Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I received my 99p Echo this morning. Installed it and then cancelled Amazon Music Unlimited. Job's a good'un.

Almost Simon likes this.
  2. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Ha ha, nice. Assume your second one you raised via a different account? I've selected the free trial followed by £14.99 per month. Will get the wife to do another and i'll sort a 3rd via a different account. Its good promo for amazon and their music service, if I can get 3 Echo Dots for £16 each that works very well for Christmas presents later this year, when typically they go out of stock anyway.

3. culabula

culabula Unread author.

No, all via the same account. My other 4 Echos were all bought since last December via Amazon. The first one was at the bargain price of 25GBP but paid off over five months interest-free. That is how I acquired my next two, but this time they were 29.99 and 69.99 respectively. Then they stopped offering me that interest-free facility to me, even though all three are now paid off, why, I don’t know.

Finally, I got an Echo Input when it was 19.99 for the main hifi system and that was it until today when I got that one for 99p. Next week, I’ll get an Echo Show (new model) over five months, using my son's account.

Your method of acquiring three may well work using different accounts but I think you’d be well advised to use different addresses, because even when I tried to get my sister to buy one Amazon Smartplug for me when they were cheap and send it to me, the system wouldn’t play ball as I’d already got one.

Finally, if these are gifts, remember to tick that option or at least deregister them, once they arrive, or they’ll be linked to your account.

Almost Simon likes this.
  4. Reese

Reese Just because some watery tart threw a sword!

imarcq likes this.
  5. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

It's been £99.99 at whatrecords since before it was released.
    [​IMG]
    The Studio Albums 1967-74 Limited Vinyl 6LP Box Set
    by Traffic

Release Date: 17 May 2019

Format: Box Set Vinyl

Label: UMC/Island

£99.99

superstar19 and Almost Simon like this.
  6. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Very good deal and great packaging, £108 all in price for delivery in UK. Received mine this week, very impressed, will use them again.

7. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Why no "Last Exit"?

Edit : I see " The Studio Albums" is the title. Shame. That is a core album

latheofheaven likes this.
  9. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

10. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

finally got my fiver voucher!

myles, hutlock and latheofheaven like this.
  11. myles

myles Argyle, before you ask ....

With Br*xit it'll only be worth £4.75 now!

12. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

And when you come to use it, don't be surprised to see the following message:

"Customer imarcq has already redeemed that voucher! Thanks for being an Amazon customer. Better luck next time!"

:winkgrin:

13. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Can anyone who received a second voucher for a fiver from Amazon confirm that they were able to use it ?

Mine fails each and every time. Emails to Amazon have fallen on uncomprehending ears. They have invited me to ring them but I’m only going to do so if someone says yes! I used both of mine.

14. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I still haven't had one voucher,:shake: but my friend with two accounts definitely managed to use three of them, not sure about the fourth.

15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Thanks. I’ll ring them tomorrow.

16. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Apologies for the off topic post but is anyone else in North America seeing the Amazon UK postage rates more than doubled suddenly?

17. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Rang and was listened to. They couldn’t sort it out either but gave me another one (which wasn’t an actual code but one of those where a fiver is automatically debited at point of purchase).

Dubmart likes this.
  18. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

Yikes! Just noticed that. Well I may as well close my UK account then. Something would have to be an amazing price to make me order from them now. This is quite recent as I placed two orders in the last week and they were at the old shipping price. One is a pre-order for mid-July.

19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Must be a Canada thing because shipping to the USA is still £3.08.

slipkid and Jimijam like this.
  20. popmat

popmat Forum Resident

Curiously, the marketplace orders are still showing the lower shipping rate.

21. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Thanks, that's what I was wondering.

22. jrice

jrice Senior Member

Not sure what is going on with Canadian orders. Tried having a chat with them but got nowhere. Maybe other Canadians can give it a try. Back to the "deals"... maybe not for Canadians however.

23. ptijerm

ptijerm Forum Resident

Ouch!! Oh well - it was a good ride while it lasted. RIP Amazon UK orders; it was nice knowing you.

frogfog likes this.
  24. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

I don't order from Amazon Canada to UK now because the shipping increased. Maybe Amazon UK are following suit? I can still order from US for reasonable cost.

25. jrice

jrice Senior Member

UK says the rates to Canada have gone up and the website should be updated soon to reflect it. Wouldn't be surprised if the USA rates do the same but that's just me thinking out loud. They suggested that I shop at CA from now on.