Tool Planning to Remaster and Reissue All of their Albums for Vinyl Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PJJK, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

I have a feeling based on these two tracks that it's going to be an epic album, and will very likely be what people are expecting.

VinylMario and Admerr like this.
  2. Chrome_Head

I can't handle these multi-day event shows anymore, even back then. And to think it was mostly manageable out there that year in terms of the crowds--I haven't been back to Coachella since and it's probably quite a clusterf*ck of people now.

I did get to see Gnarls Barkley, Massive Attack, Dungen, and a few seconds of Mogwai (missed them because my gf at the time had to see Madonna) in addition to Tool, so I left very satisfied.

iworkatinitech and wickedwatson like this.
  3. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

Same. It's not often we get to experience a new Tool album. There's just no way I'm going to sour it by listening to low quality concert recordings.

4. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Thanks. I'll hold off.

Yeah I read the whole thread and couldn't believe it was Adam posting. Was that ever confirmed? I can't imagine someone wasting their time pretending to be a 'rock star', then again I once spent a day adding star ratings to every one of the 10,000 songs in my iTunes library. :laugh:

Admerr and Chrome_Head like this.
  5. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

I see no reason to think it wasn't him. He seemed genuine.

richbdd01, Ryan_Pretzel and Tullman like this.
  6. Chrome_Head

I kinda think it was him too. I'd see other posts of his elsewhere in other threads praising stuff like King Crimson.

Who knows, it could just be anyone really. But Adam seems to be as much a fan of music as he is a fan of film, wrestling and comics, and it wouldn't surprise me if he found his way here somehow. Pretty rad if true, I hope we gave him some good opinions on how the reissues should be.

Grow Fins likes this.
  7. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Someone suggested to him AAA releases. I forget if he replied, but I hope he takes it into serious consideration!

VinylMario likes this.
  8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

From what I read, I believe Adam would have AAA audiophile pressing if it were left up to him. Of course, that's not the case.

9. Chrome_Head

"Adam" begins responding to this very thread here: Tool Planning to Remaster and Reissue All of their Albums for Vinyl Release

10. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

VinylMario, rob303 and Vinyl Addict like this.
  11. rob303

rob303 Forum Resident

Listened to “Descending” from Rockville 3x since last night and “Invincible” once. I am so excited and hope this album will produce ~120 minutes of material. Hopefully my fellow Denver voters pull through tonight on the boomers, cuz the timing would be perfect!

VinylMario and Admerr like this.
  12. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Well, just listened to both tracks, quite bold to release 2 new 11+ minutes tracks LIVE supposedly off the new album. They knew the tracks were going to be all over, so no need to release "singles" :)
    If these 2 end up like this on the album, I'm in!

VinylMario likes this.
  13. cripps

cripps Well-Known Member

The new album is being released on 30 August according to the band’s twitter.

jazon likes this.
  14. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Sweet, a tangible release date! Being reported that they announced it first live at the show then on Twitter, very cool marketing plan haha.

Tool confirm release date for long-awaited new album

lordfalconer likes this.
  15. wickedwatson

wickedwatson Forum Resident

16 weeks to prep my listening room!
    Was not expecting to have to wait until the end of August, but it's nice having an actual date.
    I've seen it suggested that the delay could have something to do with having vinyl/bundles ready for the initial release.
    Makes sense to me. A long time has passed since 2006. Vinyl has become more of a staple.
    There could also be delays rolling out the catalogue for streaming.

lordfalconer likes this.
  16. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

At last GOOD news.

lordfalconer likes this.
  17. lordfalconer

lordfalconer Forum Resident

Well I’m almost 100% sure the world is ending on August 29th now :laugh:

mestreech likes this.
  18. Skip Scuffmarks

Skip Scuffmarks Forum Resident

I envision phantasmagoric artwork and a high quality black vinyl pressing. No trendy variants. Just one singular work of art for us all to enjoy for decades. Seems appropriate for Tool.

19. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

At this point, I really only care about the sound. Give us AAA, pressed at one of the quality plants on heavy black vinyl.

I’m sure Adam will do something incredible with the artwork but give us the best sound possible. I’m so tired of my bootlegs...

20. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

I was in a very Tool mood yesterday so I decided - out of desperation - to order Lateralus on the vinyl picture disk. Knowing that I would likely be dissapointed, I ordered through Amazon knowing I could return it.

Having received the vinyl and given it a play, the most frustrating thing about it is that there is a damn fine sounding slab of vinyl hidden in here. But is just a horrendous pressing. I have never purchased or really seen a picture disc before but there are numerous little white scratch marks on the surface of the records. Side two is particularly bad. Playback is noisy as hell and the quieter moments are just ruined as a result. I gave Ticks and Leeches (my favourite Tool track) a loud blast and the beginning and ending part of the song sound superb. The pummeling drums fair shake the room, the chugging guitar is incredibly in your face and Maynard's vocals just smash through your head. It sounds exactly like it should. And then you get to the beautiful and eerie mid section of the song which instantly reveals all the flaws of the pressing. The atmosphere of the piece is ruined by constant clicks, ticks and pops. So frustrating. If this has been pressed properly it would have been a treat.

Tomorrow it will go back to Amazon. Oh well, worth a shot....

21. musictoad

musictoad Forum Resident

It's funny. I read and see all the cliches about Tool fans. And I'm sure Tool hates much of their own fanbase because they think they are so edgy or whatever. So what do they do? They feed into the stereotype. Instead of giving them a no frills great sounding release, they go the Hot Topic route and release a freaking picture disc.

Sometimes I wish I didn't like the band's music so much.

iworkatinitech and xfilian like this.
  22. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Tool should do something along the lines of what Split Endz did in the mid 80's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

James Bennett likes this.
  23. s13coupe

s13coupe Well-Known Member

Any ideas when a pre-order will be announced?

eric777 likes this.
  24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Another false alarm. ^^^

25. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Tool are coordinating with the leprechaun union to have them deliver the remasters and the new album on unicorns.

Tullman likes this.