Fleabag (series 2) - BBC

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

The old thread about series 1 is closed, so I thought I'd start a new one for series 2.

I thought S1 was fantastic - original, clever and Phoebe Waller-Bridge was a revelation. I'm happy to report that S2 is equally terrific, if not even better. The opening ep of S2 was a killer, setting off a chain of events explored in the remaining episodes. This is top shelf comedic entertainment.

polchik, chacha, fabre and 9 others like this.
  2. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Anyone know when it'll be on Amazon Prime?

3. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

Magical! Brilliant writing and performances.

chacha and fabre like this.
  4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

So, where can us ‘Mericans watch this ?

5. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Now.

Groovy likes this.
  6. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Not until Friday, but thanks for the heads up.

7. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Yes you're right. When I logged in it said "Bonus Watch Now" for Season 2, but it turns out that it's just the trailer. Thought they were giving me a jump on it. Oh well, rewatching season 1 to remember what happened.

BTW, Waller-Bridge was interviewed on NPR's "Fresh Air" yesterday.

Groovy likes this.
  8. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

Loved season 1 and looking forward to this one.

9. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I thought it was excellent, as well. Andrew Scott was a perfect fit.

10. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Season 2 was so, so good.

And, I agree, Andrew Scott was just terrific.

11. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

I binged the entire series in two nights. S1 was excellent, S2 is one of the most beautiful and perfect things I've ever seen. The way the show gracefully swings from devastating to hilarious is amazing, and S2 is just executed brilliantly. Not a single wasted moment in the show.

12. Great second season. Glad they didn’t just try to replicate season one and developed the characters. Loved how one character kept asking the main character “where she went” when she did The aside to the audience. Too bad there’s not going to be a season three but it is perfect the way it is.

polchik, chacha and mikeyt like this.
  13. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I didn’t know this existed until a few days ago and binged both seasons already. S2 is one of the comedies I’ve ever seen. I’ll be shocked if this isn’t nominated for Emmys and Golden Globes. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is also the creator of Killing Eve.

Bender Rodriguez and Deesky like this.
  14. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Binged series 1 over the last couple of nights. Great watch. PW-B is a true talent, both in front of the camera & behind.

Excited to get to series 2!

15. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

1st episode of series 2 is fantastic!

16. gabacabriel

gabacabriel Forum Resident

I might need to try again with this show - everyone seemed to love it except me!

Truth told, I never got past ep1 of s1 - I found the anal sex gag at the start of the show very contrived, like it was trying too hard to be - ooh! - a bit edgy. And things didn't improve from there - it all felt a bit knowing, a bit pleased with itself.

I thought Killing Eve was crap as well.

17. She also writes and produces Killing Eve on the BBC America channel.

18. Maybe it’s not for you. I enjoyed both. It’s extremely dry humor. I loved KE but Fleabag more than KE.

chacha and somnar like this.
  19. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This is such a unique show, it's hard to really describe it. I will say it's one of my favorite dramedies of all time. Phoebe Waller-Bridges' writing is next level, and the way conversations overlap, leaving thoughts unsaid (but understood) make it seem so real. I've just never seen human relationships portrayed in quite this way. The way the show is structured, the flashes back to Boo, the absolute baring of her soul to us-all amazing. Her acting is also highly underrated. The way it ended was perfect. My only complaint is that there may have been too many 4th wall breaks in season 2 (but those looks are devastating), and I also found that if I didn't have the captions on I missed some things, with the asides coming fast and furious. And she even turned that little dramatic device on it's head (people who have seen this season know what I mean). But we got 12 perfect episodes of incredibly edgy, hilarious and touching entertainment.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    rmath84, jpelg and Deesky like this.
  20. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

I thought that Season 2 was a quantum leap above Season 1 in terms of quality, and I loved Season 1. In Season 2, the characters became richer and more developed, the stories more complex and satisfying.

polchik, chacha and EVOLVIST like this.
  21. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I binged all 12 episodes of this over the weekend. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is a phenomenal actress. Wish there was another season to watch.

polchik likes this.
  22. rhubarb9999

rhubarb9999 Forum Resident

I will have to watch Season 2 again ... I binged it a few weeks ago and as I sit here I can't remember a single thing about it. Season 1 was awesome!

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

what a great, great show.

so many elements hit really close to home, i couldn't help but laugh.

somewhat sad it's evidently done, but it ended brilliantly. what an immensely talented writer and actor.

24. rmath84

rmath84 Forum Resident

I didn't care for the first couple of episodes either but I found it worth sticking with. Season 2 is incredible from start to finish.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    polchik, Exit Flagger and Hot Ptah like this.
  25. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

[​IMG]

jriems, Bender Rodriguez and AndrewS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.