Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Aug 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

I'm good either way. Gunn has apologized for his heinous tweets twice now and the attention given to those tweets was not done in good faith but as an errand of revenge for his political statements on Twitter.

Still, we got two amazing films under Gunn, and it's clear from Endgame that other talented directors such as the Russo Brothers have a good handle on the characters moving forward. Getting a third film from another talent (I still maintain Taika Waititi would have been an excellent choice) would not have been unforgiveable.

Lightworker, supermd, vince and 2 others like this.
  2. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I'm glad this happened. Disney made the right call. Should have never been fired in the first place IMO.

Lightworker, supermd and Chris DeVoe like this.
  3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Glad to hear Gunn is back.

4. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Very glad to hear that Gunn is back and we get a Gunn-led Suicide Squad movie in the bargain. Nice.

5. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm really glad this decision has been reversed. Disney were wrong and so are you.

6. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

My wife, who was a victim of child abuse and a rape survivor, forgave James Gunn and is incredibly happy about this news.

electricmetaphor and Jim B. like this.
  7. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

You seem to be incapable of differentiating between over-the-top toilet humor and deep and genuine homophobic rants.

8. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

I don't think Disney ever actually fired Gunn. It was just a cover. When his Twitter feed got exposed, Disney and Comcast were in a bidding war over 20th Century Fox, and Disney won it. They probably had to do something to say that Gunn was no longer associated with them. Fox probably wasn't gonna make the deal if he was still attached. And now that the buyout is being finalized, I guess that's why Disney brought him back.

Disney is not a moral studio, folks. Never was, never will be. If they were, they wouldn't have hired Victor Salva for Powder back in 1995. They claimed they had no idea of Salva's history. They knew, they knew.

9. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

I'm happy with this news. I believe in second chances and Gunn has handled everything maturely and honestly. I forgave him a long time ago for writing some tweets in very poor taste. I'm glad we can move forward and focus on what matters--the art and storytelling of the Guardians films.

10. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Disney's issues go back to Uncle Walt. He was a real piece of work.

David Campbell likes this.
  11. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Honestly i think you haven't got a clue what you are talking about. Gunn's firing had nothing to do with Fox, Disney were buying Fox so Fox has no say about Gunn.

If you had said Bob Iger had him fired because of his potential political career and wanting to appear 'perfect' then you may have been more accurate.

marmalade166 likes this.
  12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

supermd and R. Cat Conrad like this.
  13. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Thanks for posting that. Gotta like his attitude around the whole thing, and I'm hopeful GotG3 will be as enjoyable as the previous two.

electricmetaphor likes this.
  14. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Twitter is not a precise platform for assessing someone's character and values...anymore
    than some drunken rant after getting bad service at a tequila-tasting event would be.

15. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Some great ideas for (As)Guardians 3 in this video

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.