Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Well, I'm totally naked with my face painted like Aomoxomoa hopping on one foot singing the Ohio state anthem. I don't think anyone could possibly know that...

Oh..., crap, well, I guess now they do... [​IMG]

DEALS: INXS - X $19.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NVY8UHC

2. latheofheaven

Jimijam, imarcq, Greenalishi and 3 others like this.
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

:buttkick:

imarcq, Greenalishi and latheofheaven like this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

5. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

7. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

Greenalishi likes this.
  8. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

9. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Excellent band. Their name referred to "drivin' rockers and cryin' ballads". First three albums (Scarred But Smarter, Whisper Tames The Lion, Mystery Road) are a mix of southern-fried rock and country rock. Then they went full-on hard rock with Fly Me Courageous and Smoke; the latter didn't do well so they changed up and went back to more of the original sound.

10. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Those first 3 you mentioned are uniformly fantastic and still get plenty of plays in my house. Mystery Road was re-released a few years ago with a bonus disc of demos.

11. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

12. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ looks like a nice player, not available any longer at the discount unless I'm doing something wrong.

Greenalishi likes this.
  13. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Are you a Prime member? It only shows up if you are and are logged on.

Greenalishi likes this.
  14. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Yep, I'm a Prime member and I thought of that. I'm logged in and it didn't come up.

Edit: I reloaded my "orders" page thinking it may require me to log in again but it didn't. The deal then came up!

Anyone have experience with this player? I have a FiiO but this is tempting as another cool option for hi-res playback.

15. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Are you using the link or just searching for the item? If you search, it shows up without the discount. But if you click through to it you see the discount. I just tried it and the discount is showing for me.

16. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

I know you bought one, mmars982 and since you asked, SJP, I'll post some feedback on my Cowon experience, albeit with a different player. I can assure you that everything described applies to all of their players.

The Good ;

- Amazing SQ (use the BBE+ liberally and it'll easily dethrone all other players)
    - Lots of features for the money
    - Design is usually good
    - Support for plenty of formats
    - Rockbox support (read below) : unavailable on this model, though.

The Bad ;

- Interface is occasionally counter-intuitive.
    - Occasional bugs are to be expected
    - Firmware updates are provided with regularity for the first year or two, then stop immediately.
    - Build quality is not the greatest
    - Customer support is next to nonexistent. Phone rings endlessly, reps reply to emails after weeks, long turnaround time in case of repair.

Now, it might seem like a commercial against their products but in reality, Cowon is the only manufacturer that has truly impressed me with the sound quality (and power!) of their players. Since I care about SQ more than anything, I live with the quirks.

There used to be a dedicated Cowon message board which has since folded. Too bad, because it was a great resource, full of info and tricks about each player they had. Now, info is scattered throughout a dozen message boards and the threads quickly get lost in a sea of unrelated topics. Here's a 178-page thread I did find which will likely be the most helpful resource.

Cowon Plenue D

Although it's not possible on this particular model due to the absence of a necessary port, Rockbox is a group of guys who reverse-engineer portable music players like the ones from Cowon, Apple, and a slew of other manufacturers and create their own firmware which usually supports more formats and features. Typically, increased performance and battery life is expected. However, installing it removes the ability to use the BBE+ stuff which is a deal-breaker to me. But most prefer the additional support so it's quite a popular option, especially with those wanting to enhance their older players.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  17. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

latheofheaven likes this.
  18. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

microSD Card Slot, Max 128GB

katstep and Strat-Mangler like this.
  19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

This post has the instructions on how to ensure your microSD cards are recognized along with the nice tidbit about the max # of files and folders the device will recognize via onboard and external storage.

Cowon Plenue D

katstep and mmars982 like this.
  20. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

Not to scare anyone off but this reviewer mentions at the 4:30 mark that the "D" has lots of hiss.

I'm on the fence...still a great price for Amazon prime members. And will I even hear the hiss over the dog barking, the neighbor kid mower the grass daily (riding lawn mower), noise in car etc.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  21. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

O
    ...and this review says "no" hiss. So, thank you internet for 2 completely opposite reviews:)
    Cowon Plenue D High Resolution Music Player 32GB (Silver/Black)

22. latheofheaven

Just like I like my women... with expandable storage...

(of course in my case it is required...)

[​IMG]

23. latheofheaven

24. latheofheaven

25. jasonsouza77

jasonsouza77 Vinyl Enthusiast

latheofheaven likes this.