David Crosby (Cameron Crowe)- Croz's life, "Remember My Name" documentary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lemonade kid, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Actually, you posted it in a different thread Thursday night. The threads were merged, since yours was a duplicate.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  2. rjp

rjp Senior Member

but.....never mind.

3. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Wow.
    Can't wait to see this.
    Crosby is one of my favorite musicians ever. His music is truly original and idiosyncratic; he is kind of a loudmouth although I basically am in line with his thinking; he's always honest if without a filter sometimes; one of the great voices; all of it.

4. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

As much as i don't doubt Cruz can be a huge a$$hole, part of me wonders if he hasn't alienated his friends simply because they're "stars" and are used to being handled in a certain way.

Duke Fame, Sci-Flyer, DTK and 2 others like this.
  5. Myke

In a world where "men" use words like "harsh," and actually say they feel "threatened" by another man's tone in writing online ( :wtf: ), let alone another man raising his voice, or speaking bluntly in person...anything is possible anymore.

6. rkt88

rkt88 The unknown soldier

i just watched as much as i could take of a jackson browne semi autobiographical doc. while it was nice to see my pop pictured in it with hair. i watched with a knowing eye, crosby "second guessing" nash mid sentence during a segment even with guitars on their laps.

he has been a lucky guy. some dont fare as well with transplants. i am reminded of john phillips.

7. JoshM

JoshM Forum Resident

Which documentary? (And who's your dad?)

8. rkt88

he was jackson's first manager and had him living in the room next to me briefly as a kid. chilled white whine lol.

what's in a "name"? doesn't matter.

budwhite likes this.
  9. Myke

@rkt88 - and the name of the documentary, please ?

Mooserfan likes this.
  10. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Sci-Flyer, Myke and dsdu like this.
  11. rkt88

i dunno. some "down the road"? thing on hulu. not to be confused with late for the sky.

12. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

From the movie’s website:
    OPENS NY & LA JULY 19 – COMING SOON TO A CITY NEAR YOU

JULY 19 — LOS ANGELES • NEW YORK

JULY 26 — CHICAGO • SAN FRANCISCO • WASHINGTON, DC

AUGUST 2 — BOSTON • MINNEAPOLIS • PHILADELPHIA • PHOENIX • SAN DIEGO

AUGUST 9 — AUSTIN • DALLAS • DENVER • HOUSTIN • MIAMI • SEATTLE

AUGUST 16 — HONOLULU • PORTLAND • ST. LOUIS

AUGUST 23 — ATLANTA • MADISON • MILWAUKEE

AUGUST 30 — CHARLOTTE • CINCINNATI • CLEVELAND • COLUMBUS • DAYTON • DETROIT • INDIANAPOLIS • KANSAS CITY • NEW ORLEANS • PITTSBURGH • RALEIGH • SALT LAKE CITY

Chris DeVoe and Chrome_Head like this.
  13. Myke

Thanks. We've got a lot of docs this year.

rkt88 likes this.
  14. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Sci-Flyer likes this.
  15. Myke

16. rkt88

life has relegated me to watching people mangle history vis a vis la rock and roll in tv docs. game shows are next.
    which reminds me of a jackson lyric.

"The kid's in shock up and down the block
    The folks are home playing beat the clock
    Down at the golden cup
    They set the young ones up
    Under the neon light
    Selling day for night
    It's alright..."

a song referencing a gay coffee shop. swell. ha!

but i am waiting with baited breath for the *new* laurel canyon doc soon to be released. that will be full of "artistic license" i am SURE.

Duke Fame likes this.
  17. slosaint

slosaint Forum Resident

Saw Chris Hillman in Santa Barbara a year and a half or so ago. Before he and McGuinn toured Sweetheart. Crosby came out and added harmony to Turn! Turn! Turn! early in the show.

Crosby has said for years that he would love to reunite with the surviving Byrd members but McGuinn has no interest.

rkt88 and The MEZ like this.
  18. rkt88

here's one for ya. i just watched it and was happy to see ol pop before holzman. wtf! are henry rollins and perry feral doing in a doc of the 1st doors lp. whew.

anyway. here's my pop at 9:30 in the clip. trying to explain why columbia couldn't make it happen. he probably could have, but hey. sometimes **** just doesn't happen.

19. Dok

Dok Senior Member

A Child’s Garden of Jackson Browne – Rolling Stone Your Dad is in here as well as some things about Crosby. RS use to be a decent mag for the times. ;)

rkt88 likes this.
  20. JoshM

JoshM Forum Resident

rkt88 likes this.
  21. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

Et voila. People like Nash and Neil don't live ordinary lives. They've been pampered like small children for 50 years.

22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

opinions:

DVD/blu-ray release....christmas?

23. rkt88

24. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident

Crosby, Wilson, Keef and Ozzy would survive a nuclear strike. Probably start trying to smoke the cockroaches.

25. rkt88

that's amusing. the anecdote of "judy" opening the door as she thought someone was "choking" is hilarious.

people think i am kidding when i say i had early onset ptsd from hearing a young jackson "writing/rehearsing" in the room next to mine. RS conveniently left me out of the article but it was the "proximity" that caused me grief too. :rolleyes: thanks for sharing that. i had never seen it.

phyllis, jackson's GF/wife was drop dead gorgeous. a tragic situation that was.

Dok likes this.