Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I can't find an applicable link at the moment but I've heard that HBO had offered Benioff and Weiss more than 6 episodes to tell this story, and they elected not to, supposedly because they're wanting to move onto more projects (such as that Star Wars trilogy they're attached to). I could be wrong but that doesn't sound like commercial considerations (maybe for their own wallets); that sounds like a couple of writers who have had enough playtime in Martin's world and want off this train.

Which is fine too.

marmalade166 likes this.
  2. If HBO was hot for more episodes couldn't they have found writers interested in carrying the torch?

3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Also true.

I did find this:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170312231056/http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/12/game-of-thrones-sxsw/

So yeah, this is all by design.

marmalade166 and Pete Puma like this.
  4. CoryS

CoryS Forum Resident

But it doesn't work that way. The white walkers don't get rid of anyone. They kill and recruit them, so Cersei would have to face them eventually, and in bigger numbers.

5. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

There definitely should have been a character named VYRUS. Awesome. :laugh:

6. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Presumably, but maybe there was a clause that only Benioff & Weiss had rights to Martin's work? I'm just speculating of course.

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Me fail spelling?!?!
    That's un-possible!

8. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It was funny :)

9. vince

townsend and Pete Puma like this.
  10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

HBO has the TV rights.

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Right, and that being the case, couldn't they hire new executive producers/writers? It's the network's show.

12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

they are going ahead with a prequel(s), that's all we know right now

Untitled Game of Thrones prequel - Wikipedia

GodShifter likes this.
  13. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  14. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

their loss. hbo has great shows.

Ed Hughes likes this.
  15. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

I simply don't understand why people are claiming this to be the case. The characters are all pretty much stupid, or sadistic, or utterly twisted, or well-intentioned but misguided and naive. All of which results in them harming boatloads of innocents even when trying to avoid doing so. That's been the story all along and this latest episode is just more of the same.

Pete Puma likes this.
  16. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

Wow, that was harsh. Varys to me was the only smart guy in the bunch who was doing absolutely everything he could to save lives and have a more peaceful world. "Who gave him the right to make these decisions?" He didn't make any decisions. He risked (and lost) his life just to make a gentle (if treasonous) suggestion to the one person capable of turning the ship around. "God-like power"? I'm not sure what show you were watching. It sounds like you are more just doubling down on how great the show is as a reaction to the negativity here, to the point where you are condemning a guy for basically saying Dany shouldn't be queen, which he was 1000% right about.

17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I saw this yesterday. The blurb under it claimed it's 2 yrs old. I guess the Simpson's had somebody on the 'inside'!;)

tommy-thewho likes this.
  18. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Then there's a sort of parallel here, Benioff and Weiss are in their own way burning down GOT the same way Dany burned down Kings Landing.

GodShifter likes this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

who knows, but that dragon was definitely super-charged and suddenly able to a-bomb a lot of stuff in a short period time. whatever though, the plot demanded it.

:laugh: this made me spit my coffee out. just a bit.

GodShifter likes this.
  20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

:D:D I think the calorie requirements for a full grown dragon would be pretty high, best not to think about this too much. A Blue Whale needs 1.5 million calories/day, full grown elephants are in the 70,000 range they're far smaller than Drogon and no requirement to produce streaming flames of death. How does a million calories per day sound?

Dinstun and GodShifter like this.
  21. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Maybe he just ate the 250,000+ corpses at Winterfell. Some of it wasn’t so fresh but it was mostly well done
    [​IMG]

22. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Come on! We all know how dragons shoot fire.

They hold in their farts, forcing it to come out their mouth instead. While the gas is passing through the mouth via the esophagus, the Bic lighter underneath the Dragon's tongue gets flicked and ignites the gas.

23. vince

I thought that was how Gene Simmons did it!

neo123 likes this.
  24. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Will Dany discover the role Davos played in Tyrion's failed attempt to save Cersei? Is Davos toast?

25. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I think it’s safe to say anyone that’s left who’s around Daeny (who isn’t in her army) is probably walking on thin ice (or fire).

tommy-thewho likes this.