Saint Marie Records (shoegaze/dreampop label): 50% off until 6/2

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jamesc, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member Thread Starter

Saint Marie Records

Orders over $30 get a 50% discount until Sunday at Midnight Central. Pre-orders are excluded from the sale although some appear to be discounted anyway. No code needed, just add more than $30 into your cart and the discount should show.

They recently got burned by Pledge Music on some For Against reissues so hopefully they're not in financial trouble. I don't really know the band but the samples sound good so I ordered the 3CD set.

They also reissued some Secret Shine material a couple of years ago and I don't know if it's standard procedure for them but a couple of things I noticed:

- I received a download card with each of the three Secret Shine LPs I ordered and they offer FLAC files as an option
    - The tracks I compared on the Greater Than God EP with those on their new Singles comp have identical DR values and appear to be straight transfers from the out of print original CD (which is great news in my book!)

They're out of stock on the first Secret Shine album but they have the Singles and their latest album, There Is Only Now on colored vinyl for $9 each with the sale. Their latest is quite good so check it out if you like the genre.

They've got a series of sampler CDs that are a great introduction to the label. I recommend Static Waves 3 because it's a 3CD set with one disc devoted to Slowdive covers. The discount doesn't apply to the samplers but they're already a steal at $6.

rararabbits and aperfecttool like this.
  2. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

Hey all, Anyone ordered from this site previously and can tell me their normal response times? I placed an order on May 29th and so far not even a squeak except for the automated order confirmation email. I am guessing they probably got a ton of orders in due to the sale. Thanks!

HappyJack likes this.
  3. jamesc

I haven't received any updates either so I checked on an order I placed when they had a 50% off sale last year and it was nine days before I received a shipping confirmation. I don't know much about the label but I get the impression it's just a couple of people and I think they get overwhelmed during these sales.

4. whatnow?

whatnow? Forum Resident

I also ordered on May 29. I’ve since sent them a couple of emails inquiring about my order but have not received a response to either one of them. Needless to say I’m concerned.

5. jamesc

Hopefully, they're just swamped. I'll just have my credit card reverse the charge if they don't come through.

6. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I will probably wait until next week, I have sent them several emails as well with no response. So either they are swamped or just do not have the items in stock. Sucks cause I liked many of their albums and had ended up ordering like 25 of them !!

7. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

No responses so far from the seller so unfortunately had to open a PayPal claim today :(

8. jamesc

Shoot, now I'm sorry I brought this sale to everyone's attention. At least PayPal is usually very good about taking care of the buyer in these situations.

9. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

no worries at all, the music is good so thanks for that, I ended up putting in an order for 25 of them at 7 bucks average which is a great deal as some of them are really obscure and hard to find, if only they would just ship it!

jamesc likes this.
  10. whatnow?

whatnow? Forum Resident

Guess I’m gonna have to call my bank tomorrow. Pity.

11. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

I checked their social media pages and, surprisingly, nobody has commented about the lack of follow-through on this sale.

I actually did get a response from an email I sent on the 7th, and a Wyatt E. Perkins said it would go out the next week........crickets since then.

12. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

I did tweet at them but received no response; PayPal gives them another 10 days to respond after opening the claim. It's just my bad luck that this is the 3rd active claim I have open currently and all of them seem to have just vanished from the face of the inter-web after taking my money lol

13. manicpopthrill

I saw that Jeff Runnings (singer/bassist of For Against) "liked" the FB post of the sale. Wonder if he could apply some pressure?

14. manicpopthrill

My meek and mild inquiry paid off. Mine appears to be in the possession of the USPS!

jamesc likes this.
  15. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

haha yes, my PayPal case was scheduled to close tomorrow, if the seller didn't respond, but today it got updated miraculously with a tracking number (USPS is still not in possession of the box though).

jamesc and manicpopthrill like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.