Elvis at the International Hotel Las Vegas 1969 Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by emjel, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage1976

Vintage1976 Way Out West

Maybe, I'm hearing it differently. His voice is definitely distinctive in the mix, but, at the same time sharing the spot light with the band? My take...

RSteven likes this.
  2. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Has this set been confirmed?

a release date announced?

what does it look like?

I have all the official 1969 releases, but I'll buy a box-set.
    I bought the LP Elvis at the International at RSD 2019; I think it's from August 23.
    No doubt the same show will be included in the CD box-set.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  3. emjel

emjel Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well the hype sticker on the label of the LP you just bought should be good enough for confirmation.
    Why do you only think the show is from the 23rd August. The date is on the LP sleeve you just bought.
    No firm date of release but as it is for the 50th Anniversary of Elvis’ return to Vegas in August 69, it will probably second week of December 2021.
    No idea what the box looks like as we have no idea what the set will included. It could be all 12 recorded shows or just selected shows. If the former it will be a bigger box than if it is the latter which will be smaller.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  4. thenobs70

thenobs70 Forum Resident

5. emjel

A couple of European sites have it priced at around €125.00. That really is too much just to get four or five unreleased shows especially as there is very little variation from one show to the next. It’ll be a pass from me unless they can get that price down to around €90. The box cover looks like a coloured version of the recent RSD vinyl. Not sure if it is just a colourised version though.

6. Richard--W

7. rxcory

rxcory proud jazz band/marching band parent

Thanks for the skillful detective work, Columbo!

RSteven and MRamble like this.
  8. thenobs70

thenobs70 Forum Resident

No

windfall likes this.
  9. thenobs70

thenobs70 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PPVVYMQ/

10. emjel

In actual fact, there are not any shows entirely unreleased as the one they refer to was put out for RSD. There are three shows that are being issued in full that have not been previously released completely with previously released songs that were scattered around on other releases.

11. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I don't have any of the Follow That Dream releases, only the Legacy ones from the past ten years or so when they started, so I think almost all of this material will be new to me.
    The set looks pretty awesome.

SteveM, laf848 and RSteven like this.
  12. Richard--W

That's the box-set I've been waiting for.

Is there no film or video from Elvis's residency at the International in 1969?

I was hoping they'd include some footage on a DVD / blu-ray in this set.

13. emjel

None that has ever surfaced during the last 50 years, not even at the press conference. And if there was, that would be a major selling point that they would certainly not omit in the marketing stuff. Nope it is just those 11 discs and a book and if the photo can be believed, the box may only be an 8" variant and not a 12" box. But I hope not and at the price quoted will put me off making a purchase. I hate these little booklets that are so crammed full of info and cuttings that you need a magnifying glass to read things properly ;)

Richard--W likes this.
  14. pseudopod

pseudopod Dig Yourself

Oddly, that Amazon link above is gone.

15. emjel

Yes, a few Amazon sites have removed the item.

16. GillyT

GillyT Forum Resident

I wish!!!! Another stupid, short-sighted decision by the fat man unfortunately.

Richard--W likes this.
  17. emjel

Apparently, Elvis himself did not want any filming or recordings made during the first week or so as he was nervous enough. That’s why there are no RCA shows available earlier than around the third week of August.

Spencer R and Richard--W like this.
  18. Richard--W

Oh well. I'm getting this box-set. You bet I am.
    I don't suppose there will ever be a 1970 tours box-set.

Vinyl_Blues and laf848 like this.
  19. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I checked a couple of Elvis sites and no official news yet so presumably as they did with the Dylan Rolling Thunder Mr Amazon jumped the gun. Not to worry the set will no doubt be along at some point. I too am hoping for a 12 inch box to match the 68 and TTWII boxes.
    Re 1970 -a year of shows I actually prefer to 69 -I am not sure what else Sony/FTD/Elvis estate have that has not yet been released assuming they do not use audience tapes. I don't work for Sony but the TTWII box is a lovely product and you get both versions of the film along with the shows.

laf848 likes this.
  20. emjel

You are correct ~ there won’t be as RCA only recorded at the 2nd and 3rd Vegas seasons and we have had all of that. The only thing that we might get for a 50th Anniversary is Elvis On Tour, but only if Warners and Sony can reach an agreement or they think there is a big enough market. The fanbase is gradually shrinking and in three years time will be a little smaller. Longtime fans will not be too bothered by then if an On Tour box is released or not. The casual record buyer probably won’t care a damn about a few On Tour shows as they offer no significant historical interest.

21. Dark Horse 77

22. emjel

That is not an official Sony announcement regarding this box set although I doubt there will be much, if any, variation on that listing of recorded shows. Full details outside of those made several posts further up where it shows the actual discs and artwork are the only details that have been provided by Sony at the moment to sellers although it appears that those sellers may have jumped the gun a bit as the details on various Amazon sites have been taken down.

23. Dark Horse 77

Seems to be a common practice on Amazon, as this happens frequently. I think we'll be seeing the set details back up soon enough.

24. emjel

Let’s hope they have a rethink on price especially as this looks like an 8" box and not a 12" one.

Dark Horse 77 likes this.
  25. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

That The Way It Is deluxe set has several shows on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.