Good deals on eBay : Post the hot deals you find on eBay.com here

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

boboquisp, Nephrodoc and Reese like this.
  2. ENelson409

ENelson409 Forum Resident

Per Steel Woole in the Cinco No. 2 thread in the music forum: "Kevin Gray cut all but Deguello, which is the previous Chris Bellman cut. Discs pressed at MPO."

3. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Great price for this box. I contemplated pulling the trigger but I'm just not quite enough of a fan. The Six Pack set plus Elimator, all on CD, seem to do the trick for me.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

You need to abandon the Six Pack set and pick up The Complete Studio Albums box set. The remixes on the Six Pack are attrocious. You've never really heard ZZ Top unless you've heard the original mixes.

Hymie the Robot, marcb and Reese like this.
  5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

ugh i have originals of all the zz's except recycler and after but that price is so cheap to get to compare the original cut on duolego

6. DarrenMcCall

DarrenMcCall Forum Resident

7. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

DarrenMcCall likes this.
  8. DarrenMcCall

Haha. I don’t think I’ll ever top that one!

9. DarrenMcCall

10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Mine just went back. Two albums were warped (playable, but visibly warped) and a third was borderline. The culprit was Deguello. The innersleeve was folded over a bit and almost hanging out of the cover creating a bulge. I think the force of that being shrink wrapped didn't allow the LP's to lie flat.

I'll have to wait for another sale.

11. marcb

marcb Senior Member

That stinks. Hopefully that’s just a one-off occurrence. Mine is supposed to be delivered Thursday I think.

12. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Did they charge you for return shipping?

13. Dan

Dan Senior Member

No. Free return postage from ImportCD's.

Leviathan likes this.
  14. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that. I got mine today and everything was flat and perfect. Nice set

15. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

same here. two warped albums... same culprit...

16. Tedw9

Tedw9 No More Mr. Nice Guy

Thanks for the heads up about this, I just cracked mine open and found the same thing, same albums. Even though it irritates me that there is some warping, I’m keeping mine. It was borderline, but it played and sounds fine.

17. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

It must be because of the creased inner sleeve. Mine wasn’t creased and it’s flat.

Tedw9 likes this.
  18. Tedw9

Tedw9 No More Mr. Nice Guy

I do believe you are correct. My sleeve was crinkled and bunched a bit inside the sleeve. Caused mild warping and slight warping on a second record.

Dan likes this.
  19. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

My box has a crushed corner and the album sleeves are slightly damaged as well. I need to check the albums out this week toes if any are warped. They might go back anyway because of the corner crunch.

20. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Cinco # 2, 3" long crease/ding thingy on the box. Asked for a return label and new copy.

21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You'll get the return label but not a new copy. ImportCDs doesn't roll that way even if they still have the item in stock (they don't ship a replacement, you'd have to reorder).

However, in this case, Cinco #dos es no mas.

DLD and JasonA like this.
  22. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Replying to myself - the same warped albums as others but the other titles are slightly warped also. The crushed corner went about 1/2" into the album covers (yes I measured, ha). I probably won't keep the set. ImportCD's offered a refund of $8 though. Tempting but I don't know. Nice thick slabs of vinyl. Too bad none are flat.

23. marcb

marcb Senior Member

My Deguello inner sleeve was kinda messed up too. I think it’s because the outer sleeve isn’t quite to spec and it’t too big on one side - leaving a bulged opening for the inner sleeve to get messed up (if that makes sense).

Otherwise my box is fine - but I haven’t time to clean and play the records to see if any are warped. I use a clamp so warps generally aren’t too much of a problem unless it’s a severe warp.

24. DarrenMcCall

25. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.