Good deals on eBay : Post the hot deals you find on eBay.com here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Worked for me, thanks! Seems to be limited to one-time use though, gave me a "you've already used this offer" when I tried to place a second order.

2. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

3. sw61139

sw61139 Well-Known Member

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

sw61139 likes this.
  5. DarrenMcCall

DarrenMcCall Forum Resident

6. Edman1905

Edman1905 Active Member

7. DarrenMcCall

8. DarrenMcCall

9. Strat-Mangler

10. DarrenMcCall

Yeah, my bad. I found the correct thread shortly after a posted a bunch over there :)
    I'll let you know if this deal pops back up anywhere.

11. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

12. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Does anyone have information on how accurate USPS tracking is? I ordered an LP from a seller off eBay a while back and although it was estimated that it should have arrived over 2 days ago (and that was a generous amount of time) I have not received anything yet. I checked USPS with the tracking provided and it says - a label was created May 8th and awaiting item. I did contact the seller via eBay but no reply. I don't know if these sellers just sit on things that long or what the deal is. It seems like I have heard the USPS tracking is not always so reliable, anyone have experience with this?

13. Strat-Mangler

Personally, USPS has rarely been off in terms of precision. If the status you've read is "Awaiting Package" or something similar and the seller isn't responding, there's a very good chance the package hasn't been sent. Creating the label automatically creates the associated tracking number.

I've heard of some sellers who create labels and relay the tracking number relatively quickly to the buyer as a way to buy time before actually sending it out. It sucks you've encountered this. 8 days without an update or response isn't impressive.

Of course, there's always the chance the system isn't being accurate and that it'll show up on your porch today but realistically, my money is on a lazy seller who hasn't yet shipped it out.

floyd and GentleSenator like this.
  14. ermylaw

ermylaw Forum Resident

Based on my experience, I think you've run into a seller who is just holding the item and hasn't dropped it off with USPS. I'd message them about it to let them know -- it might be an innocent mistake or maybe they only go once a week or maybe the seller is on vacation. When I've contacted sellers like that in the past, usually the response I get is movement on the shipment, though.

marcb, kenbefound and floyd like this.
  15. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I gave another friendly reminder this time with text rather than eBay's pre-printed "Item didn't arrive" note. We will see. When I look at his feedback although there are 10,230 positive feedbacks there are 63 negatives and 41 neutral for a 99.4% It funny because 99.4% does not sound too bad but 63 is a lot of negative feedback.

ermylaw and Strat-Mangler like this.
  16. floyd

floyd Senior Member

After I did get a reply from the seller stating that it must have been lost by the shipping company and they are now out of stock on that item. Curious as they actually still have it listed on eBay. I think this is a case of very sloppy business practice. I doubt they even attempted to send the item. They did then refund my money but after 10 days of sitting on it. I wouldn't think there would be much advantage in doing this unless they do it on such a scale that having lots of peoples $3o or whatever amount for a week and a half is somehow financially beneficial to them. It does suck because other options to buy the same item elsewhere can disappear in the time you are waiting. Luckily I did find another option.

So what was the item in question? T. Rex Electric Warrior vinyl mastered by Kevin Grey (Rocktober Edition) and the ebay seller ironically had the name: speedyhenusa

Strat-Mangler, Reese and ermylaw like this.
  17. There is absolutely no advantage to doing that, PayPal doesn't refund the 30 or 40 cent PayPal fee, it is a losing proposition for the seller. Based on a 99.4% feedback, this is simply a very rare mistake on the seller's part or more likely a USPS mishandled package.

floyd likes this.
  18. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

USPS making a mistake?

19. DarrenMcCall

20. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

superstar19 likes this.
  21. DarrenMcCall

22. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

23. neut6o1

neut6o1 Forum Resident

The 4 LP version only has one version. The Optimal pressing: The Beatles - The Beatles And Esher Demos

There is a Japanese version, but that seems to be a rewrap of the optimal pressing. The 2LP version has a separate US(QRP) and Europe(Optimal) pressing.

aperfecttool and aoxomoxoa like this.
  24. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

Mike6565, DLD, black sheriff and 9 others like this.
  25. Strat-Mangler

I know the first 5 albums collection was mastered by Kevin Gray, Steve Hoffman, and Chris Bellman.

Wonder who mastered the next 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.