Toy Story 4 - June 21/2019

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

2 was pointless. The best thing about number 1 was Woody and Buzz not getting along. In number 2 everyone loved each other, it didn't really have a hook. 3 was better, Lostso and the crew where much more interesting than Stinky Pete.

No way 2 or 3 are funnier than 1

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Me too! And on this forum, the character of the toy collector/seller should really resonate;) I'm not clamoring for another sequel but it could be a home run. What @englishbob said about Lasseter concerns me.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  3. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

I'm not a supporter of any of his supposed misdoings, but the fact remains that the talent of the man isn't connected with how he conducts himself. At least that what I think it should be anyway.

His appointment as the head of Disney Animated Studios, followed by a massive resurgence and turnaround in Disney's performance, can't be a co-incidence.

forthlin likes this.
  4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

It's a little different with Toy Story franchise where the the toys actually voice the concerns of the parents, i.e., of dedication to the child and fear that the child will grow into adulthood and not need them anymore. So it appeals to kids and parents for different reasons. In other Pixar movies there is simply more effort to tell the story in a way that works on the kids' level and the adults' level. Maybe the best example is Inside Out, where you can watch it as just an entertaining animated film with a bunch of colorful characters, or as a by-the-book display of cognitive science.

Deuce66 likes this.
  5. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

Keanu Reeves has a role in TS4 it would be funny if it was a John Wick type role, probably not.

[​IMG]

MikaelaArsenault and Twinsfan007 like this.
  6. AKA

AKA Senior Member

7. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Where's the "unlike" button?

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The plot seems really interesting. And I can't believe how good CGI has gotten.

MikaelaArsenault and Chris DeVoe like this.
  9. Chris DeVoe

OK, I'm tearing up. God Only Knows was the cherry on top.

10. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I wonder if the song is featured in the movie or just being used in the trailer. How cool would it be if GOK became a hit again!

MikaelaArsenault and Chris DeVoe like this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

I do have to say, the animated ventriloquist dummies are probably going to be nightmare fuel for me as a recovering ventriloquist.

Etienne Hanratty likes this.
  12. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Oh, we've GOT to get one of those.
    I'd probably burn mine out in minutes......

13. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

Love all films, Pixar have been slightly off the boil in recent years and trailer looks like this will be another hit.

14. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

Where's the "unlike" button? ;)

15. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

While I think the trailer gave a bit too much away (a problem with many modern films), I do think it looks like another great film in the series. While I thought Toy Story 3 was a wonderful ending for the series, I cannot deny that I'm looking forward to spending more time with Woody, Buzz and the rest of the gang.

Cokelike- and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. Deuce66

Duke Caboom!!!

We've known that Keanu Reeves was joining the wildly popular Disney/Pixar franchise, but today the company revealed which character the Canadian actor will be voicing: Duke Caboom. According to the studio, Caboom is a "1970s toy based on Canada's greatest stuntman. Riding his powerful Caboom stunt-cycle, Duke is always prepared to show off his stunt poses with confidence and swagger."

[​IMG]

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

18. Chris DeVoe

19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The impression is that they had enough outtakes over the previous 3 films that they could piece together snippets that would still give Rickles' character the ability to talk. The veteran comedian was confined to a wheelchair for the last 5 years of his life, but he could still speak reasonably well. I dunno if they were able to record him before he died in early 2017, but my guess is that the script would not have been ready back then... but I've been wrong before.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I got my tickets for June 20th in Dolby Cinema!

I just hope the pre-movie short is just that, SHORT.

21. Matthew

Matthew Senior Member

Ya called it (NSFW):

22. Deuce66

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  23. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

Have you seen Coco? That movie is fantastic, one of the best things Pixar has ever done.

24. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I didn’t see it in a theatre but my wife said seeing it on the big screen was awesome. Love the movie, though.

My favorite Pixar movie is....Ratatouille :hide:

25. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Mine too.

Zoot Marimba and Boomy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.