Game of Thrones: The Final Season (April 14, 2019)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Parachute Woman, Nov 13, 2018.

1. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

Game of Thrones has proven to be the golden age of the meme.
    [​IMG]
    I will miss it in the future

2. GregM

GregM The expanding man

She heard that theory and rejected it. She's as self-serving as they come. But Daeny is no better, turns out.

tommy-thewho likes this.
  3. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

I've been bugged by this too, especially when you see Inside the Episode pieces where they show all the giant tanks of propane(?) they need just to make the non-CGI flames.

Dragon thermodynamics are rather fanciful..

Dinstun likes this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

5. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

It also seemed to have much more force than just flamethrowers, exploding large ships and knocking down large city walls and towers. But I'm glad they did it like that, as it made for great, fun visuals.

It was a blast!

JackBnimble, kevywevy and Michael like this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

literally...: )

Dinstun likes this.
  7. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

the internet taking the p*** lol

[​IMG]

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

A horse, a horse. King's Landing for a horse.

the pope ondine likes this.
  9. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I agree that the last two seasons have been rushed, with lazy, bog standard Hollywood action movie quality writing. But I was not at all surprised by Dany going full Mad queen. Remember how she reacted when Drogo poured molten gold on Viserys head? Zero emotion, “He was no dragon”!! And that was her BROTHER, as horrible a twat as he was. She’s always been ruthless, and her ego is massive. She’s obviously good somewhere in there, but her family egomania and madness is just too powerful.

10. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Read the story on Lena Headey making $48K (or even higher) per minute on Season 8 episodes. Remarkable. That's some life goals right there.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  11. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I just read that over at change.org, 32,000 fans have signed a petition to HBO asking for a 'do-over' of season 8!;)

JackBnimble and misterdecibel like this.
  12. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yeah, as well as Varys maybe poisoning her, further messing up her mental state....but the question is, did they pull it off in a convincing way? did it feel true to her character as a whole, etc? I don't know, felt rushed and off to me, like season 10 of Happy Days and all of a sudden the Fonz couldn't pick up chicks. bangs on the jukebox and nothing

tbh Dany's torching the town is the least of my issues, at least it was exciting and interesting

JackBnimble likes this.
  13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Final scene?
    How 'bout a rooftop concert?
    .....oh, wait..
    no rooftops!

listner_matt, AndyNicks and Veech like this.
  14. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

now that Cersei is dead, next highest on her Kill list should be Sansa. another reason why it has to end the way most are expecting.
    perhaps Arya tries but fails or Daeny strikes first against her...either way, 'someone' has to step up and protect the family.

15. GregM

GregM The expanding man

"Burn them all!"

16. Luckless Pedestrian

Luckless Pedestrian Forum Resident

She should definitely burn the dwarf and exile her nephew north of the wall.

17. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

The way that Harry Strickland reacted to the charge of Dany's forces stands in direct contrast to Jon Snow's stand against Ramsey's.

18. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

That’s not all he did. He tried poison Dany. But I liked Varys and the character.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  19. townsend

townsend Senior Member

When I think of bells ringing and foreboding music, I head straight to the opener of Black Sabbath's self-titled album: Black Sabbath Black Sabbath
    Yes, I recognize the rain doesn't fit, but I think the music -- featuring the "devil's interval" -- suits the tragedy of the situation.

20. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

One of the VFX guys said in the "Game Revealed" for this episode that Drogon wasn't quite Godzilla-level but almost.

21. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I didn't watch this till Tuesday, so I have avoided "like the plague" reading on the Internet. I have no comments about Daenerys' action.

I am a bit stupefied by Cersei. Granted, she drank way too much Lannister Koolaid, but she simply stood on the balcony assured of final victory while the whole damn city burned to the ground. Hello . . . is anybody home up there? Nothing particularly cunning or crafty from Cersei, which surprised me.

Jaime was dead from that fight. This coming back to life stuff is getting old.

JackBnimble, GodShifter and GregM like this.
  22. Jaco944

Jaco944 Forum Resident

“The things we do for love”.

GregM likes this.
  23. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Frikkin' highborn…

For someone who had been very crafty, methodical, and played his cards close to his vest the entire show, Varys sure did a 180 in that final episode. If anyone broke character I would say it's him.

marblesmike, vince and GodShifter like this.
  24. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

I think he sacrificed himself for the good of the realm

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!