Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Discussion. What Can We Expect?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark Fricke, Sep 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

I had no idea Mark L was banished by George and Yoko?? Over what?? I thought the burned bridge was with Paul since he was on Paul's staff in the 90's and left...........?

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I assume Lewisohn will play 'Carnival Of Light' once. If this won't get a release then this is the only opportunity (for now).

3. segue

segue Psychoacoustic Member

4. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

andrewskyDE and mikecarrera like this.
  5. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

6. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

He was banished. Mark has spoken openly about it in several recent interviews.

Olivia and Dhani is honering Georges wish never to let Mark near official Beatles stuff ever again.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  7. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

From the article;

Q:Now that you finished up 18 months of work on this, people are wondering if you’re going to go back into a Beatles project. So is there anything you can say about what you will or won’t be doing next?
    A:Obviously not. Obviously, I can’t. Probably is the answer. [Laughs.] They won’t let me free for too long. But… obviously it’s an honor to step into Abbey Road and work on any of their albums or any of their projects. So, yeah, I can’t obviously now talk about it. But yeah, there’s always things going on.

8. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

Maybe a Stereo Vinyl Box mastered AAA? ;)

kronning likes this.
  9. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

If there will be an Abbey Road box this fall, it has absolutely been done and in the can for quite some time. Probably before the WA 50th came out.

10. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I take this as a good sign ---> "But yeah, there’s always things going on."

:-popcorn:

11. anthony_beat

anthony_beat Forum Resident

Giles has no right to disclose information about upcoming releases. He denied the release of the WA50, Pepper50.

I'd rather hope for Paul. Last year, it was his interview that shed light on the release of the White Album.

12. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

There was mention of George Harrison and George Martin/EMI contract details.

Monasmee likes this.
  13. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

Please “there was mention” more! :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  14. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

This thread is reminiscent of the White Album thread from last year. Getting to the same point where we are all getting antsy and awaiting news, some disbelievers, others confident it will be released. The thread is starting to simmer nicely and the instant Mike or Macca comes back with an inkling it’s all go, this place is gonna pop. Love it. This forum is great. I chat to my wife about this stuff and she looks at me like I’m mental.

15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Shaddam IV and Monasmee like this.
  16. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Here's the Beatles-related part. Obviously vague and probably refers to working on the NEXT release... that being Let It Be@50. Work on THAT project started several years ago. So yea, the sets will continue. And as briefly mentioned in the article, Abbey Road @50 might be a 4th quarter release. Nothing set in stone, but this MAY be the reason rumors have yet to surface to date. Why not a September release? Simply put, sales are always increased nearing Christmas. Not a definite answer by any stretch, but a possible reason. Ron

Now that you finished up 18 months of work on this, people are wondering if you’re going to go back into a Beatles project. So is there anything you can say about what you will or won’t be doing next?

Obviously not. Obviously, I can’t. Probably is the answer. [Laughs.] They won’t let me free for too long. But… obviously it’s an honor to step into Abbey Road and work on any of their albums or any of their projects. So, yeah, I can’t obviously now talk about it. But yeah, there’s always things going on.

PS Sorry Gypsy, I didn't notice you posted the same quote!

17. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

mrjinks likes this.
  18. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Indeed -- @mikecarrera told us over a year ago now that Apple was already working on "the next box" -- widely assumed to be Abbey Road.

50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

Mike pretty much confirmed this last August when he said plainly that the Abbey Road box was already underway...

50th Anniversary all things Beatles White Album

19. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

20. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Things have changed for some reason, we don't know exactly which one but another project is set to be released (as I've told you guys, I've seen it) near the end of this year so now we don't know what's going on with AR50th, we will find out soon, I still have hopes but it's difficult to get two products almost at the same time, still we are awaiting for news.

And by the way, just as a curiosity, when last year Paul told in an interview about WA50th around May or June I don't remember, he added: IT'S NOT ready yet, bla bla bla, well, that WA50th Box set WAS ready since March 2018, including prices, configurations, etc, etc, maccawings won't let me lie, advance copies of some tracks were out around May 2018, promotional intervews started June 2018, etc, so it's funny to read when someone is telling a tiny lie trying not to let the people know things before it's time.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  21. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Appreciate the clarity Mike, as ever.

Wingsfan2012, AllenR and mikecarrera like this.
  22. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

Regards Ron. There is ANOTHER thing to be released for the Christmas market and it's NOT AR50th. If it's not released by late September, won't be released at least this year I'm afraid, the other project is finished, release date set, all set, looks beautiful by the way.

23. Cristiano Cortellazzi

Cristiano Cortellazzi Forum Resident

This forum is great, indeed.

I love following it while things are developing and hints on a new release pop up here and there, so I'm enjoying it every minute at this current state. Then the WHATEVER IT IS box set comes out, and it's marvellous to read every post until everyone has received the parcel.

And then, sorry guys, everyone starts complaining/moaning/crying about this and that, this track, that stereo mix, that thing could've been done better, if only Apple had listened to me etc... and that is the precise moment when I stop reading the forum, for a few months :hide::uhhuh:

24. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

An announcement on that project this summer? Or later?

25. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Thanks for these things to say today :D

omikron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.