. Just can't pull the trigger on that one. I think the box comment on the Stones one was probably like the above mentioned. But, i pictured just a bunch of cds coming without any outside box.

I don't think i've ever had a problem with an Amazon Warehouse deal. They usually just seem like something that someone returned. Never had anything with missing parts or badly damaged either.

15. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

FlexFantastic likes this.
  16. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

hutlock and fluffskul like this.
  17. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

mastered from a digital source per past threads. thanks

18. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

19. grouploner

Tjazz, FlexFantastic and superstar19 like this.
  20. grouploner

FlexFantastic and superstar19 like this.
  21. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

fluffskul and hutlock like this.
  22. grouploner

Yeah...I like Neil's 'classic' period, and so I tried some samples online to check it out. It was not really my thing, but I just figured someone might be interested at that price.

23. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

What is Neil's classic period for you?

24. grouploner

For me personally...Buffalo Springfield through 'Zuma', although there are LOTS of albums after that which I like as well. Probably at least a third (if not more, very rough estimate) of his post-Zuma output I would consider great, great albums, really indispensable. And of course there's a lot (most, actually) of the more recently released NYA material that I would consider terrific as well.

And frankly, he does what he wants, when he wants to, and even in his 70s he still tries to reach and innovate, and definitely still comes up with great things from time to time. That is to be admired, and that's why I try to always check out his stuff when he releases new material.

jason202 and superstar19 like this.
  25. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Neil Young and the Promise of the Yawn