The Raconteurs: "Help Us Stranger" (Out 6/21/19)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brendan K, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Love the new tracks. Looking forward to the new album.

2. PK is one of the better drummers in rock. VERY underrated. Check out some of the videos on YouTube of him with the Raconteurs years ago "Consolers of the Lonely" (Live from the Basement). Insanely good - traditional grip too!

3. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Yea! Check out his work with the Greenhornes! (and Afghan Whigs) PK is excellent. Picked up tickets for NYC in September, cant wait.

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  4. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Brendan is the Racs secret weapon. IMO his collaborations with JW bring out the best in both of their talents. Super pumped for the LP release.

5. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Absolutely, they compliment each other very well. A modern day Lennon and McCartney.

SoundDoctor, Crispy Rob and RockRoom like this.
  6. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Going to both NYC shows. Been a long time, countdown is on!

Ryan_Pretzel and joeislive like this.
  7. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I loved Consolers Of The Lonely. I haven't heard Broken Boy Soldiers.

I am really interested in this though. Consolers really got me back listening to new music more. It was a fresh wave of great rock music, so with that in my mind, My interest in this is pretty high

8. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I like Consolers of the Lonely better, but Broken Boy Soldiers is very good and worth owning.

RockRoom and mark winstanley like this.
  9. Got my tickets for Atl!

scotti and RockRoom like this.
  10. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Yea, most my listening is 'classic' music, but when the Racs hit it gave me faith in rock, punched me right in the n@ts.

unclefred and mark winstanley like this.
  11. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Congrats! It's gonna be nice that they have 3 albums worth of material to pull from now.

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  12. Brendan K

Brendan K Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looks like pre-orders for the standard vinyl are up on most major websites for ~$15-20.

Locked mine in through Amazon because I couldn't justify the vault financially.

RockRoom likes this.
  13. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I got a free CD of the new album with each ticket I bought to their concert in July.

SoundDoctor and The Hud like this.
  14. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Looking at the 3rdMan vault thing... sheesh, such complicated rigmarole just for some silly chachkies.

15. rkt88

rkt88 The unknown soldier

LOVE their name, and it's a good band. but i couldn't understand why they sound so much like jack white. DOH! :)

SoundDoctor likes this.
  16. Tried to upgrade to the vinyl and it was 20 bucks more per ticket. Yeah I’ll pass.

17. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Got the Indie white vinyl version on order and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference in the pressing...different weight or master? The Indie white version is around $5 of $6 more than the standard black and most times the price does not differ like that...oh well, just glad to have some new Raconteurs heading our way. Got to see them twice, once at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and then went flew to St. Louis and took my sons to the show at the Pageant...awesome shows!

18. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

FYI, New video for 'Help Us Stranger' premiers at 10:00 AM EST tomorrow if interested.

Groovy likes this.
  19. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

It's still more than a month away - how would anyone know?
    Typically though, all different pressings released on the same day tend to be exactly the same thing.

My only issue with white vinyl for this is that it doesn't match the art work. Black (or green) actually looks best.

20. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

You are most likely right about the pressing/master, but the price is usually the same, that is why I asked. Plus a lot of times the pre-order solicitation states the weight. I like to grab Indie exclusives from time to time, not trying to be color coordinated if you will...

Thanks for the response!

21. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Yeah, the limited-edition aspect of a release can be a draw for me as well. I wonder if the price discrepancy is due to different shops charging more for the exclusive just because they can.

22. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

No, it's not the stores raising the price, its the list price the label has given this version. I have still not heard anything from this, 6/21 seems so far away...

23. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

24. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

This cover version of a Donovan track from the new album was released back in April. Posting the video now to make the thread whole and full of goodness. (Thanks to BeauZooka for the previous link).

25. PaulMcCartneysGhost

PaulMcCartneysGhost Forum Resident

The new single is awesome. I think this is some of Jack Whites best material in years. Jack White and Brendan Benson meet at a perfect half way point in the Raconteurs and balance each other out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.