Rolling Stones 2019 U.S. Summer Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I think it is pretty well known that he had checked out before the Bleed sessions, since his involvement with Beggars Banquet was already so limited.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Brian Resource

Brian Resource Forum Resident

Not really. There is a frustrating lack detailed info for that period of time compared to others.

3. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Also, what does this Taylor/Wood/Jones stuff have to do with 2019 US tour?

MRamble and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. Brian Resource

Broad brushstrokes.

5. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

It is doubtful there will ever be as detailed recording information about the Stones like there is with the Beatles. The resources available now don't even agree and it appears the Stones were not as meticulous about detailing the recording sessions as the Beatles were.

Brian Resource and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Brian Resource

Anyway, the aformentioned "apex" began with Jumpin' Jack Flash.

The convo has moved in to other irrelevent things so stepping out to allow it to get back to 2019.

Rich C and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Does anyone know the song vote choices for the next show?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. icirider

icirider Forum Resident

Memo From Turner
    Gomper
    Sweet Neo Con
    Con Le Mie Lacrime

Fletch, Stat1516, Oatsdad and 4 others like this.
  9. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

o_OMemo From Turner for me and Jagger has to dress like he did in the movie while singing it. :uhhuh:

nojasa, Matthew Tate and icirider like this.
  10. icirider

icirider Forum Resident

Gomper as the whole B Stage set would be cool.

11. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

You wrote:

So, you claim to be speaking on behalf of the majority of Stones fans, thus casting me in the extreme minority.

Indeed I did, I merely raised the point to illustrate the fact that more Stones fans bought an album which Taylor is not on, so perhaps the Taylor-era is not as revered as you assume it to be.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  12. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

You’re losing it bub. You wrote that I claimed to speaking for ALL Stones fans. I never did. I’ve been very clear about my reasonable assertion. Your entire argument has become a joke. I’m bored with it.

13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I went to the Foxboro show with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed the show! We were in the cheap seats (334) but it didn't diminish the enjoyment one bit. It is the first show I've gone to in ages where I didn't get closer to the exits to hear the encores. We stayed in our seats after the show till the section was almost cleared out and security said "let's go!". It was a perfect summer night to be outside. My daughter thanked me a number of times and was able to cross it off her "bucket list". Hearing her say that made my night :)!

14. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Absolutely nil, but does it stop these types slinging mud at one another in pointless unending diatribes? No... and the rest of us have to break out the ignore button so we can enjoy proper discussion of what is shaping up to be an excellent tour

JoeRockhead and Bill Mac like this.
  15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I agree. It amazes me how some can veer off on totally different directions than the thread topic. Then to keep at it arguing back and forth on topics totally unrelated to the threads topic.

Jack likes this.
  16. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

How was the sound on the upper level Bill? We were in the 200 level and it was very good but the bass was a little boomy at times?

17. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

It wasn't that bad. It was what one could expect being so high up and with a bit of a breeze. Plenty of volume and Mick's vocals were very clear. Can't say the same for Keith's vocals but it is what it is ;). I don't recall the bass being boomy.

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Well, it’s a one week break between shows so people go back to discussing things that have been discussed endlessly among fans for around four decades.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. TheDailyBuzzherd

TheDailyBuzzherd Forum Resident

"Ronnie Wood, meanwhile, continued being perhaps the only lead guitarist
    in rock history consistently overshadowed by his rhythm guitarist."

Uh-oh.

20. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Whether the shows are one week or several days apart it shouldn't matter IMO. It gets frustrating when several members are arguing about totally unrelated subjects and others are trying to discuss the threads topic.

Jack, aphexj and reb like this.
  21. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

The Biggest Bang tour was very up and down for me. I made it to the Julliard press conference "gig" (best lunch hour ever, btw) and I thought they sounded great just pared down to the bare essentials - the guitars were loud and nasty, no Chuck or backing vocals or horns getting in the way - just primal Stones. Opening night at Fenway was kind of weak - crappy sound and a seemingly tentative performance. Opening night jitters? Regardless, by MSG in Jan. of '06, they were absolutely ripping. Filthy guitars, a killer setlist (the Love Is Strong/Rocks Off/Worried About You chunk towards the beginning was just one WTF moment after the other), great energy, and the crowd just going absolutely bananas. One of my favorite Stones shows. They seemed to keep up this momentum through the Superbowl, Rio, and Asia. And then there was the Palm Tree Incident and the remainder of the tour was just subpar, from what I've seen and heard. I saw them again in NJ in '12 with some serious reservations but they delivered the goods big time. It seems like the next few years were slightly diminishing returns until '19, which seems to be a rebound of sorts. Regardless, I'm all in for MetLife next month and I'm very psyched that the boy's first Stones show will (hopefully still) be during a late career resurgence.

22. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

Hmm.. Not sure what they're saying there. Where is that from?

23. vcpj

vcpj Gomper

It gets better: I spotted "And Mr. Pitney And Mr. Spector Came Too"!

Mick does say "Half of which I don't know" lol.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I’m afraid it’s never going to stop. What amazes me is that it’s not only the same topics, but the same point about the same topics. It’s worse on Stones fan forums when there’s no ongoing tour.

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I saw the Stones 4 times in 2006 (IIRC). Two were GREAT: Atlantic City and Baltimore.

Chicago was meh, whereas the Beacon was... I don't know. All I really remember about that show was that from my balcony seat, I couldn't see the front half of the stage, so I barely glimpsed Mick, Keith and Ronnie all night.

At the very least, I batted .500 that year. Of my 55 Stones shows, AC and Baltimore were 2 of the best! Definitely haven't seen any since then that competed, though the 2nd of 3 London shows in 2007 was also very good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.