Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heartfelt best wishes. You’re a great asset and friend to the forum.

rontoon and SteveFff like this.
  2. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Glad to hear everything went well and wish you a quick and complete recovery! Appreciate what you bring to us Pink Floyd fans on the forum and look forward to not just TLY but discussing many more future releases with you :)

3. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Take it easy - your contributions to this and other Floyd threads have practically been a public service!

4. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Oh man, scary, so glad you're ok.

5. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Glad to hear you'll be fine. All the best!

rontoon likes this.
  6. Sevoflurane

Sevoflurane Forum Resident

Get well soon! Had I been giving the sedation i’d have tweaked the drugs to get the truth out of you!

rontoon likes this.
  7. xXFloydianXx

xXFloydianXx One Slip, and down the hole we fall

If I'm giving off a negative impression of this set, pay no mind, I'm actually really excited for this set tbh. The thought of having an official and restored DSOT in HD is plenty of reason to buy this.

8. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

It's okay to have some degree of disappointment already but... nothing in details was announced yet and some people here already gave up on the content. Just be a bit more patient, friends.

RangerXT, pablorkcz, Runicen and 7 others like this.
  9. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

Exactly!
    I'm overly excited to finally getting this concert in HD! And if we get Venice and Knebworth as will that'll be icing on the top for me! I really like this era (1987-1990) and I don't think it has been represented very well tbh. Yes we have VHS/Laserdisc and CD/Vinyl/Cassette editions of it, but they are not complete, plus the edition on the video is very dated. My hope is that's it has been re-edited and presented in widescreen format for a more modern look.
    I'm also hoping to get some demos from the 3 albums.
    Oh, and a modern mix of Momentary Lapse would also be VERY nice :)

RangerXT, Runicen, rontoon and 2 others like this.
  10. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

Pink Floyd Fan = Patience pure

zinan likes this.
  11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Thanks for all the well wishes. Damn, didn't mean to derail this thread. Here's a thank you to you all. AFAIK, Peace Be With You should be included as a bonus track unless it gets pulled. Looking forward to finally hearing it.

St. Troy, Simon A, Rekkerds and 27 others like this.
  12. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Hoping for a nice and speedy recovery for you Ron. It's great having you part of this forum.

rontoon likes this.
  13. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

since @rontoon thanked two times already and tried to get us all back to the TLY party again, I'll start:

La carretera panamericana.
    Im a little suspicious, dont know why, this will not be on the set. But if it make there what is more probable: the video (unlikely i say, and not my whish at all) or just the music (all the material or just the unreleased)?

tommyball and rontoon like this.
  14. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

It will not be included AFAIK.

Simon A and Luisboa like this.
  15. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Pretty simple. DG doesn't want it included for reasons I'm not comfortable mentioning.

St. Troy, Simon A, RangerXT and 5 others like this.
  16. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

Best regards.

rontoon likes this.
  17. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

Hum, ok. Probably you have said that already but i've missed it, sorry. But some echoes probably have reache me since I was already under that impression. Its a pitty I say. I know we are not talking here of a masterpiece but is almost the only studio music (besides demos) in that period that is still unrealeased.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    tommyball and NunoBento like this.
  18. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

I can't make sense of this. I mean, I get why he's uncomfortable with the film itself, but do not understand why he does not want the music to be out there.
    myself, I would be well without the film and just wanted the audio with the complete tracks that were used on the film. That's it.

of course now the ship has sailed, but it would be pretty cool if one of the discs on the set was called "Yet Another Movie" and gathered all these unreleased tracks that were used on movies in these era (meaning: La Carrera Panamericana, Fractals and the other one whose name escapes me). That would have been a GREAT disc.

19. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

a BIG LIKE to that

20. ZEP77

ZEP77 Houston/Pontiac '77 Video. Where are you?

You guys have been getting/still getting lots of goodies. Try being a Led Zeppelin fan.

21. Luisboa

Luisboa Forum Resident

I thought that LZ had complete box sets for all the albuns, the way i wish Floyd did. Not wanting to derail this thread what was missing on those? (Im only a casual LZ listener)

22. ZEP77

ZEP77 Houston/Pontiac '77 Video. Where are you?

I was referring to live material. The box sets left a LOT to be desired. Most outtakes had minor differences, alluded to live audio/video never came to fruition. Shambolic 50th Anniversary.... I feel your pain when it comes to getting unreleased material from our heros.

Now, back to the Floyd!

superstar19 and Luisboa like this.
  23. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Missing are the real gems - instead you get versions such as "Dazed and confused" (mix with louder hi-hat), "All my love" (mix with quieter keyboards) and "Black dog" (alternate mix with more pronounced Plant's aaaaahs).

:)

24. pinkpurpl

pinkpurpl Forum Resident

That's right.
    But every release was not in that configuration as "we guys" would have done it....

ZEP77 likes this.
  25. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Intrigued. It's supposed to be a sort of goodbye song to Roger Waters but I've read here that there are possibly no vocals. Let's wait and see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.