Future Rolling Stones From The Vault releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Lk4605

Lk4605 Forum Resident

... Yes... this one... There wont be an other.., I believe...!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I wouldn't mind a Licks show.

Sean, Clanceman, Colinjpush and 5 others like this.
  3. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Only one?

footlooseman likes this.
  4. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

I've been listening to Bremen and IMO, No Security (which I admit I really like) sounds so much better, the band and the sound.

Sean, Matthew Tate and walrus like this.
  5. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I liked No Security. It's hardly essential, but like Stripped, they managed to make a compelling live album without repeating themselves. I'd love another release like that, with all the rarities and one-offs they've done in the last 7 years, instead of just less-good versions of the same warhorses on Sweet Summer Sun and Havana Moon.

6. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

I have thought for a few years it might be cool to release an album of all of the song vote winners from each tour so you wouldn't have as many warhorses.

Sean, Clanceman, MRamble and 7 others like this.
  7. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident

I don't understand why the Stones' Vault releases aren't marketed as well as Neil Young's Archives and Dylan's Bootleg Series releases. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like they sneak out without much fanfare.

Sean, Clanceman, RogerB and 4 others like this.
  8. walrus

Song votes, but also the stuff like "Mixed Emotions" and "Emotional Rescue" and stuff that they pulled out on their own. Just do it as a digital release, it'd be a well-received, fan-friendly thing with minimal effort required.

9. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I wish they would do a club show where they just play Emotional Rescue in its entirety, kind of like what they did with Sticky Fingers.

laf848, Clanceman, JuanTCB and 6 others like this.
  10. John Fell

Yikes, not Emotional Rescue. :D FYI It is part of the song vote for the next show.

11. John Fell

I would say they are more likely to play Beggars Banquet or Let It Bleed.

Fullbug, J_D__ and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. walrus

I'm sure it's a divisive song, but just thinking about things that hadn't been on previous live releases prior to 2013.

Sean, Matthew Tate and John Fell like this.
  13. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

What about Undercover? Oh No, John, don't saw off me leg! Don't saw off me arm!

Sean, Clanceman, JuanTCB and 2 others like this.
  14. John Fell

It's interesting because I thought No Security was a pretty good idea but apparently some didn't like it because they didn't know as many of the songs.

Sean, Clanceman, The Beave and 2 others like this.
  15. walrus

I'd be surprised if they did another album show. The only reason I think they did Sticky Fingers is because it tied in with the album reissue and was an easy product to push as a live album on top of that.

They won't do any ABKCO albums live, and even then, Beggars is too acoustic-based to work as a full album in a big venue, IMO. The only one I could feasibly have seen them doing is Some Girls, but that reissue has already happened. (And 9 out of the 10 songs are easily found over multiple live albums already)

The Stones as a creative entity may be over, they're just doing a handful of stadium dates a year to keep the juices and revenue flowing, but they haven't done a non-stadium gig in almost 5 years, so I doubt you'll ever see another full-album gig.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. John Fell

Tis but a scratch.:uhhuh:

Sean, Fullbug, shepherdfan and 4 others like this.
  17. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

To be honest, a Some Girls club show in 2011 to promote the Deluxe Edition of that album should've happened. I'm surprised it didn't.

A club show in London where Blue & Lonesome to promote it would've been cool, too. All the promotion that record would've needed, really. Having Clapton come and guest on the two songs he plays on the record would've sealed the deal.

laf848, Sean, Six Bachelors and 5 others like this.
  18. twicks

twicks Forum Resident

The total lack of live promotion for that album makes me think they were saving their ammo for the "true" studio record they thought was hot on its trail. It's the only explanation I can think of.

Sean, footlooseman, MRamble and 2 others like this.
  19. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

This post got me thinking, besides Sticky Fingers, have they released live tracks, either as a complete set or spread out on various live collections, of a complete album? 9 out of 10 of Some Girls, but what is the missing song?

Sean and Matthew Tate like this.
  20. John Fell

I believe they have played all of the songs live on Some Girls at different times. Some Girls was the only one not played live in 1978 but was played live later on starting in 1999.

All of Black and Blue has been played live at different times.

All of the songs on Let It Bleed have been played live at different times except Country Honk. It is of course just a more country influenced version of Honky Tonk Women which is played live all the time.

I believe all of Beggars Banquet has been played live at different times except Dear Doctor and Jigsaw Puzzle.

I think all of Tattoo You has been played live at different times except Slave, Heaven and No Use In Crying.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    laf848, Sean, Dave Hoos and 8 others like this.
  21. MerseyBeatle

John,
    Thank you. As always you’re a wealth of knowledge.

22. RogerB

RogerB Forum Resident

If they would just give me Philadelphia 1972, 1st show I promise I will never ask for anything again and will eat all my vegetables!

laf848, Sean, danielbravo and 11 others like this.
  23. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

they haven't played "tops" right?

24. hardknox

hardknox Forum Resident

"Tops" was played once or twice early on the '81 U.S. tour and then dropped. It was played in a kind of rushed manner and Mick's vocals weren't as expressive as the recorded version. Never really jelled. One version used to be on YouTube; may still be, I haven't looked lately.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. MerseyBeatle

Sean, Clanceman and superstar19 like this.