Neil Young & Bob Dylan in Hyde Park 2019

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by arthurprecarious, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

‘My loss will be your gain’

Enjoy!

enro99 and Dayfold like this.
  2. JudasPriest

JudasPriest Forum Resident

Looks like he was surprisingly

HastingsBoy likes this.
  3. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

I think that will add considerably to the enjoyment of the occasion. Let's hope for a Bob and Neil duet too.

4. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

I'll eat my old sneaker if they do a duet.

Elliottmarx likes this.
  5. JudasPriest

Possible but would say 70-30 against

DTK likes this.
  6. Graham

Graham Senior Member

What times are each band onstage? I can’t believe how hard it’s proving to find this information.

7. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

Arthurprecarious kindly informed me:

Bob 20.30 - 22.15

Neil 1800 - 19.45

Laura Marling 16.45 - 17.30

Cat Power 15.30 - 16.15

Sam Fender 14.15 - 15.00

arthurprecarious and Graham like this.
  8. Terry

Terry Senior Member

All Along the Watchtower

9. JudasPriest

Old Man would be very appropriate and Bob did go through a spell of covering it previously in 2002...

10. HastingsBoy

HastingsBoy Forum Resident

I will settle for any song for a duet. Just seeing them on stage at the same time is enough.
    A little bit of rain is forecast for Friday. Hope it doesn't materialize!

11. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

30% chance of rain in the afternoon is forecast but that may change. I do think Neil should be closing the show, Bob’s show is hardly an outdoor event these days let alone following Neil.
    Still looking forward to it.

peace and love✌Dave

12. 3coloursbeige

3coloursbeige Forum Resident

Slightly unexpectedly it looks as though I'll be there too. I'm not a Dylan fan, but at least I can tick him off the list...and I'm slightly wary of Neil playing the entirety of his last few albums - which I still haven't got round to (slow down, Neil!) - but it should be an occasion one way or another! Will definitely be checking up the setlists from Neil's other gigs this week...

13. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

I'm not entirely sure how Boy Azooga fit in with this line-up (maybe the other stage is meant to be more jolly) but I've seen them twice in the last year and they are a good, fun live act. Worth a few minutes of your time if you're going to be there.

14. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Neil will play a healthy mixture of songs from throughout his career.

Weather - a little rain is no harm. It was far too hot last year for Paul Simon. Unfortunately, I had to sell my Hyde Park ticket but I hope to make it to Kilkenny.

15. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I always avoid these stadium/park gigs, just not my thing. But a friend of mine who has a small label, works as a manager and bookings agent, just told me he got a guest ticket up close via Charlie Sexton. Now I'm jealous...

budwhite, The MEZ and Rockford & Roll like this.
  16. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

Yeah but look at it this way:

Neil will play a blistering set that the crowd, including me, will love then Bob will bring things down a bit and non hard core Dylan fans will leave early, the crowd thin out leaving more space for hard nut fans like me to get up closer to his Bobness.

Then if Neil does join Bob on stage it would just make my week after seeing The Who the previous Saturday.... what more could I ask!

Richard

17. Efus

Efus Senior Member

The odds of him playing most of the new upcoming album would be greater than him doing that.
    But I suspect, you'll get a couple new ones, a lot of familar warhorses, and perhaps a cover.
    Probably be hard to top that Beatles Day In The Life, he rolled out a few years ago as an encore.

18. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

looking at neil's setlists from last week, you will probably get a nice greatest hits set with some curveballs thrown in. surprisingly, he hasn't been playing any new tunes like he did on the pac nw tour.

seeing bob after neil? reminds me of when I saw the smashing pumpkins follow the beasties boys at lollapalooza. I hope no one throws a shoe at Dylan!

19. 3coloursbeige

Yes, I saw his A Day In The Life at Roskilde in 08 - unexpected and amazing.

Rockford & Roll likes this.
  20. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Only time I have seen Neil was one of my only big field/stadium type gigs. Triple threat of Pearl Jam, Van Morrison and Neil Young with Booker T and the MGs. Now THAT was a gig...

oh1 and autumn daze like this.
  21. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident Thread Starter

Neil always does a selection from across the years.

22. Pussycat

Pussycat (=^•.•^=)~*

Bob's got to be last, regardless. It's a respect thang. :)

The MEZ and Biscuit1970 like this.
  23. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Weather forecast has improved for Friday.

peace and love✌Dave

24. musicaner

musicaner Forum Resident

i was listening to a dylan tape from a show from a few days ago, and was very impressed with it. the band follows him no longer the other way around. the one guitar player who would just strum is gone, thank god.

The MEZ likes this.
  25. 3coloursbeige

Yeah, had a look at some the set-lists from Germany last week - all look great! And quite different too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.