RIP Tim Conway

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Timeless Classics, May 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Of course many know Tim for his fantastic work on Carol Burnett and McHales Navy but to me he will always be Barnacle B-Man.

2. Allen Michael

Allen Michael Fuh you blue

One of the greats! He never failed to make me laugh when I was little. Rediscovering the Carol Burnet show with my own kids they thought he was just as funny as I did and still do. RIP Tim

One the funniest outtakes!

3. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I've always felt these two outtakes were the funniest things they ever did on the show.
    Conway was brilliant. Dick Van Dyke was losing it. Of course Vicki Lawrence got the last laugh ("I'll go if the little a**hole is done"...). "Snork"

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  4. EdgardV

EdgardV ®

Yup, the Siamese elephant bit is one of my all time favorites.

Also liked the one where Tim is looking up Harvey's nose, and asks, "is that loaded?"

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Very sad news. One of my favorite guys. I just watched McHale's Navy the other day. Still so funny. RIP, Tim.

6. SGR

SGR Forum Resident

Always liked the one from the Carol Burnett show where Tim Conway flies no frills. Rest in peace.

EdgardV and Joel1963 like this.
  7. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

RIP.

Antenna TV will show a Tonight Show with Johnny Carson with Tim Conway as a guest at 10 PM Eastern, repeated at 4 AM.

Chris C and EdgardV like this.
  8. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Sad day. You would not believe how much I watch the McHales Navy shows just to watch him. RIP.

Holy Diver and longdist01 like this.
  9. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

Tim starred on a Doris Day special called "Doris Day Today". A great opportunity to see the two dearly missed stars together...

10. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

RIP Tim Conway! He truly was the M.V.P. on Carol Burnett show, so many hilarious skits and work on TV, film, and voice-over work still in last decade.

11. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

longdist01 likes this.
  12. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

By the way, for those of you who have no clue who Ernie Anderson is, you may remember him from his years in L.A. as THE voice of ABC TV promos ...

13. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Interesting timing for me - I do video projection for live events and I am at CBS Television City for 3 days (today being the 2nd - tomorrow is the CBS Upfront broadcast from NY Carnegie Hall being sent to L.A.). We are in Studio 33 - the home of The Carol Burnett Show. I always thought he was great.

14. Hooperfan

Hooperfan Your friendly neighborhood candy store owner

Love this sketch with Dino and Ted Night

15. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

A funny, funny man. His work brought me so much joy and laughter over the years I owe him a debt of gratitude. Thanks Mr. Conway.

16. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

RIP. I was a fan of both Tim Conway and Don Knotts when I was a kid.

17. Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, Carol Burnett all pure genius.

He was just incredibly funny. RIP.

18. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

So the source of Tim Conway's Mr. Tudball accent came from his Romanian mother. A comic genius especially for someone without any formal training.

I never realized he was that old since he always came across animated and youthful in what I thought were recent interviews. Man! I'm going to miss that guy. RIP.

19. theoxrox

theoxrox Forum Resident

I was a Carol Burnett lover, and Tim Conway was the icing on the cake. He and Harvey Korman were fantastic.

Requiescat in Pacem, Mr. Conway! You were a comedy genius@!

20. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

Awe very sad Tim Conway such a funny talented man. lived a long life no one like him. he will be missed.

Alouette likes this.
  21. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

A true legend. R.I.P.

Alouette likes this.
  22. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

I made a comment in the tribute thread in the regular forum about this sketch, but somehow it didn't make it in before it was closed.

So I'll repeat it here.

I love to laugh, and many things have made me laugh over the years. But there have been only a limited number of bits I've seen that have literally — and I mean literally — put me on the floor, doubled over in helpless, uncontrollable laughter.

This is one of them, and I saw it the very night it was performed on The Carol Burnett Show for the first time.

R.I.P. Tim. And when you see him, please tell Ernie hello from me.

mrjinks likes this.
  23. Kevin In Choconut Center

Kevin In Choconut Center Offensive Coordinator

He was truly one of the very best at what he did. His style of humor is sadly missing from today's cultural landscape. May he rest in well deserved peace,

24. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Those of us who are from northeastern Ohio remember Ernie as Ghoulardi, the greatest late-night horror movie host in the entire history of the genre.

I always say that an entire generation from our area grew up slightly skewed (in a very good way!) from watching his show.

[​IMG]

MarkTheShark and Chris C like this.
  25. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved his work.

RIP Tim...

Doris and Tim back to back is awful news.

Alouette likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.