Bob Dylan "Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Tour Recordings" (14CD box set; 7th June 2019)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeeThomaz, Mar 6, 2019.

1. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

Whew, well, you're a more indulgent fan than i my friend terrible acting i feel, an interesting exercise but it doesn't reveal anything for me about the road. I found Larry Sloman's On The Road book really puts you there, at least for me. I still got a copy on VHS floating around of R&S and haven't felt the urge to pop it in since that format was in vogue! (and it's not like i'm not invested in that era, hell, i've got one of them brass buckles!;-) Glad someone really enjoys it tho'!

[​IMG]

2. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

Still kinda reeling from hearing Easy & Slow the other day via the NPR stream. Was totally transfixed, i got a big huge time weakness for Bob doing covers, 'specially ones from old ballads like that. Giving voice to the songs rattling around his head, irresistible ...

3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Me, too. I don't like the song at all and I'm not blown away by the performance. Obviously, I'm in a minority of one and I'll live with that. Maybe I'm just a foo-well...

philly67 likes this.
  4. Dave Gilmour's Cat

Dave Gilmour's Cat Forum Resident

Glad it’s not just me. I never listen to advance previews. Just want to hear the whole thing in its entirety when it’s released.

5. Adam Schellin

Adam Schellin Forum Resident

shipping notices soon.

6. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

Hey, don't go beating up on yourself for what you like, that's a terrible alley to be walking in. Everybody isn't supposed to like everything all the time, nothing would mean much if it did. And to be honest, at this point in me listening to it, what moves me most is that he played it then and put it out for consumption now, not that it cracks any mystery around him or anything, but how he's still got a dialogue with those old songs. It's definitely not in the Golden Vanity level to me, at least not yet.

So, sorry bud, you ain't no fool to sticking to your guns! Wha? You don't just wanna mind of your own?!?!?:tiphat:

SPARTACUS likes this.
  7. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

My shipping notice has shipped

NumberEight likes this.
  8. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

My shipping notice that my shipping notice has shipped has shipped. ;)

HominyRhodes likes this.
  9. Percy Song

:) Oh, you don't have to worry about me - my mind is definitely my own. No one else would want it, believe me... :cheers:

philly67 and HominyRhodes like this.
  10. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I got free shipping.

11. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

In preparing its spot on my shelf, has anyone posted the dimensions of the outer box? The pictures suggest the outside height of the box is CD size.

pcox80 likes this.
  12. Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley America’s Favorite Game Show Host

I just shipped my pants.

13. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I noticed.

CBackley and Guy Smiley like this.
  14. Jack

Jack Senior Member

What looks large in the distance, close up ain’t never that big.

15. I don’t like everything, but I do need to hear it. This era has cocaine all over it, for better or worse.

16. Percy Song

Badlands has posted some photos:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Percy Song

"Initial orders smashed Sony's expectations but more stock has been guaranteed and will be available for the release date of 7th June. However the stock is still likely to run out quickly..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. onlyconnect

onlyconnect The prose and the passion

The 1966 recordings box is still in stock. So my advice is: don't panic!

Tim

Jimmy B. likes this.
  19. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

But in theory this could have a smaller run because the 1966 box hasn’t sold out

20. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Didn’t initial run of that box sell out as well? I seem to remember mass panic for that one on release day

21. Percy Song

Yes, much like this box, the initial run of "The 1966 Live Recordings" sold out on pre-orders. I think it took a week...

22. Percy Song

23. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

As others have mentioned, it was reprinted (perhaps more than once). In fact, unlike the more elaborate Bootleg Series boxes, it seems the streamlined packaging of the 1966 box makes it economically viable to keep it in print indefinitely and I imagine it’ll be the same for the RTR set.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  24. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member Thread Starter

25. appearcomposed

appearcomposed Forum Resident