‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’ Tarantino's Next

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Olompali, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary7704

Gary7704 Chasing that sound….

Most of the Spahn Ranch was purchased by a church. Nothing much remains except for the cave where the famous Life magazine shot was taken of all the girls hiding in. Also a 1969 Corvair owned by a Manson member named Bruce is still there rusting away. But they can rebuild the set on that land I suppose.

alexpop likes this.
  2. Gary7704

Or, he could go to town with the details of the murder and Robbie will need counseling after the shoot.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

I just can’t see it becoming my favourite Tarantino movie the honour goes to Kill Bill & Pulp Fiction. Be happy with third placing.

Ghostworld likes this.
  4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

If we’re lucky It’ll be a top three . DiCaprio was the bright spot in Django. If he’s the lead....it’s
    Going to be good. DiCaprio is at his peak. For me, even Pitt couldn’t save inglorious basterds.

alexpop and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

6. Jason Manley

trumpet sounds likes this.
  7. Gary7704

Wow, never saw that picture before. Is it authentic? Any info about where and when it was taken?

Lightworker likes this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I some ways I might even prefer PIECES of Django more than the way I enjoy PIECES of Basterds. Neither is a great film, but both have good bits. Do I admire Christopher waltz’s “interrogation” more than a weird trip to Candyland? Yeah. But Django has two or three scenes that might be more fun.

9. Mike Hagerty

Mike Hagerty Well-Known Member

Tarantino went to great lengths to re-create 1969 Hollywood, as seen in the trailer. That was all done the hard way, no CGI. His research people got in touch with me and a couple other aircheck collectors about a year and a half ago, looking for unscoped 1969 KHJ airchecks. One of the ones I contributed had Los Bravos' "Bring A Little Lovin" on it, so maybe I was of some help. There's also an actor playing KHJ Boss Jock Humble Harve (who passed away last month at 85) in the film. For those of us who grew up in 60's L.A., this is going to be fascinating.

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I've seen this film's trailer and I always laugh when it reads "this film has not yet been rated" (or similar).

Gee, a Tarantino movie at least partially about the Manson family - what could it possibly be rated? :laugh:

Yeah, I know the MPAA has to say it's not yet rated because it's not, but given the fact QT has only ever made "R" movies, it's still funny to me! :D

11. alexpop

The money shot aka European art house was at the beginning, farm house scene. Don’t know if it was budget constraints but the stage set cinema end scene looked like a episode of Hogan’s Heroes ( maybe that was the intention).

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Looks like a photo of Dennis from 75-77 - like maybe this one...

[​IMG]

13. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

It looks manipulated to me, but its very well done. By the time Dennis sported his 'full-beard' look
    Charlie was already in the pokey for Tale/LaBianca.
    PhotoShop...yeah!

trumpet sounds likes this.
  14. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

He wore that shirt while promoting POB:
    [​IMG]

andrewskyDE likes this.
  15. Jason Manley

So... anyone think the 3rd act of this film will be a giant twist on the actual events of August 8th, 1969? Presumably the Labianca murders will be a footnote if mentioned at all.

16. alexpop

Longer version than the Cannes premier would be welcome.

17. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Friends of mine from L.A. was around there then, he was in his 20's the 60's. The said the weird thing after the murders was that the weather changed. It got foggy and cold. IDK if that could be correlated with Weather Service records, but the 60's certainly seeemed to come to a screeching conclusion

notesfrom, zebop and Lightworker like this.
  18. alexpop

QT quitting if Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is a hit.

Regardless of his 10 films claim.

Guess he wants to quit on a successful film. To late in the day to come up with another, final tenth film.

19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

And the cafe scene before it felt stagey

21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It must suck to be a celebrity if you hate having your picture taken.

22. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Dennis hated having his photo taken?

23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

24. I think that the Star Trek film with QT directing won't come to pass. The last film didn't meet the 3x budget rule, it was also critically received so-so (I think, in fact, the Khan element aside for the second film of the JJA series, that it was the weakest of the lot with plot holes big enough to fly a Starship through and these aren't unanswered, logical questions).

25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

SandAndGlass and alexpop like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.