Anybody have a Barnes and Noble on-line coupon that works?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by jimsumner, Oct 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Why wouldn't I?

2. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

Are B&N cool with being shown the coupon on a phone, or do they expect a printed copy?

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They scanned mine off my phone......no problemo….:bdance:

smarone313, Sammy Banderas and dee like this.
  4. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Because if they were smart the coupon use would be tied to the account and/or credit-card used. I assume your experience suggests otherwise?

5. dee

dee Senior Member

This is true :(
    It's all good :)

Going back to a different store tommorow...
    Anybody see any other cd box set titles?
    Sgt. Peppers Super Deluxe Edition (something just 'wrong' with that phrase!) was in stock.

6. dee

dee Senior Member

This was the counter at the main checkout at the front of the store? If so, I forgot to check there. Sometimes in the past I've seen box sets on display near the checkout. I haven't checked for any this weekend though.

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

This coupon says specifically once per VISIT. If it is a one-time only, the coupon will lock after the first use.

The only thing I didn’t try was using it twice in the same transaction. I pushed the limits otherwise.

8. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

I purchased Phil Collins 4 cd set "Plays Well with Others" for $17.00 after 40% off, 25% coupon, and 10% membership discount

SJP likes this.
  9. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Nice find! I didn't see this set in my travels but for $17, I doubt I'd have passed it up.

Another deal to look out for. The John Lennon Imagine box was not really on my radar. Of his material, I've had a GH CD for years as well as that anthology-style box which I have hardly listened to. Recently I found a sealed copy of the 2 CD version of Double Fantasy for $5.99 and this has kind of piqued my interest in exploring Lennon's solo catalogue more which had tempted me yesterday with the 2 disc version of Imagine. Later, my wife and I were out to dinner last night and found ourselves in a B&N and this store had the Imagine box. List price is $99.99 which makes it $40.50 after the discounts. This one will be under my Christmas tree, as will the White Album box. Yes, I am usually good to pick out a box set or two for my wife to "give" me for Christmas! I know what I like and how to get it for a much more reasonable price than she could if I were to give her a list.

Oh yeah, one more $10 reward card! Now up to $60 :).

The store I went to (Fullerton, CA) is one I don't go to very often. It had been rearranged significantly and no longer housed CD's/vinyl/blu-rays, etc in a separate security controlled area as is how most B&N's are laid out. That section of the stores now has toys and games from what I can tell, and lots of them. Instead, media was in this open area in the middle of the store. Knowing they should have had The White Album box in stock, I had to ask where it was and that is the only way I knew it was behind the main counter at the front of the store. Typically, in the walled-off security controlled area, there is a counter where you can check out (if there is an employee in the area) and this is where most B&N's I have been to store their box sets. Unfortunately, I sometimes see the security wire ribbon wrapped around vinyl boxes in amongst the regular albums which often leads to damage to the product.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  10. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks everyone. They actually had one left this AM.

11. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Thanks for all the sale info. I picked up the White Album deluxe and the Dylan box. Great prices!

12. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Same for me. They didn’t have the Beatles Deluxe White Album set so I settled for the 3-Disc set (White Album + Esher Demos). It was marked $31.99, minus 40% off, minus the 25% coupon. Final price was $14.39. Not too shabby!

longdist01 likes this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ But there is still time, you can drive to another B&N and get TWA in box form which is calling your name! ;)

(Just wasting time this Sunday afternoon combing through the Tom Petty American Treasure box I picked up yesterday, what a treasure indeed!)

14. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

[​IMG]

Hope everyone struck some good deals this weekend.....onward and upward:bdance:

longdist01, PhantomStranger and SJP like this.
  15. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Indeed, that was some unexpected Black Friday fun!

16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Forgot to report my experience.

There was no way I was going to mix it up with Bay Area traffic on Saturday, so I decided to wait until Sunday morning to go in search of some deals. Like many, the closest B&Ns to me do NOT carry CDs (they do carry vinyl and video discs, go figure!). So, I used the online search tool to find stores with the items in stock. Decided which store I was going to, only for it to run out of stock some time on Saturday. So, change of plan, and a trip to the SF peninsula rather than into the East Bay.

As SJP hadn't been arrested for conduct unbecoming a B&N member :)D), I felt confident that I could get the triple-stacker deal if I visited two different stores! :) Both San Bruno and San Mateo stores had the two items I was interested in, so it was a question of which way I wanted to drive: via SF to San Bruno first, or via the San Mateo bridge and home via SF. I opted for the latter since I was looking at their listing on my PC. Store opened at 9 am on Sundays, so that would mean a quiet road trip.

Got to the San Mateo store for 9 am, almost no one around (including staff). Music dept. was upstairs, so rode the escalator up, and walked into the Music Dept. No one else there! As others have reported, the box-sets were behind a counter with a cash register on top. Quickly catching my eye, about half-a-dozen White Album boxes, none with security devices on, though one had the evil Best Buy price sticker on the box sticker issue. Knowing my luck, I would get given that one! :)

Still, there was no one around to ask for help, and I was sure I was on camera, so I'm wondering what to do. After a few minutes, I notice a sign asking customers to take their purchases down to the front counter. So, we could help ourselves. I grabbed a copy of TWA (even though I have not been impressed with what I have heard of it so far, I knew I had to have it for the collection, and especially at this price), and started checking it for dents, etc. Couldn't see anything, but the box felt kind of funny. It was only then that I realized that I had grabbed the vinyl edition!

Fortunately, there were 3 copies of each edition, so I snagged the CD + Blu-Ray edition and made my way downstairs. Handed the item to the cashier, mentioned that my wife was a member, and before I could say anything more he noticed that I had the coupon sticking out of my shirt pocket. Triple-stacked the deals, and I was out of there at 9:10.

It's a short run from San Mateo to San Bruno, so I was already imagining being home by 10 am. Walked up to the store, the door opened and the manager said, "We don't open until 10 o'clock!" WTF? What am I supposed to do in an empty parking lot for 40 minutes? While I was miffed initially, the logical part of my brain finally kicked in, "Hey, that means no one can have come and bought the other item you are looking for." That made me feel a bit better while giant planes, departing from nearby SFO, roared over my head -- hidden by the fog.

10 o'clock eventually came around and the music dept. is right at the entry way. There is a woman working the counter, and I am trying to scan things behind her (including more TWA sets) when my eagle eye caught sight of the Imagine box I wanted (I have been much more impressed with this than TWA). Again, mentioned that my wife was a B&N member, and, with SJP's words ringing in my ears ("Use the coupon!") I handed over another 25% off coupon. Ka-ching. Triple-stack deal again.

When I got home I glanced at my receipts, and discovered that the tax rate in San Mateo (9%) is higher than it is in San Bruno (8.75%). I was stiffed! I am out a whopping $0.09. All the joy of these Black Friday deals suddenly dissipated.

I blame SJP! :laugh:

17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Ha! You have no one to blame but yourself!!!

Glad to hear that all worked out for you.

(awaiting arraignment for for conduct unbecoming a B&N member)

Sammy Banderas likes this.
  18. dee

dee Senior Member

20% off any 1 item in store (check their website) thru 12/19 iirc.

Also an online coupon 20% off $40 or more ttotal.

lightbulb likes this.
  19. dee

dee Senior Member

Didn't 'save' much, but 1 of the area stores has hundreds and hundreds of titles on vinyl so I enjoyed going through them all and making a short list. Got Jeff Beck's Loud Hailer for $18 and change. Average to good online price for that LP, plus no waiting for shipping, and the sleeve looks undamaged. Had the cd from the library so the vinyl has been on my short list to buy, on and off since hearing the cd.

20. john_smith

john_smith New Member

Hey, Thanks for sharing Noble on-line coupon with us.

longdist01 likes this.
  21. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

A 25% off coupon was emailed to members this morning. One time use only.

This might mean a lesser discount (20%?) was emailed to non-members who are on the mailing list.

Edit: there is a 20% coupon on their site. Need to click on the coupons and deals button because it isn’t prominent on the home page.

dee likes this.
  22. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

25% is in store only one one item.

longdist01 likes this.
  23. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Just got an email about member appreciation days May 16-19. Members get 20% off instead of the usual 10%. Appears to be in-store only, as the fine print says “will be doubled to 20% on Barnes and Noble store transactions...”

PhantomStranger, superstar19 and SJP like this.
  24. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Last year from July 20th thru the 22nd B&N had a 50 percent off CD sale. Anyone think they're gonna do it again this year?

dee likes this.
  25. dee

dee Senior Member

I thought I read here recently they had a 30% off all-cd sale a few weekends ago? 50% off again would be sweet though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.